beautyblender the sponge

4.4

After being a beauty blender skeptic for a while now, I finally gave into the hype and bought the BB. The finish it gives is flawless and I'll probably never use my fingers for foundation again. The price is a little steep but I have not been disappointed!

FINALLY bought into the hype and was ready to be disappointed as I couldn't see how it could possibly be as good as everyone says it is.

BEST DECISION EVER.

Gave - surprisingly - incredible coverage with just my standard foundation and some concealer - a feat. considering my severe scarring and hyper-pigmentation.

Great with liquid foundation, powders, concealer, highlighter, everything.

I though other sponges I'd used were amazing but this makes them all look crap.

It may be expensive but given it replaces my 7 other brushes and 2 sponges I used to use regularly (which came to a total of way over £100) it's value for money. Additionally it made my £10 drugstore foundation and £7.50 concealer look like high-end products without me having to splash out on them.

Worth every penny in my eyes.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Totally love this blender. Works like magic. I think i can live with only beauty blender and without any other brushes. So smooth and flawless, easy blending, not time consuming,

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

use this for all of my face makeup even powders! I have the pro beauty blender ( black one ) worth every penny because I stopped using face makeup brushes.

The bottom line for this product is, if you think $20 is too expensive for a sponge then no amount of rave reviews will change your opinion. In this case of course RT and other dupes will always be more attractive simply due to their price point and *almost* comparable performance.

BB will most likely be best value and give you the best results if you wear a medium-high coverage foundation often - in those situations BB's ability to sheer out the textures of those foundations and "airbrush" the application while still giving you full coverage comes in the handiest and is the most satisfying. Furthermore, the better you take care of it the longer it will last (gently but thoroughly cleaning it with a mild soap after every use and storing in an open area with lots of airflow). Those who are good about keeping their tools nice and clean will find that a $20 BB is a great beauty investment - a great basic tool to have that lasts.

I don't quite understand the reviews on here that say it uses up more product than a brush or your fingers. The hydrophilic sponge material is supposed to soak up and hold in water, making it less likely that the sponge will absorb your product. This is why BB works best when damp. I got mine as a present, and will most likely repurchase, although I will try my best to find it at a discounted price somewhere.

I didn't "get" the beauty blender for a long time - why would you spend $20 on a sponge when you can get the same one at Shoppers for a few dollars? But last Christmas, I had a Sephora giftcard and there was a double pack for cheap - I figured I may as well check out one of the most popular beauty products of all time.

And I'm SO glad I did.

Other sponges simply don't compare. When used correctly, this makes my foundation coverage look flawless and natural, even when I've applied several layers. Moreover, my skin has become a lot clearer since I started using it (probably because it's easy to give this a quick spray of cleanser everytime you use it).

Yes, this product is way too expensive for what it is, but with how great it makes my face look, it's a cost I can justify.

I bought the beauty blender because of all the fuss and reviews that it is amazing and irreplaceable. It is amazing, but NOT irreplaceable! I first purchased the Miracle sponge by real techniques (about a month and a half ago) and i was my first interraction with makeup sponges. I was amazed from the 1st application, i will never ever use my fingers again!

While searching for youtube videos about how to make the best of this sponge, i got to realize that the beautyblender was so much more expesive! i had no idea and i bought the micracle sponge because that was the most reasonable looking sponge in Boots (they didn't have beautybelnder at all anyway). So now i bought the beautyblender out of curiosity and to understand why most people say that miracle sponge is good, but not as good as the beautyblender.

Not that i have tested both, i can't possible understand why people would pay 3 times more for the beautyblender. Unless you have supervision, there is no difference in the finish between the 2 sponges! They maybe have different composition, but the result is the same!!!! So, the reason i am giving this a 3 is because the price doesn't justify the results when there is a competitor product doing the same, 3 times cheaper.

- there is no difference in "bounceability" between the 2! And if there is, i don't see a difference in the end result!
- BB is NOT softer than the miracle sponge. This was a shock as eveybody says that BB is softer. It's not, on the contrary, once wet, the micracle sponge is slightly softer and less dense than the BB which i like more
- miracle sponge washes better, it's easier to get the foundation off. I washed my BB this morning and it is still stained, probably the composition of the sponge retains product, which i don't like. i feel it's dirty even though i washed it. Also, and this was a big dissapointment, once i washed the BB, when i squeezed it, the water was PINK because of the colorant used. I hope the colorant is natural (is it?), but that was so disappointing!

All in all, BB is a great product, foundation will not look the same with any other product, EXCEPT the miracle sponge which gives the exact same finish.

And, if you're thinking it, i don't mind the £12 i spent on BB, i don't find it that expensive, but if i can get the same result with less money, why not? i am not trying to "shame" BB, but seriously, if you are thinking about buying one buy a miracle sponge first and if you are not happy with it, then buy a BB - but i guarantee you won't see a difference :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had used the Real Techniques dupe of this product for a while before I decided to purchase this to see if there really is a difference. Honestly, I don't see why I should pay $20 when the RT sponge is just as good for $6. The only big difference I noticed is that the beauty blender is a bit easier to clean in that my foundation gets cleaned out more quickly than from my RT sponge. But we're talking like a 2 minute difference here. So personally, while this works great, once it has run its course, I'll be going back to the RT makeup sponge.

This is great for my Bobbi Brown BB cream, looks like a "better version" of my skin, because you can still see the skin under the bb cream.I hate foundations because of the "mask effect" so I love it because it makes me look so natural. I used to use my fingers but you can't comparet, this delivers far better results and the application is easier and less messy. Would definately buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought a Sephora brand similar sponge to save $. Used that for 3 years, without it breaking down. On a whim I bought The Sponge 2 weeks ago. It is So Much Better! Soft and the pointy end is great for concealer and the corners of your eyes and nose! And the large end provides flawless coverage--amazingly better than the knock-off!! I'm so surprised and pleased. I'm looking forward to applying my foundation in the mornings! Even at the price, this is one of those worth it things.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools