September 2, 2014 | 913 users online

Liquid - Hourglass - Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As promised, it gives a radiant glow, covers pores, and does not settle into lines or make me look old. Of Hourglass' three new foundations (including the Tinted Moisturizer and Liquid Powder Foundation) this is the best one, hands down. I think it is more natural looking and wears better than many other foundations I've tried. It's just not quite good enough to make me abandon my HG Shiseido foundations that I swear by.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by MES

I love the finish on this, hands down best finish of any foundation. Not too matte, not too dewy, just very natural. Light to medium coverage, not at all heavy or cakey on my dry skin. I applied this with my fingers, a dab on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and nose and blended out. finished with a very light dusting of powder and was done. Great makeup that doesn't look like you are wearing makeup. Very pricey though, and definitely high end.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is way too thick and cakey. When I wear it I can feel like I'm wearing foundation all day long - who wants that? Heavy, heavy, heavy - way too much coverage. Also separates and has to be mixed again before applied. *shudders* DO NOT WANT.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I like a flawless coverage- but not thick and cakey, my fave foundation so far being MUFE HD foundation/ occasionally LM silk creme. I dont like mac foundations, as although i love medium-fuller coverage they all tend to look quite made up on me, and visible. Anyway i got this in sand which was slightly too light for my nc35/37 skintone. I didnt find it orange-y at all just about 2 shades lighter than I am. I didnt like the coverage- too sheer, slippery texture of the foundation so kept moving about, and highlighted all these pores on my nose and dry patches (and with the horrid uk winter weather right now i definitely have a few!) My skin which is otherwise clear, looked crap. Bits of redness around my nose showed through the foundation. Definitely not for me. I thought it was like those runny thin drugstore foundations and certainly nothing about it wowed me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic foundation, but of course not for everyone. This might help someone trying to decide if this foundation could work for them:

- provides a light to medium level of coverage
- dewy to satin finish. if you have oily skin and prefer a mattifying foundation, this is not it. I have dry to normal skin and I adore the natural finish it gives
- limited shade range BUT is workable. I have NC20 skin and wear the shade 0- porcelain, which has yellow undertones too. I don't see this working for anyone with lighter skin than that, but when this shade is buffed in it suits me very well. Shade 1 is too peach-toned for me and doesn't match my neck.
- best applied with a synthetic buffing brush in circular motions. I use the retractable foundation brush also made by hourglass but I've had good results also with the Real Techniques buffing brush and the Sigma f80 flat-top kabuki brush.
- if shine is a problem for you then definitely use a powder after you apply the foundation. I find this works really well with the NARS light reflecting setting powder on my T-zone.

Overall, I love this foundation and it is my holy grail. I'm normal to dry and the finish works well for me and doesn't oxidize. But try it out first! In Australia, mecca cosmetica always offers samples. $87 AUD is too much to spend on a foundation that doesn't work for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

The end all and be all of foundation. Great medium to heavy coverage without the cakey feeling. They softer "lit" affect is nice glow on my combo skin but NOT as dewey as BB/CC creams, which I don't like for that aspect. In fact, it's skin tightening and softening, spanx for the face is what one make up artisit calls it. He's right, takes years off the face! Feels great on.

Now for the color. Hourglass is weird in this way. DO NOT rely on the numbering system, 1.5 (nude that should work for most Asian skin tones), is darker than 2.0, depending on your definition of "dark". So invest the time to find the color without relying on the numbers, it's worth it.

I hate wearing foundation so when I need the coverage, I splurge on the best. I have Georgio Maestro, Tom Ford, YSL, Kevin Aucion, Laura Mercier, Cle de peu, MAC, Chantacalle, etc... Been there done that, all disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by antarctican

I tried this as a free Sephora sample. Be warned -- it's SO orange. I have neutral to warm skin and I can't even imagine whose skin tone would match this. Given some of the other reviews, it sounds like the oranginess runs throughout all of the shades in this line. I tried Nude. Egad. No bueno.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by mexpert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great coverage, love the Dewey finish, and is the only foundation that doesn't make me break out! I highly recommend this foundation and it's anti aging!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

I so, so, so wanted to love this foundation. After reading all the great anti-aging properties it has and the natural properties, I wanted this to be my HG! However, although I do "like" the foundation, I do not love it, and for the price, I would need to love it. I am going to finish the bottle, because I do like the dewy appearance that it gives me, it is not worth the money spent. I like something more full coverage, which I thought this was going to be; however it does feel more like a tinted moisturizer and transfers easily to clothes/cell phone/etc. It also did this after I set it with Laura Gellar Balance and Brighten. Like I said, I will finish but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation isn't for me... If your looking for age correction , a dewy finish and plumping then this will work . I def will say its not for everybody but for the right person it can be great..( I tried it on many friends with diff skin n concerns wanting to love it) it has good ingredients like synthe 6 with apparently fills in wrinkles and a skin tightener called ST PH. The colors are very bizarre I must say... I feel like the tinted moist by this brand is much much better.