March 1, 2015 | 1056 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

My skin was no better using the Mario Badescu acne line than it was with Neutrogena, so I went back to Neutrogena which is considerably cheaper. I have combination skin and get adult acne mostly on my chin and occasionally on my nose. I'm now going to try the Solvere line which gets rave reviews....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First purchased with the MB acne kit and when i ran i out, i had already made sure i had a 6 oz. bottle. This has been great for my sensitive skin. Smells good and not caustic: mild, and quite worth the money IMO. My only con is the packaging; with it being held in a clear plastic bottle, one cannot leave it in a warm place. Makes me wonder if it is BPA free?... don't let that deter you from purchasing. It's deep cleansing without drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by irf7

I actually really liked this cleanser. I got it for free with a purchase, but I was hesitant to use it as I find gels and foaming cleansers, really stripping and actually cause more breakouts. I used this for a few weeks, and it was actually quite good.

It did control my breakouts so I might buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by WeakAdrenaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was looking for a cleanser that had anti bacterial properties, because my pimples and acne pimples just weren't going away unless I slathered benzac on them every night O_O

I started using this, and I have noticed a reduction in the number of acne pimples I get. I was using it every day for the first few weeks, and I find that a little bit goes a long way. Currently, I use it every other night either with an exfoliation pad or my clarisonic.

I don't find the smell to be bad at all, it just smells clean to me, like I know using this is doing what it's supposed to do, and I dig that!

Great product, I'll definitely keep using it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product as good, meaning effective enough for for daily use/maintenance, for MILD acne-prone skin. As expected, it comes with an alcohol-like smell but it lathers on easily and cleanses well. I use this once to twice a day and it doesn't dry the skin. Pretty pricey for a simple, but I think it's worth it for both preventive and therapeutic purposes for those prone to have MILD acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

I am actually using a sample that I received from Nordstrom and think that it is a really great product. I only use it once a day (during my nighttime regime) and use another cleanser for my mornings. It takes off your makeup and is non foaming (which through me off because I'm so used to seeing some bubbles like washing my face but apparently seeing these doesn't necessarily mean its cleansing the skin anyway) and I then follow it up with the Special Glycolic Cleansing Lotion, and so far my skin has been transformed! I have been going through a crazy time of STRESS STRESS STRESS and my skin has shown it. Thankfully I found Mario's products and am currently using this along with the toner, his body wash, special cleansing lotion o and am very happy with my results. Within the first 2 weeks, I must admit that it looked like it may have been getting worse, but I'm on my 3rd week and have seen drastic results on getting clearer skin and being back to its norm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this to help with acne. My skin is very sensitive and lately I`ve been having more breakouts (possibly diet problems, haha). The first couple of times it helped, made my pores smaller, cleaner. BUT than my face got really red... My friend had SEVERE acne and this cleanser cleaned her face so nicely that now she has 0% acne!!! So yes, it does work, it is really not that expensive, a bottle will last a long time. Smell is more like medical smell, but that is ok. Works very well. The only thing if you are like me, and your skin is sensitive, you can`t use this every day, maybe 1x 2x a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ivy25

I have combination-oily dehydrated and acne-prone skin, and i had heard people rave about this produst so i purchased it. It has a nice scent to it, smells clean and fresh. It's not a foaming cleanser, but I personally don't mind that. However, it made my skin feel kind of thight, and it didn't do anything for my skin, espeacilly not my acne. I think this would be better to someone who has oliy skin, without to much acne. I will not purchase this item again, money wasted unfortnately...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ew. Caused cystic acne. I am not a happy girl right now. Maybe this is MB's way of forcing me to use the buffering lotion? LOL. Ok, its not funny. :-/
I thought that I could use this product to battle occasional breakouts. Wrong.
Also, this does not remove makeup very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by rmorrow

This stuff broke me out like no other!! At first I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I was inundated with cysts and whiteheads worse than I've had in years. I really didn't think a cleanser could do this sort of damage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No