November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine - Pink-a-boo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a very natural looking color on me. It goes on nice and sheer, but it has quite a bit of shimmer to it which I wasn't expecting. It is very much a crossover product as it has the look of a lip gloss but without the stickiness. It does feel a little drying though as the other reviewers have stated.

I don't think think I'll buy this color again because it's too close to my natural lip color and it has all that shimmer which I'm trying to get away from, but I wouldn't be against trying other Butter Shines. The tube is very cool too. Much nicer looking than the standard lip stick tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's creamy, moisturizing but it has some shiny particles that have some abrasive texture. they hurt my lips. but my mom liked it very much

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been catching my eye all the time I went into sephora..I just never bought it. Until I tried it on and I love it. Such a nice neutral pink, it really doesn't look lipstick because it's shiny..and by the way this is the first lipstick I ever purchased. I am more of a gloss girl..but it's something worth checking out for $14..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Glam1987

yummies!!! i absoloutely love this lipstick. its sooo soft, creamy and plush it almost feels like a lip balm. the shine is so subtle and it leaves ur lips feeling plump and kissable. the color is fun and flirty and isnt overbearing. because of the golden undertone, Pink-A-Boo would go perfect with medium to deep skin complections. its honestly the 1st lipstick i ever purchased and never had to wear a lipgloss over it for extra moisture!!! it lasts for such a long time. its worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Please click continued for a swatch.

This lipstick provides a nice but subtle shine, like with a very thin layer of gloss. For the colour, it is a beautiful medium pink with golden shimmer in the tube. It has a little bit purple undertone but I guess it's warmed up by the golden shimmer when applied. It's more like a sheer pale pink when on my lips. The shimmer isn't detectable when applied but leaves a shiny golden sheen, which I really adore. However, I find the shimmer a little bit "gritty" - kind of rough when I "press" my lips together. The shimmer particles can be made more refined.

This has decent staying power too as most moisturizing lipstick won't have very good staying power. But of course, it's not that long lasting when compared to most lipsticks. I think it lasted at most 2 hours on my lips. As for pigmentation, it's okay for a sheer lipstick. However, I am not sure if this will show up as well on very pigmented lips. You may also be surprised by how quickly you sue this thing up too - way too quicker than all my other lipsticks.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick. One of the creamiest I have ever used.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

This is horrible - contains large glitter chunks of various colors that feel gritty. Also very sheer (medium neutral pink).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW why haven't I purchased this color befor. I was suprised: only 11 people reviewed this??? how come. It is such a nice color, suitable for everyone, young girls or older woman. You don't need a mirror to apply it. Goes on creamy, comes off creamy. Leaves no yukky markes on your lips. Fades away even.
Go and get this color!! :)
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty color. Pink-a-boo is an ever-so-slightly shimmery pale pink with a medium pigmentation. I think that this would work for a wide variety of people and their different makeup styles and the different looks they might do or could do/ The texture and formulation of the Buttershine lipsticks is incredible. Very, well, buttery! It is very longlasting for such an oh-so moisturizing lipstick. I have this and First Love, but will definately repurchase both as well as try more colors. Out of all the makeup brands I use and love, I think Clinique and Lancome make the best lipsticks in terms of color and formula selection, lasting power, elegant packaging, texture, and overall appeal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty pink color with subtle gold shimmer. It's not super sheer so it shows up well on fairly pigmented lips. It's a great shade for spring and summer; it looks young and fresh. If you look great in pinks, women of all ages would probably like this shade. Love the moisturizing formula of the Butter Shines. If you're looking for something inbetween a gloss and a lipstick in a true, medium-toned pink, you might like Pink-a-boo Butter Shine.