September 21, 2014 | 1938 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pure White Linen

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very lovely fragrance. Its a very fresh, clean cotton smell, like freshly washed linen... I love the clean "just showered" smell of this fragrance. This is perfect for those days when you want to smell CLEAN and fresh not like you are wearing perfume- but obviously soap wont make you smell this good all day long. This is what I will use to smell clean and fresh especially in summer. LOVE it... Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by coley

Just purchased PWL. I really love it. To me it's a soapy clean floral and I like that kind of scent sometimes. I like White Linen on other people but it was too harsh for my chemistry. Luckily, I have PWL and it works great w/ my chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im a fan of annick goutal petite cherie' , bvlgari rose , and slvatore ferragamo charms... Im always in love with those 3 perfumes n always go back to them. Ive to add pure white linen to dis list , coz i loveeeeee it so much. It's au de parfum , meaning d scent lingers from morning to evening without additional touch up. Its not too overpowering, it doesnt make me dizzy,it's fresh + sweet ,perfect for daywear..dis one is a keeper. Ive tried Pleasure , but its not for me coz its way too floral.. I definitely prefer pure white linen than plasure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

The scent is nice and clean with strong floral notes, and a hint of citrus I believe. The fragrance reminds me of Spring because of the strong floral notes. What I love most about this perfume is its crisp scent. It's not over-powering which is what I was expecting because of the strong floral notes, but it adds that nice ''I just smelt a bunch of roses'' touch. This perfume in particular last's the longest out of the many I have tried over the years. I spritzed this on my wrist in the early morning and by the time I got home in the late afternoon, the scent was still there and the strength of the scent remained almost the same as when I first applied it. I'm very happy with this scent :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Like many other people, I find it difficult to conceive this as a flanker of White Linen- a fragrance I really like by the way. Perhaps White Linen was the clean smell in the context that saw its birth but today it smells more ambitious and even avant-garde to my nose. Pure White Linen, on the other hand, is clean, crisp, elegant, understated but very very present. There is nothing piercing in it. It gives its user a sense of no nonsense confidence and I think it would appeal to anybody who enjoy clean, light refreshing fragrances. To my nose, it is greener and grassier than PWL - Light Breeze during the heart notes and slightly more flowery at the base. I think linden adds it a different touch, too. This is the kind of fragrance that you can buy many times and would not disappoint you. I'm giving it a 3 because my skin soaks this up and it becomes almost unnoticable on me after 3 hours. Otherwise, I would rate it a 3.5 - 4.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was gifted an adorable mini bottle of Pure White Linen. In vain, I tried several times over to wear her, but from start to finish, SHE WORE ME. I suspect that the culprits are tuberose, gardenia and cedar, as these three notes just sit on my skin in a most screechy, unpleasant way. I rarely get headaches, but nine times out of ten, tuberose and gardenia will induce a near-blinding pain right between my eyes. Reading the notes listed here, I feel cheated that I do not detect any fruits at all and only the faintest of aldehydes. Perhaps if my skin had picked up some of the fruity notes, it may have worked. Thus far, Juicy Couture's original EDP is the only fragrance with tuberose that wears beautifully on me. Maybe if I could have picked up on the aldehydes, it may have added some sparkle. Addtionally, while I adore the scent of real honeysuckle in the summer, I have yet to find this note enjoyable in a perfume. On my best friend, white florals make magic on her skin! She literally smells like a delicate, pretty, feminine little flower when she wears her signature, Pleasures. I can see Pure White Linen being a good one for her, as well.

Like most perfume lovers, it has been a trial and error process to discover what "gels" with my chemistry. It is safe to say that I need not bother with any more creations in the "white floral" category.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jadie6t

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a sample from a friend to try or else I wont even buy coz it smells so strong when i was trying it at the counter..Well at first it does smell strong..but after a while the strong smells disappear and the sweet fragrance surfaces..Very girlish smell..good to wear while going out for a cocktail party or when u feel girlish :P will buy again if my current perfume runs out ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perefctly apt name. Just purchased this and it is a nice clean everyday scent that is reminiscent of freshly washed laundry. It is as close to a clean linen smell. It is new and sophisitcated as a scent like white florals. It is something for the day and probably for an older audience who will apprecaite the scent as it is strong but very fresh something for the 30+ definately. It reminds me of clothes blowing around on the washing line in a field full of blooming flowers.
There is a hint of citrus also that gives it a zing but overall it is more floral for me.
This is perfect for those summer holidays when you are walking around in the breeze as this is very natural as a scent and I think it makes a great pressie for a mother or grandmother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only perfume that to me stands out as a story in itself. First time I smelled it I thought of the sea. I have no idea why, it does not contain those ocean fresh additives many perfumes now contain, and this is a good thing. It's a perfume, but to me is a perfume that makes me feel at the sea being free and shiny.
I became so enchanted with it that even I looked up its commercial and i was so shocked that it actually did contain a sailboat and the sea.
This is the only time that a perfume gives me the same vibes as the way it's being branded. For example Calvin Klein's "Eternity" felt to me more like a sexy, seducing, whimsical, rather thick fragrance, not the easy loving family couple that the add presented.
But this perfume is unique. I do use other perfumes too, but whenever I feel tired or blue a touch of Pure White Linen puts me right back on the sail line. It's just so pure and so different throughout the day, I love how it develops!
I haven't looked up its ingredients because I don't want to spoil its undefinable charm just yet.

This is probably the only light perfume I truly like, because I usually don't like the breezy ones as they smell rather ocean-fresh-detergent to me and sometimes you can smell the alcohol in them. Not in this one. It's so so wavy - in a good way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have no idea why this is called Linen, because it doesn't make sense. At least on me, it smells like a soft bouquet of flowers, not much else. It's like a toned down and not as rich version of Beautiful. To me it's just kinda "ehh" not very unique and memorable, but smells nice. Sometimes I think it is too sweet artificial sugary smelling. The lasting power is good. I have the travel size and the spay thing came broken. The nozzle squirts instead of sprays.