April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I really wonder how much of it is mineral because it made me break out like mad. Usually, I don't react this way with most mineral products. But then I actually learned that the cosmetic industry is not self regulated, meaning the government let's them put whatever they want in the product even something that reads "mineral" it doesn't mean it's got 100% mineral. (0.1% is still mineral?)

Okay, so I did kind of like this product cause I have fair skin and the color actually made me a bit more golden. But then it doesn't stay on long, maybe only for an hour or so and all of the product just disintegrate.

I'm actually not a huge L'oreal fan only because they do way too many advertisement. It makes me think that the company is spending so much more on ad campaigns than on the actual product. I haven't had much luck with it, but got this on sale so lesson learned. move on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by GraceLin80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Covers imperfections very well. It doesn't cause me any breakout and keeps my face shine-free all day! The price is very decent especially if you can get it at a discount at drugstores.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this product isn't life-changing, I always seem to replace it whenever I run out so I have one on hand. I suppose you could say it isn't HG but it's a basic for me - all in all, I've been using it (off and on) for nearly 6 years now with absolutely no problems.

Pros:
- its mineral makeup - so I suppose you could say it's slightly better for your skin?
- my skin is crazy dry and sensitive (and sort of prone to mild acne) and it's never caused any sort of reaction
- surprisingly good coverage for a powder and a little goes a long way (it will even things out but you'll still need concealer to cover any really noticeable marks)
- unless you go crazy with it, it's not cakey or too noticeable
- I can wear it from 7am to 11 at night and it doesn't fade off
- it's always on sale at priceline (if you live in Australia)
- it lasts for monthssssss. so great value for money
- the packaging is handy (a lot of other reviewers seem to dislike the brush but I've never found it to be too rough'

Cons:
- it's a powder so it would work better on oily skin than on dry. (that said, I have really dry skin and it's fine for me in the summer. the only time it's a little bit problematic is in winter when i have dry patches. it's also a lot less drying than other powder foundations so as long as you moisturise beforehand, it's ok)
- the colour range! it's pretty limited and the darkest colour is a bit too light for my milo/caramel coloured skin. not hugely noticeable, but I would definitely appreciate having one that's a few shades darker.
- the lid breaks if you keep it in your bag and you're too rough.

Overall, I would highly recommend it to those with oily/normal skin. For people with dry/sensitive skin like me, it still works but make sure you moisturise like crazy

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A few months ago I bought a Lily Lolo mineral powder and whilst I loved the feel of it, it just didn't look great, made me look rather dull and washed out, so, I was on the look out for an alternative lightweight foundation and stumbled across this. I didn't really intend to get another mineral product, but after wearing a sample for several hours, I really liked it, much more glowy than Lilly Lolo (doubtless due to the massively longer list of ingredients which may be a problem for some people). I bought W3 as W1 was too light and there didn't seem to be a W2. In fact I mix this with the Lilly Lolo to get a range of shades from winter to summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by fuchsiaheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really sad about this foundation--I used it years ago with no problems, so I decided to buy it again for summer. I'm not sure if the ingredients changed, but the first day after I wore it, my face was all broken out, which it hasn't been in a long time, so I knew the foundation was the culprit. Also, while I was wearing it, it made my face very oily and I had to keep blotting every hour. The thing I love about this foundation is the medium coverage and the smooth and brightened appearance of my skin after applying it. Too bad my skin doesn't like something in it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

This is my go-to foundation. I have oily and sensitive skin. I do need to do a touch up midday but only in my Tzone. Great coverage. Not a bad price, especially when it is on sale. The only foundation I have found that works for me. I use the brush to put small/light spots all around my face then blend it out.

** Update. I put the Garnier BB cream for combo/oily skin on with my finger and make sure that it is buffed in very well. Then apply this mineral powder very lightly. It looks lovely. I have oily skin and acne prone skin. This looks better than anything else I have ever tired. Not cakey at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by truegirl2anna

At first i LOVED this product. After about a month of using it, i started seeing little bumps on my skin, like mini pimples. About another 2 weeks later, i started having terrible break outs, and no one in my family has ever struggled with acne like i had. I stopped using it, and i still struggle with a few zits here and there, but this powder pretty much ruined my used to be perfect complexion. I DO NOT recommend this if you have sensitive skin, or oily skin, or BOTH like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lmoua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 6 years now. Why do I keep going back to it? The price & the great coverage!

If you apply a lot of powder, it can look cakey on. But I've learned to only use only a small amount of powder & it will still cover my flaws beautifully yet makes me look like I'm not wearing any foundation.

For problem areas that requires extra coverage, I will dab a bit more powder with my finger & apply on my face like a concealer. Works great!

I think it's the best powdered mineral foundation for the price! I just wish the packaging was a bit more travel-friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mzb86

this product makes you look cakey, its hard to blend out and it looks like u have a ton of makeup one, this is a epic fail for foundation. The liquid true match is much better

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by AJ1415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well it's not bare minerals, but it is good for it's price. It covers really well and feels light. I think it's perfect if you also use foundation, however if you only use powder defenitley go for a sephora brand.