Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 5/16/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I am a bit on the fence with this foundation. It is a true 4 out of 5 star foundation.

**Start with the bad...
Color selection is just awful. I'm not buying into the whole 1 size fits all makeup marketing thing. Perhaps they thought it was more high end to only offer a few colors. Anyway, I am around NC20-25, Bobbi Brown Sand 2.5-Beige 3, Bourjois 52, Make Up Forever N120. The closest match for me was shade 1.5 Nude. The 2 as mentioned is a strange dark orange color. If you are NC20 which seems to be a very common color, the only way you are going to get a perfect match is by mixing shades 0 with 1.5. If you are someone who doesn't mind a little bit of extra "warmth", or if your neck is darker than your face, then you'll still like this foundation regardless of getting the perfect shade, bc the thin formula still makes it look decent, just adding some peachiness to the face. I however, like to get a perfect color match because just a few shades off ages the face, I feel. Right in between NC25-NC30 should be a perfect match for HGVeil in 1.5 Nude. 0 Porcelain gave my NC20 face a white-ish cast, so I think it's best for NC15-NC20. Any lighter and you're out of luck.

**The Good...
I think this is a must-have for makeup artists, who can buy multiple shades and mix them as necessary.

Beautiful gorgeous lightweight and silken formula that plays on the light really well. Thin consistency with good coverage. Those with redness will LOVE this foundation, as it's really designed to cover that.

Another GREAT thing about this is the peachiness does WORK covering undereye darkness!! I may have to play around with this, maybe use it to blend into areas on top of my other foundations, or pat on where I am getting redness from the sun. Someone else mentioned that being necessary for mediteranean skin tone, and I believe that's true I'm pale olive, (and even for other skin tones to get the most realistic looking coverage.) Kenneth Soh says he never uses just one foundation on his models. I think that is the nature of this product too, it's so realistic looking that it is better suited to applying on certain areas of the face with the right shade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Overall
This alllmooost works for me, but I also got Bourjois Healthy Mix in the mail at the same time, and wearing both on my face, they are SOOO similar!! My gosh. Anyway, the Bourjois HM is just a little bit better....err maybe a lot better (can't stop looking at the side with BJHM!), but they're both great. If you like this but can't find your color, try to buy a BJHM online, the price is ridiculously cheap too.

The people that hate this are most likely just using the wrong color. Usually that exaggerating all lines and looking 10 years older is just from the wrong color match.

As a foundation lover, I may keep this in case I darker this summer as the formula agrees with my skin and is one of the best foundations I've tried. SO natural. Looks like you just have amazin' skin!

on 5/5/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Probably one of the worst foundations I've ever used! Didn't ditsy on longer than 3 hours in cold weather before it started sliding off my face. Settled into lines and overall just looked awful.

on 4/21/2014 4:13:00 AM

I have very pale skin, and I was matched as porcelain in store. I have quite oily skin, that occasionally breaks out, but for the most part is quite blemish free and even toned. I do have some large pores around my nose but generally my skin is pretty good. This foundation looked quite nice in the store, flawless and luminous, which is what I wanted. I wore it home and as the day went on, it became darker, and almost orange toned, and quite clearly the wrong colour for me. It also magnified my pores and sat unevenly on my skin, and accentuated any tiny flaw on my skin. It also had a funny smell to it, and I am not generally sensitive to smells. It doesn't seem to be a foundation that wears well. I couldn't wait to take it off. I was really disappointed with this, and will definitely return it.

on 1/4/2014 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another high end foundation I was not impressed with. Heavy and accentuated my lines and pores. Good coverage but not something I couldn't get from Revlon Colorstay. I would never pay $60 for this. I got this in a generous sample from Sephora and I was very disappointed. 3 lippies for the packaging and how nice it looks but the product itself is nothing to write home about.

I looked better without it frankly and I would not recommend it.

on 12/21/2013 10:59:00 AM

I got a pretty large sample of this at Sephora with the primer as I had seen fantastic reviews on youtube singing its praises. Based on the hefty pricetag, I had high expectations. The packaging is wonderful, the product feels absolutely wonderful going on(I'm shade porcelain for this foundation).

I cleansed with my Clarisonic, moisturized, and applied hourglass primer(again, this product too feels wonderful upon application), and then applied the foundation. This is a medium to full coverage foundation, and I know everyone's skin is different, but it highly oxidized on me. By the end of the work day, it was at least 2 shades darker on my face and it looked masklike - hello orange face. Perhaps it's just my personal skin chemistry that didn't react well to it, but I also didn't think the coverage looked very skin like or natural either.

For the price, in my mind there are so many better options than this.

on 11/28/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was put off by some of the terrible reviews on this product but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I've had it for a few weeks now so I feel I can give it a decent review.

I am an NC20 for reference with strong yellow undertones and bought this in Porcelain. I really don't see anyone with lighter skin tones matching well with this product.

If I do not exfoliate, and put on a night cream the night before, this WILL cling to my dry patches. It gives a radiant finish and paired with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, it lasts a very long time.

It does cost 60 dollars but I can justify the price because this has the primer ALREADY IN IT and I don't need additional primers and I only need a half a pump to cover my whole face.

Love love love this.

on 10/27/2013 12:28:00 PM

As promised, it gives a radiant glow, covers pores, and does not settle into lines or make me look old. Of Hourglass' three new foundations (including the Tinted Moisturizer and Liquid Powder Foundation) this is the best one, hands down. I think it is more natural looking and wears better than many other foundations I've tried. It's just not quite good enough to make me abandon my HG Shiseido foundations that I swear by.

on 10/11/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love the finish on this, hands down best finish of any foundation. Not too matte, not too dewy, just very natural. Light to medium coverage, not at all heavy or cakey on my dry skin. I applied this with my fingers, a dab on the forehead, chin, cheeks, and nose and blended out. finished with a very light dusting of powder and was done. Great makeup that doesn't look like you are wearing makeup. Very pricey though, and definitely high end.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This foundation is way too thick and cakey. When I wear it I can feel like I'm wearing foundation all day long - who wants that? Heavy, heavy, heavy - way too much coverage. Also separates and has to be mixed again before applied. *shudders* DO NOT WANT.

I like a flawless coverage- but not thick and cakey, my fave foundation so far being MUFE HD foundation/ occasionally LM silk creme. I dont like mac foundations, as although i love medium-fuller coverage they all tend to look quite made up on me, and visible. Anyway i got this in sand which was slightly too light for my nc35/37 skintone. I didnt find it orange-y at all just about 2 shades lighter than I am. I didnt like the coverage- too sheer, slippery texture of the foundation so kept moving about, and highlighted all these pores on my nose and dry patches (and with the horrid uk winter weather right now i definitely have a few!) My skin which is otherwise clear, looked crap. Bits of redness around my nose showed through the foundation. Definitely not for me. I thought it was like those runny thin drugstore foundations and certainly nothing about it wowed me.