October 23, 2014 | 1116 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Galatee Confort

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by jayescott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite cleanser, and I've been using it on and off for many years. I say "on and off" because I have tried many other cleansers, but I always come back to this one. It takes off my makeup and cleans my face without leaving me feeling dry and it has never irritated my skin. This is a good cleanser for all skin types, but I think it is especially good for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup remover. It leaves my skin feeling very soft, dissolves makeup efficiently, and doesn't run everywhere. Will rebuy when there's a discount available as it's also the most expensive makeup remover I use. Normally, I'll simply use jojoba oil and Caudalie cleansing water. Galatee is more of a treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

It's really quite expensive, but it doubles as a makeup remover. It's incredible at removing makeup, especially stubborn eye makeup, such as waterproof eyeliner (MAC eyeliner that is next to impossible to remove!) and mascara. Just a small drop gets all my eye makeup off. I just rub it over my eyes and then wipe it off with a tissue. I don't use it as a facial cleanser so it's going to last me a long time. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser was such a disappointment! My skin is fairly normal and balanced, but in the winter I am prone to some dryness and flakiness. The lady at the Lancome counter was very generous with samples and I'm fortunate that I didn't actually purchase this outright.

The product itself is definitely milky and creamy. It has a light scent, but it's not bothersome. It doesn't really foam and to its credit, it does a nice job removing make-up, even eye make-up. The problem was that it made my skin break out and not just a little bit! I have some angry pimples around my mouth and cheeks that started two days after using this. I thought it might just be a coincidence, but after a week of use those pimples are worse and I have hard bumps forming under my skin near my forehead! (It feels like small frozen peas under my skin-I think this may be cystic acne-not sure.) The only thing I changed was my cleanser and I am not prone to reactions like this. What's worse is that with my skin being so fair, the hyper-pigmentation from these pimples is sure to last a long, long time.

I'm looking at the reviews here and a lot of people seem to like this product. Maybe this is meant for people with extremely dry skin. The lady at Lancome assured me this would be suitable for my skin type. The only good thing I can say is that since I've switched back to my old cleanser, my skin is clearing up and the bumps are going away. Overall, this was a disaster and I would suggest getting a sample before purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just got this in a value set with the Tonique Confort and I am liking it a lot so far! I do not use it to remove eye makeup as I am just too sensitive for cream removers around my eyes. Even Clinique's take the day off Balm did not work for me- I'll stick with Lancome's Effacil eye make-up remover that I have used off and on for 30 years. I have ordered Lancome's Eau Fraîche Douceur and I am looking forward to trying that as it does claim to be ok for sensitive skin and I'll see how I like it for a makeup and eye remover.
But back to Galatee! I am a big believer of double cleaning if you wear any makeup and I always double cleanse in the evening. Starting with one or two pumps of Galatee (depending on how much foundation and concealer I used that day) I apply it to damp skin, massage it around, then remove with a warm damp washcloth. I could also tissue it off or use a cotton pad, but the washcloth is more efficient and less costly and helps to gently remove flaky skin ;-) I then follow up with another single pump of Galatee,massage lightly, then rinse, rinse, rinse off and gently pat dry my face. In the morning it is one pump of Galatee removed with a damp washcloth and I am good to go!
I find this cleanser very gentle, does not dry me out or make my skin uncomfortable after cleansing. $30 for 6.8oz US is fairly reasonable for a HE cleanser and considering how little I use, I consider it a decent value for the money. Some might find Galatee too greasy, mostly because of the mineral oil and other emollient ingredients. I would think oily skin would stay away unless they use a strong toner afterward or need a very gentle cleanser because of sensitivity.
I was surprised with the consistency of this cleanser as I don't consider it a "milk" at all. It is more like a thin lotion that I would compare to Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Lotion, except for the fragrance of course. I am actually tempted to try the Eucerin as a cleanser after using Galatee and see how the two compare. I would expect the Eucerin to be more greasy, but that is not a particular problem for my skin.
Overall a good cleanser for my dry, sensitive and maturing skin. Works great as a (face) makeup remover too if you remove it with tissue or a damp washcloth.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

A decent cleanser. It cleans alright, however I dislike how it felt on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by emilia0210

This is an amazing cleanser. I usually cleanse my face with another cleanser first and use this afterwards and my face feels like silk. I have struggled with dry flaky skin for as long as I can remember and this has helped my skin so much. I have been using it with the Lancome Tonique Confort as well and I really think it has cleared up my skin. I have very sensitive skin and usually will break out or get red with a lot of skin products. I have been using this for over a week and so far no redness or breakouts! I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by jod84

thank god i didn't buy this stuff and the nice lady at the counter gave me a tester to try first. this is just awful i used it to clean my makeup off last night and after useing this my face still didn't feel clean so i washed my face in my normal face wash (l'oreal perfect clean) just to find lot's of foundation on the scrublet. i find it sad that a 5 pound face wash does a much better job then a high end product. it just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The more I become familiar with Lancome products, the more I like them. This is one of those products, though, that does the job, but I still feel I can find a drugstore item that can do the same thing.
First of all, I remove my makeup with either Albolene or Crisco--both are great to melt the makeup off and leave my skin soft. I rinse and rinse and rinse, but I do like to follow up with a cleanser that won't dry out my skin. This does the job. One pump is really sufficient. I just lightly massage into my skin and rinse some more.
You get a lot of product for your money with this. Note: It is NOT a makeup remover. I think it does a fine job cleansing after removing makeup because it leaves skin nice and soft and hydrated.
I will purchase this again, but I still feel that I can get the same sort of cleanser at a lesser price if I search and search--but I'm lazy.
Not an HG, but it is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by sunnyraingene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser on and off for about 4 years now and I've got nothing bad to say about this product except the price. I bought a couple of large-sized bottles for a lower price at one of the outlet stores in Ohio when I happened to be there. My cousin introduced me to this cleanser and I love the smell and how it keeps my skin feeling soft and moisturised after cleansing. I usually use two pumps for this product for my face and neck and a little goes a long way. I noticed that a lot of reviewers gave a couple of lippies less because it doesn't thoroughly remove their makeup. Well, this is NOT a makeup remover. I use a makeup remover, and use this cleanser to remove the remaining traces of makeup and makeup remover before continuing to my usual skincare regime. I might buy this product again but if I come across any cheaper alternatives for my sensitive skin, I'll definitely give the new cleanser a chance. But I strongly recommend this cleanser :D