L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 2/11/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I have used this product everyday, since I got it 3 weeks ago.
So far I really really like it!

My skin has been getting incredible dry and flaky lately, probably due to the cold winter weather. I can't even use my Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation (which is my HG), because it clings to my dry patches so badly. Any liquid do.

I NEVER thought that a powder would be good for dry skin, but I was wrong. This doesn't cling to the dryness, when it's buffed into the skin with a great brush. (I use the buffing brush from Real Techniques. Perfect!)

It adds a medium coverage, while still looking natural! I'm really impressed with this product.

The only downsides I have for this is first of all the packagain. I'm not a fan. Mostly because I hate the brush, and second of all because there comes so much product out the lid thing. It makes it a bit messy.
Also it contains talc, which is known for clogging pores. I have really sensitive and also acne prone skin, but I haven't noticed break outs due to this. I would just prefer it to not be there anyway.

- GREAT PRODUCT! I will recommend to everyone! sensitive, dry, oily, acneprone, combinated or normal. :-)

btw. I don't really understand why so many people are saying that this makes them orange. I'm pale and use W1/golden ivory, which is the lightest shade availible here in Europe. I don't think it's orange in any way.

on 2/2/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for about 6 months now and I must say im pretty impressed. I can use it alone as a buildable foundation, and as a setting powder on top of my liquid foundation. My only complaint is the packaging. It is really annoying. I have to use an old mineral jar to swirl the powder into my brush. Other than that I have not had any breakouts and I have pretty sensitive skin. I would buy this again for sure.

on 1/7/2014 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this for years. It's the only foundation I can find that matches my skin tone perfectly and looks natural. It has a smooth, matte finish. I've realized that it also helps with acne because whenever I don't wear it for a few days, I break out. If I get a bad zit and need a lot of coverage, I will use a small concealer brush and apply it wet. It covers well, lasts all day, and dries up pimples as you wear it.

on 12/22/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was looking for something a bit lighter for summer. Most mineral powder foundations claim to control any excess oil in the hot weather, so I took a guess that this product would too. I was skeptical about the shade range as it didn't go very pale or dark, it stuck mostly to "Tan" or "Yellow" colours/undertones. I've never understood the extensive range of Tan colours, being from England. My mind had already been set after watching a few Youtube videos, and I went for it. In the first hour of wear it looked; perfect, well blended and natural. By the second hour I had uncontrollable excess oil and the product had oxidised. Rather confusing considering I have dry skin. I've tried numerous primers, concealers and brushes to get it right. None so far have worked. It was and still is a complete mess. Maybe this foundation just wasn't made for pale girls in English weather? I'll keep trying with it, but it's definitely soured my only experience with Mineral Powdee foundations. I don't think it's the first resort for people with slight to moderate acne though. Rather overpriced for what it is. There's definitely better things out there for the same or lower price and there's always worse! I hope you have a better experience than me!

on 11/4/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

HG Product!

I was excited to see that they're trying to bring the mineral lines into the department stores. I like this product, although, I'm not completely comfortable with out my liquid foundation as a base first, so right now, I still do a little liquid foundation, and then the bare natural on top which covered me and made me look so natural.

I got a lot of compliments on this product

on 10/23/2013 5:46:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I really wonder how much of it is mineral because it made me break out like mad. Usually, I don't react this way with most mineral products. But then I actually learned that the cosmetic industry is not self regulated, meaning the government let's them put whatever they want in the product even something that reads "mineral" it doesn't mean it's got 100% mineral. (0.1% is still mineral?)

Okay, so I did kind of like this product cause I have fair skin and the color actually made me a bit more golden. But then it doesn't stay on long, maybe only for an hour or so and all of the product just disintegrate.

I'm actually not a huge L'oreal fan only because they do way too many advertisement. It makes me think that the company is spending so much more on ad campaigns than on the actual product. I haven't had much luck with it, but got this on sale so lesson learned. move on.

on 10/14/2013 7:39:00 PM

Covers imperfections very well. It doesn't cause me any breakout and keeps my face shine-free all day! The price is very decent especially if you can get it at a discount at drugstores.

on 8/13/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

While this product isn't life-changing, I always seem to replace it whenever I run out so I have one on hand. I suppose you could say it isn't HG but it's a basic for me - all in all, I've been using it (off and on) for nearly 6 years now with absolutely no problems.

Pros:
- its mineral makeup - so I suppose you could say it's slightly better for your skin?
- my skin is crazy dry and sensitive (and sort of prone to mild acne) and it's never caused any sort of reaction
- surprisingly good coverage for a powder and a little goes a long way (it will even things out but you'll still need concealer to cover any really noticeable marks)
- unless you go crazy with it, it's not cakey or too noticeable
- I can wear it from 7am to 11 at night and it doesn't fade off
- it's always on sale at priceline (if you live in Australia)
- it lasts for monthssssss. so great value for money
- the packaging is handy (a lot of other reviewers seem to dislike the brush but I've never found it to be too rough'

Cons:
- it's a powder so it would work better on oily skin than on dry. (that said, I have really dry skin and it's fine for me in the summer. the only time it's a little bit problematic is in winter when i have dry patches. it's also a lot less drying than other powder foundations so as long as you moisturise beforehand, it's ok)
- the colour range! it's pretty limited and the darkest colour is a bit too light for my milo/caramel coloured skin. not hugely noticeable, but I would definitely appreciate having one that's a few shades darker.
- the lid breaks if you keep it in your bag and you're too rough.

Overall, I would highly recommend it to those with oily/normal skin. For people with dry/sensitive skin like me, it still works but make sure you moisturise like crazy

on 6/12/2013 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A few months ago I bought a Lily Lolo mineral powder and whilst I loved the feel of it, it just didn't look great, made me look rather dull and washed out, so, I was on the look out for an alternative lightweight foundation and stumbled across this. I didn't really intend to get another mineral product, but after wearing a sample for several hours, I really liked it, much more glowy than Lilly Lolo (doubtless due to the massively longer list of ingredients which may be a problem for some people). I bought W3 as W1 was too light and there didn't seem to be a W2. In fact I mix this with the Lilly Lolo to get a range of shades from winter to summer.

on 5/28/2013 11:03:00 PM

I'm really sad about this foundation--I used it years ago with no problems, so I decided to buy it again for summer. I'm not sure if the ingredients changed, but the first day after I wore it, my face was all broken out, which it hasn't been in a long time, so I knew the foundation was the culprit. Also, while I was wearing it, it made my face very oily and I had to keep blotting every hour. The thing I love about this foundation is the medium coverage and the smooth and brightened appearance of my skin after applying it. Too bad my skin doesn't like something in it!