July 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer - Guava

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick! It is that perfect, frosted, over-the-top Barbie stripper pink. This is definitely not for the faint of heart, nor is it for everyone's skin tones, I think this works better with cooler/neutral skin tones. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Sunny0396

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Guava for around $6.99 CAD at my local drugstore. The packaging isn't the greatest because the lip gloss (which is in stick form) tends to get stuck inside sometimes. This product comes out as a pretty pink.

It gives your lips a little bit of a tingle which I really liked, because it not only gives your lips some flair but also moisturizes.

However...
This colour wasn't right for my skin tone and washed me out. Such a shame, because it is really a beautiful shade! Another complaint I had was about the shimmer. It was really nice, but it was a little too much. The shimmer smudged, smeared, and spread way too easily and I was scared my face would look like a disco ball after a few hours.

I will not be repurchasing this item because of the colour and also because it is too expensive for a product that has too much shimmer for my taste.

Bottom line...
Very pretty colour and shimmer, just make sure you pick the right shade for you and don't mind shimmer.

Hope I helped! xo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these lip shimmers, but hate this color. Way too pale and shimmery. Really washed me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by llama2223

Although I love the tingly peppermint felling of this product and the moisturizing capabiblities, the color is horrible! It is waaay to shimmery- it makes me feel like a kid playing dressup. This would be a great product if only it were matte! I would be willing to try other colors, because the consitency and tingly feeling are still nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by blooicee

While I do like the color (a light to medium, slightly blue based pink), I absolutely hate the glitter. It's a silver glitter that's gritty and just gets messy on the lips. This color also doesn't have the nice, moisturizing, smoothness of other BB lip shimmers. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I happen to love this color and the shimmer/frost it has. I love that Burt's Bees makes these light shimmery shades - this one is a frosty very cool toned pink, which I know is a hard color for a lot of people to wear but I really like it. Since I dont really like any of Burt's Bees darker, more pigmented glosses I stick to this one or Champagne which are both lighter frosty colors. I dont really enjoy the mint scent/flavour but I can tolerate it because I love the way I can throw these colors on everyday and they just work.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by TaffyCheeks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product because I had very dry lips on a trip, and my usual SoftLips was no where to be seen. I wanted the skinny tube, but all other lipbalm products had fat tubes. I wasn't keen on getting a tinted balm, but I needed moisture so I preceded ahead. It cost $5.00USD, which is more than a regular SoftLips in Canada.

Very pigmented, but way too sparkly for me. It was a bit of a lavender-pink, and with the sparkles, looked overly 80's or something. Very long lasting, and it goes on smooth. The moisture is nice though -- If only the original non-tinted balm came in the skinny tube!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

eh... it's a nice color but it has too much shimmer. nice idea but it didnt quite follow through because it looks like very immature with the amount of shimmer it had.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by flirty

Very cool-toned light lilac-pink color with tons of shimmer. In other words, looks horrible on me. This is frosty beyond belief. Love the minty tingle, but can't stand the color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite colors of Lip Shimmer that Burt's Bees makes. It goes on me with a light lavender shimmer. I have pigmented lips so it doesn't really show up that much. I like the consistency, it's very smooth and moisturizing. I like how I can wear it to bed and not feel 'naked' on my face. Very pretty for spring. Pepperminty and tingly on the lips. I like the slim tube. Very nice product and pretty color!