September 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Skincare - Body - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Baby skin creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

This is a thick, waxy creme/balm that comes packaged in a cute, old-fashioned-looking jar. Smells so nice after it's settled down on your skin (otherwise there's a strong rubbery/glue-y odor along with the apricot and vanilla)--really warm and comforting, though it goes away fairly quickly. Moisturizing-wise, it's okay, not great. Skin feels a bit sticky after application. But that's okay. I use it mostly b/c I enjoy the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2004 5:43:00 PM More reviews by rthusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really have dry skin at all so this isn't a product that one would think would be on my "must have" list, but it's there!
I do a lot of gardening, and in the early spring my hands end up torn and really pathetic looking. A night doesn't go by that I don't apply this to them during that time. It has a wonderful soothing capability. (NEVER BURNS, like so many other things I have tried on them) Even though I have tons of cuts, blisters, et al.. all over my hands
It sure doesn't smell great, but it puts my hands right back in shape ready for the next day (I use it at night.) The smell reminds me of my sons really thick "oldschool" J&J diaper ointment.
Highly recommend to anyone with sensitive, extremely dry, painful, cracked hands continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2004 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Nicole99

I disliked this creme very much..It is so thick and takes ages to absorb into your skin (you have to rub it in for ages)
The after effect was a big greasy mess...I will be using my small tin full on my feet...would never put this anywhere near my face! The tin was cute, thats about the only thing i liked about this product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 11:28:00 AM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

in the minority here, I dislike Burt's Bees brand stuff. The company seems, IMHO, to be "marketing" us- trying to appeal to a "nature/natural/organic/hippy" kind of crowd, but their products seem very un-organic,
anyway, off my soapbox and onto review.
a very thick creme, very strong smelling (not a nice smell- to my nose). I use mine to rub into nail area and it does seem to melt into the skin well, and to moisturize as well. tho a bit greasy, good to use at night so the greasiness doesnt bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2003 12:31:00 AM More reviews by vgrrrl

this is a thick cream that is highly scented compared to the other baby bee products. this is nice for dry patches. i also put this on my feet and out socks on overnight. in the am, my feet are nice and soft and smell yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2003 3:58:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I really like this lotion. I bought the Baby Bee lotion, dusting powder, and solid perfume. IMO, all of them smell slightly different. The lotion smells like milk and honey with a very, very light apricot scent. Smells very fresh. My husband LOVES the scent. I think it's bc it's a comforting/foody/fresh scent. A wonderful nighttime scent. The lotion is slightly greasy-be forewarned. It works wonderfully though-sinks right in. Very, very nice line of products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my feet and elbows. It really makes my skin feel so soft and smooth. I actually kind of like the scent. I have really dry skin so I also use it on my arms and legs sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells like the baby oil. I got a little pot of this stuff and used it mainly on dry rough patches of skin. did moisturize but if i had the tube i'd use it as a hand creme instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2002 9:08:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

Nice for really dry areas, but the scent is a little strong...

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2002 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kthibo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great moisturizer, but I had to wash off...Boy, it stinks! Stinky, Stinky!