Lancome Galatee Confort

Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil, Isopropyl myristate, Propylene glycol, Zea mays/ corn germ oil, Lecithin, Cyclodextrin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Wheat germ clycerides, Faex/yeast extract, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Mel/honey, Polysorbate 20, Limonene, Mannitol, Linalool, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Chondrus crispus (carrageenan), Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Carbomer, Geraniol, Disodium cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium succinate, Methylparaben, Citronellol, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Butylparaben, Coumarin, Prunus dulcis/sweet almond protein, Hexamidine disethionate, Hexyl cinnamal, Glycerin, Parfum

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For a giant Lancome product, I don't find it that expensive! Anyways, I really find the scent and texture to be like a dream! It leaves my face so silky soft! And the best part is, it clears my face!!!

on 4/25/2012 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is my favorite cleanser, and I've been using it on and off for many years. I say "on and off" because I have tried many other cleansers, but I always come back to this one. It takes off my makeup and cleans my face without leaving me feeling dry and it has never irritated my skin. This is a good cleanser for all skin types, but I think it is especially good for dry skin.

on 4/14/2012 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this makeup remover. It leaves my skin feeling very soft, dissolves makeup efficiently, and doesn't run everywhere. Will rebuy when there's a discount available as it's also the most expensive makeup remover I use. Normally, I'll simply use jojoba oil and Caudalie cleansing water. Galatee is more of a treat.

It's really quite expensive, but it doubles as a makeup remover. It's incredible at removing makeup, especially stubborn eye makeup, such as waterproof eyeliner (MAC eyeliner that is next to impossible to remove!) and mascara. Just a small drop gets all my eye makeup off. I just rub it over my eyes and then wipe it off with a tissue. I don't use it as a facial cleanser so it's going to last me a long time. Love it!

on 1/25/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This cleanser was such a disappointment! My skin is fairly normal and balanced, but in the winter I am prone to some dryness and flakiness. The lady at the Lancome counter was very generous with samples and I'm fortunate that I didn't actually purchase this outright.

The product itself is definitely milky and creamy. It has a light scent, but it's not bothersome. It doesn't really foam and to its credit, it does a nice job removing make-up, even eye make-up. The problem was that it made my skin break out and not just a little bit! I have some angry pimples around my mouth and cheeks that started two days after using this. I thought it might just be a coincidence, but after a week of use those pimples are worse and I have hard bumps forming under my skin near my forehead! (It feels like small frozen peas under my skin-I think this may be cystic acne-not sure.) The only thing I changed was my cleanser and I am not prone to reactions like this. What's worse is that with my skin being so fair, the hyper-pigmentation from these pimples is sure to last a long, long time.

I'm looking at the reviews here and a lot of people seem to like this product. Maybe this is meant for people with extremely dry skin. The lady at Lancome assured me this would be suitable for my skin type. The only good thing I can say is that since I've switched back to my old cleanser, my skin is clearing up and the bumps are going away. Overall, this was a disaster and I would suggest getting a sample before purchasing.

on 1/7/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Just got this in a value set with the Tonique Confort and I am liking it a lot so far! I do not use it to remove eye makeup as I am just too sensitive for cream removers around my eyes. Even Clinique's take the day off Balm did not work for me- I'll stick with Lancome's Effacil eye make-up remover that I have used off and on for 30 years. I have ordered Lancome's Eau Fraīche Douceur and I am looking forward to trying that as it does claim to be ok for sensitive skin and I'll see how I like it for a makeup and eye remover.
But back to Galatee! I am a big believer of double cleaning if you wear any makeup and I always double cleanse in the evening. Starting with one or two pumps of Galatee (depending on how much foundation and concealer I used that day) I apply it to damp skin, massage it around, then remove with a warm damp washcloth. I could also tissue it off or use a cotton pad, but the washcloth is more efficient and less costly and helps to gently remove flaky skin ;-) I then follow up with another single pump of Galatee,massage lightly, then rinse, rinse, rinse off and gently pat dry my face. In the morning it is one pump of Galatee removed with a damp washcloth and I am good to go!
I find this cleanser very gentle, does not dry me out or make my skin uncomfortable after cleansing. $30 for 6.8oz US is fairly reasonable for a HE cleanser and considering how little I use, I consider it a decent value for the money. Some might find Galatee too greasy, mostly because of the mineral oil and other emollient ingredients. I would think oily skin would stay away unless they use a strong toner afterward or need a very gentle cleanser because of sensitivity.
I was surprised with the consistency of this cleanser as I don't consider it a "milk" at all. It is more like a thin lotion that I would compare to Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Lotion, except for the fragrance of course. I am actually tempted to try the Eucerin as a cleanser after using Galatee and see how the two compare. I would expect the Eucerin to be more greasy, but that is not a particular problem for my skin.
Overall a good cleanser for my dry, sensitive and maturing skin. Works great as a (face) makeup remover too if you remove it with tissue or a damp washcloth.

on 11/26/2011 3:20:00 PM

A decent cleanser. It cleans alright, however I dislike how it felt on my skin.

on 8/12/2011 2:19:00 PM

This is an amazing cleanser. I usually cleanse my face with another cleanser first and use this afterwards and my face feels like silk. I have struggled with dry flaky skin for as long as I can remember and this has helped my skin so much. I have been using it with the Lancome Tonique Confort as well and I really think it has cleared up my skin. I have very sensitive skin and usually will break out or get red with a lot of skin products. I have been using this for over a week and so far no redness or breakouts! I love it!

on 7/17/2011 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

thank god i didn't buy this stuff and the nice lady at the counter gave me a tester to try first. this is just awful i used it to clean my makeup off last night and after useing this my face still didn't feel clean so i washed my face in my normal face wash (l'oreal perfect clean) just to find lot's of foundation on the scrublet. i find it sad that a 5 pound face wash does a much better job then a high end product. it just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for!!

on 6/1/2011 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The more I become familiar with Lancome products, the more I like them. This is one of those products, though, that does the job, but I still feel I can find a drugstore item that can do the same thing.
First of all, I remove my makeup with either Albolene or Crisco--both are great to melt the makeup off and leave my skin soft. I rinse and rinse and rinse, but I do like to follow up with a cleanser that won't dry out my skin. This does the job. One pump is really sufficient. I just lightly massage into my skin and rinse some more.
You get a lot of product for your money with this. Note: It is NOT a makeup remover. I think it does a fine job cleansing after removing makeup because it leaves skin nice and soft and hydrated.
I will purchase this again, but I still feel that I can get the same sort of cleanser at a lesser price if I search and search--but I'm lazy.
Not an HG, but it is very good.