October 31, 2014 | 1471 users online

Polishes - OPI - Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Nixxy78

This is my absolute fave of the OPI DS's! Gorgeous silver holo that goes with everything, has great staying power, and applies like a dream - you can't go wrong with this. MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by leaveherbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this colour! I'm actually not a shimmer nail polish person at all but this one is simply beautiful. I definitely feel the qualify of this nail polish is superior than other series thus justifies the price different, (well somewhat I guess.) With two coats you get this gorgeous silvery/frosty looking colour with lots and lots of beautiful tiny sparkles, and no top coat is needed. I can also see how this colour be used as a top coat to add the extra touch. I will buy another bottle if this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

This color is absolutely gorgeous! I put 2 coats to put a light silver shimmery color on. This color shows no streaks whatsoever..and it's amazing in sunlight. I can't wait to get more from the designer series.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Gosh, this is pretty! A sheer rainbow holographic topcoat that puts such a pretty ethereal glow on any colour. I'm wearing a single coat over OPI's Bubble Bath and it's just so pretty. I can easily see myself trying this over *any* colour as one coat is rather sheer but the holo effect is just mesmerizing. A must have (and worthy of a backup) in my books.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by viktoriamalik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This nail polish is probably one of the nicest on the market. Three coats will give you a gorgeous silver holographic look whereas one coat will add gorgeous holographic sparkles to any nail polish without dramatically changing the colour of it. This product dries to a lovely smooth high gloss finish, unlike a lot of sparkly nail polishes on the market! would definitely buy this again - in fact I've got a back up bottle arriving any day now!! :-) If you only want to buy one colour from the Designer Series then I strongly recommend this one for it's versatility.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by alli884

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great polish to layer over other colors. DS Shimmer doesn't overwhelm the base color but enhances it with a subtle rainbow holo effect. Very versatile and pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2006 12:17:00 PM More reviews by randiu

Shimmer is from OPI's Designer Series, and it's probably the best shade from that collection. It's a sheer, light silver with holographic shimmer. One coat appears clear with holographic shimmer. I didn't do two coats because I was afraid that it would turn too silvery for my neutral-warm skintone, but I actually really liked the looks of one coat. I used to for a french topcoat, and it was gorgeous. This polish is also going to be really useful for layering since I doubt it will change the base colour much. If you only get one DS polish, make it this one!