August 21, 2014 | 1825 users online

Skincare - Body - NARS - Monoi Body Glow II

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by iJulianne

The oil is absorbs quickly and easily into the skin. It is lightweight and moisturizing—perfect for summer or hot climates. The bronzing effect is gorgeous even on pale tan-free skin. I use a small amount (about the size of a quarter for each of my lower and upper legs) and I find that it gives me a beautiful sun-kissed glow taking away my blinding whiteness. Because of the nature of this product, you can build more colour through either additional applications.

The product has a pleasing, although somewhat strong, scent. While I personally like the scent, at times it can be strong and can compete with my perfume. I would have preferred a milder scent or no scent. The one real negative about this product is the packaging. The product is to be poured out which I find can be difficult to control the amount coming out and messy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Yes it's like Monoi de Tahiti and it's virtually the same product ...but you know what ..having used both - I actually prefer the Nars...it's a little more refined and I did find it easier to use. The oil does not solidify as quickly as the Monoi de Tahiti does,though Nars does warn you that it will solidify when cool.
The scent is pretty gorgeous - creamy coconut and tahitian gardenia Subtle but envelopes you. I found it quite long lasting for a scent in a body oil.
It does moisturise, the oil sinks in and makes you feel comfortable in your own skin too.
I am a firm fan. Get some. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by 313h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product but buy it at tjmaxx or marshalls, where they range from $3 for an in individual body glow to $7-$20 for the set it depends on your location

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeups

Wow!! I got this as a gift for xmas and let me tell you...offically addicted!!! I love it so much. It feels so soft and smooth on your skin and the smell just lingers through out the day. It's AMAZING! I will be re-purchasing this when it's gone. How did I not try this sooner!?? LOVES IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! This is the oil w/o shimmer (that one has mineral oil as the 2nd ingredient btw!) This smells insanely good imo & zero mineral oil if I read the label correctly (was a bit distracted by the smell of this stuff!) I played around w/Urban Rituelle's Frangipani oil (nice but higher pitched & not as warm of a scent) and Lucy B.'s shimmer Monoi oil (pretty nice smell but way too dark for my fair skin). This oil sinks in easily on dry skin, moisturizes & smells, like I said, amazing. There's a warmth to it and a buttery quality. I also smelled some of the other monoi oils this shop carried but didn't try them on-they were cheaper but didn't smell as good from the bottle. This is tropical but I think I could & would definitely wear it year round.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The scent of this is very light and natural. It's a scent I would be comfortable wearing in both summer and winter as it's light but warm at the same time. The oil sunk in very quickly but it doesn't last all day (just a few hours). The smell, before it fades, is amazing and I find myself sniffing my wrist a lot. While it's expensive, I got lucky and found it on sale on Sephora online, and then I added the 20% F&F discount so it was under $30 for this and the Multiple in South Beach so it was definitely worth the price for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Theasylph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

sure it is usually overpriced but I lucked out and found 1 oz of monoi oil and 1 oz of monoi body glow for 20$ as a set at tj maxx. Woohoo for sephora overstock! I've tried other monoi de tahiti oils and they are greasier than this version. The Nars brand really soaks into your skin without being too greasy. Also the quality of the monoi fragrance is better. It's more suble and smells less like a questionale bathroom cleaner. White florals can be over powering and smell old or urine-y if they are too intense. This is the best Monoi body oil I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jenshwa

The smell alone makes me love this product. It is definitely over-priced, but I receive compliments on the scent. It's subtle but really nice. Very exotic... reminds me of a Hawaiian vacation. Very moisturizing. I would buy it again if I was inclined to smell like a vacation - but it's not my all time fave product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Michi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of a kit that included a Multiple, a small bottle of Monoi Body Glow II and a tote. I don't think I would buy this on its own as it's expensive and I'm not really into body oil. I do like the smell and the little gardenia floating in the bottle is cute. I can't say if this give a good glow. I just dab it on my wrist as perfume. If used sparingly, it absorbs into the skin pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a nice product, but I will never IN A MILLION YEARS repurchase this.

Why pay $59 for something you can get elsewhere for $8?

Yup... picked up a bottle of Monoi oil on Amazon for that much. It smells exactly the same!

Granted, the bottle isn't as cute... but who cares.
Jack up the price because it has the NARS name?
That's just silly.