beautyblender the sponge

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my... How have I done my makeup so long without this?
I never really thought about what this sponge could do - because clearly, it's a sponge.
But it applies my makeup flawless. The foundation looks so natural and it really smoothes out pores and imperfections. Its great to use for concealer too because it blends it all so well.
Today I also tried it with powder - it left my skin so flawless. I really can get enough of this product and I need to get a backup! :-)

on 6/3/2015 3:49:00 PM

ah beauty blender, i love you!

Makes foundation application so smooth and even. This is for sheer-er coverage, makes "dewy foundations" more dewy(especially when used damp). If you want a little more coverage let this set for a few minutes than apply another layer.

the bad part is its ridiculous expensive for such a unhygienic product. Yes any sponge is nasty and unhygienic, there is no way around that.

That being said, i splurge on a new beauty blender a couple times a year, and use it on special occasions. I buy dupes for my day to day, which i haven't found one that is an exact dupe, but they get the job done.

on 6/3/2015 3:34:00 PM

I don't see why everyone loves this, I prefer my brushes to this, I only use this sponge for my concealer and I don't think it's worth spending 20 on a sponge to blend your concealer. Very disappointed

on 5/26/2015 4:27:00 PM

After a couple of years of using the BeautyBlender dupes, I finally got my hands on a real BeautyBlender in my Birchbox, lol.

I absolutely love it, it is a lot softer than I thought. The dupes are pretty dense. I don't usually wet it before I use it, and I find that I have no issue.

It leaves such a flawless finish in comparison to brushes. I never understood how girls could use those stippling brushes to apply liquid foundation, they always leave major streak marks on me!

I have also realized a trend w/ people who have noticed mold on their BB's, they are not storing them correctly. They need to be aired out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was initially intrigued by the great reviews on this product and I'll admit, it worked great the first couple of times I used it. The major problem I have with this product is that after a couple of washes, black dots started to appear on the sponge and those spots, according to google, are MOLD. Yes, that's right. MOLD. I couldn't believe it when I read about it and now I'm upset that I have to throw this sponge away, after only using it a couple of times. I most likely won't purchase another beauty blender in the future and I'll probably invest in a good foundation brush, as those last longer and are easier to clean and dry.

All in all, I would not recommend this product, since you don't really get your money's worth. It's just like any other sponge, in that it accumulates mold after a period of time, which is not good for your health....

At first, I was like so many who thought this was such a huge, gimmicky, product. I thought it was no different than my wedge sponges I used from the drugstore. But, I gave in to the hype. I admit it. I was so curious.

I finally got my beauty blender in the mail, and literally could not wait to use it. I went directly to my bathroom, washed the beauty blender with soap and water to remove any germs, rung it out, leaving the sponge slightly damp. Then I got my Juice Beauty foundation, and got to work. Using dabbing motions to my face, my foundation was applying smoothly and even. If I wan't getting enough coverage, I would wait for the first layer to dry, and then reapply. After years of applying foundation, I had never managed to make it look this good, despite using foundation brushes, other sponges, and even my hands, despite using my best efforts. This made my skin look so natural, and the finish was seamless.

Safe to say, I'm hooked. Do I find it expensive? Yes. But, it makes my foundation look better than ever, and it's easy to use, so I'm willing to pay that price for a product that works so well for me. Plus, I've had mine for almost a year, and it still does the job perfectly, so I figure it's paid for itself. So, I'm extremely satisfied with this product, and I highly recommend trying it out!

on 4/23/2015 3:45:00 PM

Eje best flor a natural finish!

on 4/19/2015 10:44:00 AM

My oh my, this really doesn't work for me. Im quite shocked. Ive tried different foundations I've tried watching numerous videos and im so reluctant to give it away but I have to. My issue is if you have scars or pitted acne scars or large pores with a buffing brush you are able to buff foundation in and hid those flaws but with a beauty blender the foundation struggles to sink into those areas. Great product for people who dont have this issue and feels lovely and cool on the skin after wetting. Also you need time with this to get an even finish i get the same finish much faster with a big buffing brush.

on 4/18/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was super skeptical when I first heard about the bb because I thought $20 for a sponge was outrageous. I bought one anyway just to see what the hype was about and fell in love. It leaves the finish of my becca creme foundation so smooth and even! I also have the mini bb's, not quite as in love with them as I am the original, but they're good for tight spaces under the eyes etc. I always use mine wet-tried it dry just to see and it did not perform the same. Definitely try them if you're considering.

I have the most combo skin known the man. Half of my face can fry up a mean serving of onion rings while the other side makes me look like i'm shedding my winter coat... every month. So when I am not trying to combat this with skin care, I like to cover up all of my battle scars for work and other professional things. But how can I do that by catering to both ends of the skintype spectrum? The beautyblender was my answer. I used to use a RT buffing brush - which I am sure will work fine if I move back to South Florida but now that I live in Boston it isnt cutting it to have half a face of flakey skin after I apply even a tinted moisturizer. Enter the bb, I can't tell you why but it applies just about any face product without causing my skin to look its worst. My dry parts don't turn into plateaus of face colored goop and my oily parts are kept at bay. I will keep buying a bb until the end of time, it really is a gem.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools