Nivea Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme

4.4

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Stearic Acid, Petrolatum, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Dimethicone, Jojoba Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Poly glyceryl 2 Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

on 2/12/2015 8:20:00 PM

Nivea Soft Creme saved my skin! In the warm summer I bearly ever get pimples. However where I live it gets very cold and dry in the winter, and this causes my skin to break out. This winter I have been suffering with blackheads on my chin and between my eyes for a few months, and well I'm a picker! So after a few picking sessions they got inflamed and so much worse. Well after I was able to distract all the icky stuff from each pimple I would let them dry out for while and then I would slick a layer of Nivea Soft Creme on the spot. Well after 2 days of doing this my skin got so much better! Pretty much completely healed! I have now been using Nivea Soft as my daily mostiurizer and my skin in clear and glowing. I don't think I will ever stop using this product!

on 1/20/2015 4:11:00 AM

After buying and trying so many moisturizers, I found that this one worked best for me. I am normally super-oily with enlarged pores and I had a case of hormonal acne about 6 months ago. Went to see a dermatologist who put me on retinol but I got VRRY dry from it and my face was in pain from the stinging and dryness. This is the only moisturizer that brought comfort to my skin and kept it moisturized. I thought the Mineral oil was going to affect my skin by clogging pores but I was quite lucky because it didn't. I buy this in the mini $0.99 tubs because I use so little at a time.

on 1/16/2015 10:10:00 PM

Thank God I didn't use this on my face!!!! (which was the reason for the purchase). I picked up the little tub in Walgreens this evening after reading all the great reviews. I noticed that it did have the same "Nivea smell" as the blue tub. I was not fond of that fragrance and eventually threw it out. Too greasy as well

Well good thing I only put a bit of it on the top of my hand to try out. A minute later, it began to burn and sting something awful! Just as a test, I put a tiny bit on my other hand. I had the same reaction, BURNING AND STINGING like crazy!!! I noticed that someone else also reported burning and itching. Too bad she used it on her face.

I immediately washed my hands two times to make sure I got it all off. THIS GOES RIGHT IN THE GARBAGE!

on 12/10/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin during winter and oily acne prone skin during summer. I have been using nivea on and off to help with my dry patches ever since I was a child. I love the moisturising effects of this cream although, looking at the ingredients, i felt i had no other choice then to give this review 3 lippies. I have heard a lot of bad press on mineral oil and the other synthetic ingredients found in nivea, so I am a bit sceptical. In my opinion, this is a good moisturiser for anyone who is not concerned with synthetic ingredients. If this product was all natural or at least 70% natural or over, i would definitely rate it a 4-5 lippies. Unfortunately, I am still on the look out for my HG moisturiser! Grrr

on 12/7/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm in the market for a simple
face cream. Nivea cream (both Mexican and German made) in the blue jar was too heavy, & just left a greasy film on my skin without ever sinking in, so I decided to give Nivea soft a whirl after reading so many great reviews.

This moisturizer reminds me of cold cream. Feels great when applying, sort of cool and refreshing. This cream was really moisturizing the first three days of use but I started to notice that I constantly had a stinging sensation in my eye every time I used this. Not sure what causes this but be careful using this around the eyes. Maybe I'm just sensitive but this is definitely not suitable as an eye cream for me.

I've never experienced this burning with other creams. Go figure. I also noticed that after a few days, my skin was greasy feeling but not moisturized, even after exfoliating. For me thats a sure sign that this cream isn't absorbing into my skin but simply leaving a film on top of it. I'm thinking it's the mineral oil. I had to trash this. Pity. I so badly wanted to like this moisturizer.

on 11/22/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I buy new moisturizers every now and again because, well, I get bored and I like to buy new beauty products, but every time, every. single. time. I come back to this. I have what would be classified as 'bad' skin - acne, scars, oiliness etc. - but every oil-free moisturizer sucked and it wasn't until I realized the oil is NOT the enemy and started branching out of what I was 'supposed' to use as someone with bad skin, that I tried new things and found this, my FAVOURITE FACIAL MOISTURIZER OF ALL TIME. And I'm not saying that after like 3 days of using it - I've gone through about 20 tubs of this stuff so far ( yes TUBS *Gasp!* - things in tubs are cool, people, just wash your damn hands first). I love this stuff so much I feel guilty when I try other things and doubt its awesomeness. I will buy this forever. I love you Nivea Soft, never change.

on 10/18/2014 11:04:00 AM

As someone who hates moisturising and has combination skin, I was curious to try this cheap and affordable moisturiser - especially as it now comes without nasty parabens. I have been using the tube/lotion for the past month and can honestly say the difference this makes is incredible. It is light, easily absorbed and leaves the skin feeling soft and plump - all for a fraction of the price! Will definitely repurchase as it did not break me out either.

on 9/22/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have just finished using a very expensive face cream, which was okay, but I have decided at my advanced age(!!) that I am going to rein in my expectations on what face creams can do. So I have gone from stupidly expensive (85 pounds) to this cream which cost me 4 pounds for a massive 200ml tub which can be used on face, hand and body. I have been using Soft for 2 weeks on my face and I love it. I have sensitive skin and there was a slight stinging on application during the first few applications but that has now settled down. I now have very soft even toned skin. The aroma is a clean one which fades quickly. My skin feels well cared for and at the rate I am going, this cream will last me a long time as I only use a thin layer. Great to apply make up on top of if you use sparingly. I am going to buy a separate larger tub to use on body. I am hoping for the same results as my face, cared for skin at an economical price. I hope to use this cream throughout the autumn and winter months. If I feel I need a bit more moisture on my face ( which I think is unlikely) I will add a few drops of face oil. And if I grow a beard (see review below which says it made their hair on their legs grow faster) I will update! UPDATE - upgraded from 4 to 5 stars. I really like this cream. I now use on face and body. I have a small tub for face and the largest tub for body use. Always on offer somewhere. My skin on my body can be on the dry side. I was not expecting this to be quite so moisturising for the body but it is. The annoying red bumps on top of arms are much improved. It is mega cheap and very effective. You can buy a small tube if you want to travel or are bothered by face creams in a tub. Oh, I almost forgot. I have not grown a beard!

on 8/13/2014 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this as my go to cream for dry patches e.g. elbows and heels. It goes on really well, nourishing and moisturizing. It's not sticky and absorbs quickly. Smells clean, as with the other Nivea body products. Paired with oily skin and hot humid climate of the tropics however, it's not the best face moisturizer there is. I'm sure this works nicely with drier skin, though.

on 8/9/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros:
Cheap(I got a 200ml tub for 3)
Absorbs quickly
Doesn't feel greasy
Give a lot of moisture
Skin looks refreshed

Cons:
It makes my skin look a little shiny, but nothing a little bit of powder can't fix.