November 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Corn Huskers Lotion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A gel that dries matte, and has light, pleasant but not overwhelming fragrance. This is unique in that I can put a layer on my feet, let it dry, then walk greaseless in my shoes for the rest of the day. Also it is a great no-brainer hand lotion when I do not want slippery hands or a heavy fragrance. There is nothing else like this out there, especially for the price!!!! (The closest thing I can think of are the baby oil gels, which are much greasier and cost more as well. If you really want sheen, those are worth a try as well. I think they are both J &J products.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been neglecting my beauty routine lately, and my feet are showing it the worst. A pumice stone, sanding files, and putting lotion/Vaseline on under socks did NOTHING to help the dry patches. I saw this on sale for $2.99 and, wow, I'm glad I took a chance! I've seen it around for years, but never bothered to try it, but after 2 days you can't see any dryness on my feet (a miracle), and my poor cuticles look better than they have in years. I've never seen anything that moisturized so well, certainly nothing that didn't leave a greasy film behind. This is a gel, and it will pill like a gel if you use too much, that isn't a complaint but it is the only downside to it (I usually love to pile on lotions).

ETA: January 19, 2009--Still loving this. My feet stay smooth for days, and I rarely have to put it on. I've never seen anything like it. My nails are growing like crazy, my hands look (and feel) so nice. Great stuff, hopefully they won't change the formula!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this slick, weird lotion. It's sort of...translucent, almost gel-like. Sort of a cloudy glycerin texture. It moisturizes without being greasy or oily. It's three bucks and change at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only plus for this one is the smell which is very nice and light. Otherwise, this "lotion" (which looks and feels nothing like lotion, more like something else I can't mention) is runny, and thin, and doesn't moisturize for beans. Also, it leaves your skin all sticky. This seems like something really old people use just because they're used to it and they don't want to try new fangled stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I must be missing something. I tried this out based on the good reviews here, and I don't see the draw. The packaging sucks, and the product doesn't seem to moisturize at all. In fact, my skin feel drier after I use this. (??)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

All I can say is this stuff works. I had seen in stores from time to time over the years. Between the bottle and the name it seemed like such a throwback, like the product that time forgot. I had always assumed it was just some cheap, low quality product. A coworker recommended it to me, so I figured why not. My hands were very dry, red, scaly,and cracked. Sometimes they itched so bad it was unbearable. After three days Corn Huskers almost completely cleared up my hands. Not bad considering it usually takes a prescription treatment to clear up my hands. It has a light scent, and the texture is unlike anything else, but it works.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by puffnugget

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Corn huskers demolishes all other lotions for hands and feet. It provides instant relief for dry cracked skin. It smooths out the dry patches and seems to provide a seal of protection. My skin becomes baby soft. Once I apply it, I don't have to reapply and reapply as I do with everything else. I love this stuff. HG, definitely. I was introduced to Corn Huskers by a chef friend with hands abused by the kitchen. Once I overcame my reluctance to try a $3 bottle stocked on the bottom shelf of Cheap-O-Mart, I became a loyal convert. Creme de la Mer, *pft*.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by gudewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another personal-care staple at my house that we will never be without. This is a good, solid, all-purpose moisturizer without a ton of fragrance, oil, and weird stuff in it. It works, if you have the patience to rub, and rub, and rub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by mirawyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used Corn Huskers as a teenager, which I bought at the Revco next to my first job. When I changed jobs, I no longer had easy access to my Revco and was lured away by fancier lotions. (Wow, I'm dating myself...) Fast forward: recently, my hands became very bad. I noticed my mom, who is a cashier, had begun using Corn Huskers. She has horribly dry skin, and since she works in a grocery store, she washing her hands a lot, which doesn't help matters... I've seen a real difference in her hands when she uses it, and I can tell when she has run out, because she hates greasy stuff and goes back to using nothing until she gets more! And as for me? I had forgotten how wonderful the stuff is. It's fast-absorbing, and it works. My skin loves it, and it feels great going on. Why oh why have I wasted so much money on more expensive products that just don't work as well?

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

All I'm going to say is EWWW GROSS!! No Thanks!

Nuff Said!