Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.8

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 2/21/2013 7:10:00 PM

this soap was really drying and left my skin tacky and itchy and stung my eyes when i washed my face with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My skin has been so pretty and happy since I stopped torturing it with chemicals. This is my everyday soap in the shower, and one of the only ones I've ever tried that doesn't make my skin feel dry and tight. I really like it. The bar can get a little melty if left around wet (which is gross anyway), so I keep it outside the shower and let it dry on a spiky plastic soap dish. I've used this for almost two years now. I cut the big bars into halves or quarters to make them easier to handle. Would recommend to anyone.

EDIT: May 2014

Ok, so I used this for three years and unfortunately am dropping the rating. My skin has gotten increasingly tight-feeling and flaky over the last year or so, and after lots of research, I'm pretty sure it's the soap causing it. It has a pH level of 9 (I emailed the company to ask), which is way, way too alkaline to be used on the face. (Google the term "acid mantle" in conjunction with the words "bar soap").

I'm bummed because I loved how natural it was, but I've been getting a new kind of acne lately - lots of tiny clogged pores that aren't triggered by anything dietary. Adding a moisturizer helps, but doesn't totally eliminate them, which is why I think pH levels and moisture in the skin have something to do with it. I'm in the process of looking for a good, mild, non-soap cleanser. I guess I'll use what's left of this to shave my legs. I still love this brand, and this soap and I had a good run, but I'm just too dry now to keep pushing through it.

on 2/17/2013 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is my everyday soap, I love the minimal ingredients and the fact that it's easy to find in stores. It really helps the clogged pores on my chest, and doesn't break me out.

on 12/30/2012 9:42:00 PM

It's a decent product, it smells good, it works, but the bar gets melty after a few days, not sure why, but it works and it's natural/not tested on animals.

on 12/12/2012 12:56:00 PM

This soap gave me a severe allergic reaction, and I've never had a reaction to any soap/lotion/perfume/jewelry ever. I came from a family that always bought the cheap stuff, or what was on sale, and nothing ever did this to me. It resulted in itchy, painful, burning dermatitis all over my body. I was in denial that it was the soap, since it claims to be "natural," but after ruling everything else out, I stopped using the soap, and the rashes stopped. I googled it, and many others had the same reaction. It may be a chemical process used to extract the oil from the olives, but whatever it is, I'm staying away from this brand!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this soap bar for a couple of months, but made my skin real dry and flaky. Also the smell was awful! and it is not 100% natural! Almost 7 months ago I bought an organic handmade miracle bar soap at the spanish olive shop. I fall in love with it since the first use! I use it every morning to wash my face and at niht to remove the make up and clean my skin, also as a body wash. My skin seems even younger and without a doubt visibly fresher! 100% recommended girls!
Here is the link:
www.thespanisholiveshop.co.uk
Xoxo

on 10/17/2012 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just finished this bar of soap. I got this bar of soap from a market research company. I was hesitant to use it at first because I have been anti-bar soap for pretty much my entire life.
I started out trying it on my hands when I washed them. It definitely felt different than hand soap like a layer of something over them? filmy? While I did think it was a new odd feeling that I was not used to, it did not dry out my hands one bit. I also liked that there was not a long list of ingredients and that it was not minty or stinky. This says fragrance free but it has a slight smell that I liked.
I moved on to using this in the shower, and It worked just fine for body. Again, this feels much different that using body wash. It leaves a slimy? Idk if it was even slimy ? feeling on my skin. I guess the best way to describe it is that I could not rub my hand smoothly against my skin like body wash. I did not have any reactions and it did not dry out my skin, lotion went on top just fine, I was cleaned. There was barely any lather when used alone but I used the bar with exfoliating bath gloves and it worked up a lather on the gloves.
While I am not super amazed and going to tell everyone to go out and buy this, I am also not disappointed either. This is coming from a former bar soap hater and I actually didn't hate this! I actually finished the entire soap bar. I feel pretty neutral about it which most reviews are either love/hate, this is neither. . not sure what else to say about this :p

on 8/16/2012 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This soap is perfection. You can use it on your face, your body, even your hair. My skin is super sensitive and has been SO much happier since I dropped the harsh cleansers, toners and treatments. This soap is all natural, has only three ingredients, isn't unreasonably priced and fairly easy to get ahold of. It also leaves my skin soft, not tight and dry like chemical soaps.

It will melt if you let it stay wet all the time. I keep it outside my shower on a spiky soap dish to let it dry, and have a covered soap dish for traveling. Also, I buy the big bars and cut them into quarters so product isn't sitting out wet for too long. A quarter bar lasts me a couple of months - I bought a box of this soap in bulk, have had it over a year and have only used a few bars of it. It's more than paid for itself already.

on 7/8/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I always come back to this soap to use on my body. I wanted a no-frills, fragrance-free product that would clean my skin but also not strip it of moisture. It doesn't come in a beautiful bottle, turns into mush quite easily, nor does it smell great, but it gets the job done for a very low price and my skin is pretty darn happy at the moment!

on 2/19/2012 5:48:00 PM

I'm not really a bar soap type person, but my parents love this! The bar is large sized and lasts a long while. Unlike the majority of soaps at the supermarket it's not tested on animals and does not contain petrochemicals!

Popular Gels/Soaps