August 21, 2014 | 1947 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product as good, meaning effective enough for for daily use/maintenance, for MILD acne-prone skin. As expected, it comes with an alcohol-like smell but it lathers on easily and cleanses well. I use this once to twice a day and it doesn't dry the skin. Pretty pricey for a simple, but I think it's worth it for both preventive and therapeutic purposes for those prone to have MILD acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

I am actually using a sample that I received from Nordstrom and think that it is a really great product. I only use it once a day (during my nighttime regime) and use another cleanser for my mornings. It takes off your makeup and is non foaming (which through me off because I'm so used to seeing some bubbles like washing my face but apparently seeing these doesn't necessarily mean its cleansing the skin anyway) and I then follow it up with the Special Glycolic Cleansing Lotion, and so far my skin has been transformed! I have been going through a crazy time of STRESS STRESS STRESS and my skin has shown it. Thankfully I found Mario's products and am currently using this along with the toner, his body wash, special cleansing lotion o and am very happy with my results. Within the first 2 weeks, I must admit that it looked like it may have been getting worse, but I'm on my 3rd week and have seen drastic results on getting clearer skin and being back to its norm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this to help with acne. My skin is very sensitive and lately I`ve been having more breakouts (possibly diet problems, haha). The first couple of times it helped, made my pores smaller, cleaner. BUT than my face got really red... My friend had SEVERE acne and this cleanser cleaned her face so nicely that now she has 0% acne!!! So yes, it does work, it is really not that expensive, a bottle will last a long time. Smell is more like medical smell, but that is ok. Works very well. The only thing if you are like me, and your skin is sensitive, you can`t use this every day, maybe 1x 2x a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ivy25

I have combination-oily dehydrated and acne-prone skin, and i had heard people rave about this produst so i purchased it. It has a nice scent to it, smells clean and fresh. It's not a foaming cleanser, but I personally don't mind that. However, it made my skin feel kind of thight, and it didn't do anything for my skin, espeacilly not my acne. I think this would be better to someone who has oliy skin, without to much acne. I will not purchase this item again, money wasted unfortnately...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ew. Caused cystic acne. I am not a happy girl right now. Maybe this is MB's way of forcing me to use the buffering lotion? LOL. Ok, its not funny. :-/
I thought that I could use this product to battle occasional breakouts. Wrong.
Also, this does not remove makeup very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by rmorrow

This stuff broke me out like no other!! At first I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I was inundated with cysts and whiteheads worse than I've had in years. I really didn't think a cleanser could do this sort of damage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Musja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser for couple of month and I really like it. I have a super sensitive acne prone combo skin an this cleanser works just great - doesn't dryme out -my skin loves it.
The only thing is that it has a mild scent of an airfreshner, it doesn't bother me much but I wish it was something more pleasent.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by BerniA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not so sure what to think of this cleanser. I've been using it for about a month and I think it may be the reason my skin has gotten pretty irritated lately. It started off calming my acne down, but then I've been feeling itchy all over my face lately and really dry, even after moisturizing. I stopped using it and continued with just the buffering lotion and drying lotion after my new cleanser and I haven't had any irritation as of late. I have a ton left in the bottle, so I might save it for when my skin really freaks out, but for now I'm shelving yet another facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by badwolf42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

So I have been using this for A LONG time now, and I can honestly say it is amazing. My skin looks so healthy using this. It has no smell and few ingredients which I love. Not too pricey for a nicer skin care line. Makes my skin feel great and smooth. Obviously do not get it near eyes, but it just feels so great. Def recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going through some tough times, so my life is anxiety/stress central these days. Of course, it reflects on my skin. I break out at the drop of a hat. I went to Ulta and found this. They had a trial size for $8, bless them, so I decided to give it a try. So far, I'm pretty happy with it. No, it's not a miracle worker, but it's working better than my usual cleanser. More importantly, it does not dry my face out. In spite of my age, I'm still oily. But if I use regular D/S acne cleaners, my skin gets very dry. Not with this stuff. It's mild and nice. I don't detect any particular smell, and while yes, it does not foam as other products, it does a good job of cleaning my face. I use it twice a day with my little $3 face brush: a night, after removing my MU with my DHC oil cleanser - it's no good pretending that soap or cleansers alone remove all MU; they don't, and all you get is badly cleansed skin that eventually breaks out - and in the morning, in the shower. I'm please with this product and I would recommend it especially for mature women, like me, who still break out and can't use harsh acne products.