November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jenny4m

Aboslutely love the smell. The cream is very thick and when I apply the cream, it makes my skin so silky smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Nat52593

I've heard many great things about the body shops body butters the almond one in particular is very nice the scent is very nice and not over powering it sinks into the skin rather quickly ..(at least quicker then the coconut one) it brings a lot of product and it's only 19$ the body shop always has a whole bunch of deals! which i love i wish it had a sweeter smell though if you stack it on though it will feel rather sticky/ Greasey but ... that's just common sense

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Darn! I just looked up the ingredient list in order to write this review. And it has parabens. Granted, I didn't do very well in o-chem, and I don't know exactly why parabens are now kind of controversial. Still, I have a family history of ovarian cancer, and although our exposure to a variety of technically-carcinogenic compounds is so high/ubiquitous these days, I think I'll probably NOT buy this again.

DARN. Because I really like it.

Thanks to a Groupon, I got a 2-for-1 deal; otherwise, I probably would have balked at making a Body Shop item part of my regular personal care regimen.

Lately, I've been weaning myself off Elizabeth Arden Green Tea- scented body lotion, and casting about for a replacement. I settled on almond, after conducting a long sniff-test on all the body butters at the local Body Shop.

I like this product because a little goes a long way, and the sweet almond scent stays for hours. It gives me a luxurious feeling as I massage it into my hands.

See, I recently married, and have found to my dismay that my new husband has lower standards of cleanliness than I do. So, while I try out different cajoling/nagging techniques, in the short-term I find myself doing much more cleaning than I'm used to- particularly in the kitchen. And I rarely bother with wearing gloves. So, yeah, I know I'm kind of damaging my hands.

But: I have this jar of almond body butter! Until it finishes, and then I have to look for something else, paraben-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is the BEST body butter at The Body Shop. Hands down. The smell is absolutely amazing, and it makes your skin so soft. I get compliments all day long on how good I smell.
Just the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by dainty77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. It smells so divine and leaves my skin really moisturized and soft.

GET IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by SillyStringz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the smell of this, but it just doesn't cut it.

I thought it was neat how it was thicker than most creams, and it spread fairly easily. However, it leaves a weird stickyness to your body and doesn't sink in very well. Unfortunately, I have a lot left over. I found that if you put it on before bed, you wake up feeling super soft. Other than that, I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have got a couple of these as I liked the concept and the smell.

Unfortunately they have no moisturising effect whatsoever.
The body butter just sits on you skin like grease and doesn't sink in. I have used it for a couple of weeks with no effect on my skin whatsoever.

I am very disappointed with this product and would recommend it to nobody. Don't waste your money.

Since the Body Shop has been sold to L'oreal the quality of their products has steadily gone down.

Plus they now test on animals via L'oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rosielle91

I love the sweet light scent of this body butter! it sits both summer or winter times! I love massaging this on my body combined with body oil, it is amazing! It is also good just alone. The texture is nice, thick and creamy. It's a perfect daily moisturiser after a shower when going to bed in the evening. Id recommend it to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes very well without leaving a sticky feeling plus i totally love the smell. I recommend you to buy one during the sales, otherwise it's a bit expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, this is a good moisturizer BUT it does feel a little sticky. So I only apply this before bed. Smells like almond paste dessert.... Yummmm