October 1, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Butter Shine Lipstick - Baby Baby

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the last Butter Shine lipstick I purchased before discovering the far superior Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 formula. Baby Baby is a nice shade. It's a nude pink with shimmer that works well on my very fair, cool-toned skin. But I would rather find a similar shade in the High Impact line after this runs out rather than repurchase Baby Baby.

Ingredients: pentaerythrityl adipate/caprate/caprylate/heptanoate, octyldodecanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, hydrogenated dilinoleyl alcohol, polyethylene, stearoxy dimethicone, silica, polybutene, microcrystalline wax, barium sulfate, shea butter, purified water, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, tocopheryl acetate, lauryl pca, hydroxyethylcellulose, oleic acid, c20-40 pareth-10, ethylhexylglycerin, triethoxycaprylylsilane, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, polyethylene terephthalate, acrylates copolymer, calcium sodium borosilicate, bht. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 7 lake, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 6, red 22 lake, red 30 lake, yellow 6 lake, blue 1 lake, red 28 lake, red 33 lake. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by babybaby27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have loved clinique ever since I was in my late teens, and this particular lipstick I have to say is going to be a favorite of mine. And I have tried all sorts of lipsticks, drugstore, high end, etc. I thought I would like benefit lipstick after trying it twice, but one swipe on my lips tonight at Sephora, and even getting an SA's approval, this was a winner right from the get go. I am pretty fair skinned, and like to wear pretty neutral colors, and this was the perfect color on me, looked completely natural, and I am pleased with this product. Seeing how hard it is for me to ever finish a lipstick, if I ever managed to run out, this would be the one I'd repurchase. So...hope this one is never discontinued :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by VersaceBlonde

As a product: My favorite thing about buttershines is how soft they are; they feel like a lipgloss in lipstick's clothing (and oh how chic that clothing is - the tube is a ridged silver "bamboo" style tube. Lasting power is okay, doesn't last through a meal, but most glosses do not. Very affordable to boot ($14).

As a color: Baby Baby is a very versatile soft pinkey-mauve with a lot of shimmer (one glitter fleck short of frost). I do not detect any undertones, I find this to be a true YLBB Neutral on my semi pigmented lips; very natural and simple on my NC20 skin.

As a whole: Perhaps one of my favorite YLBB lippies; the packaging is to die for and the price is great; only complaint is the average lasting power and how quickly a tube gets used up, even with minimal re-application.

Complementary Products: Pinkey mauve eyeshadow (i.e. NARS nepal) with a chocolate brown in the crease (i.e. the darker side of Clinique Coffee Shop duo) and a shimmery pink-beige blush (i.e. NARS madly)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I won't have to buy again because I will never use up any of my lippies, but I do really like this. Beautiful, neutral/natural color with slight shimmer, and I just love the feel of these. I also have Adore U and Poppy Love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm loving the Butter Shines! Baby Baby is my latest BS and it's on par with the other shades that I own.

I'd describe this as a subtle mauve l/s with a hint of gold or warm shimmer. It reminds me of MAC's Trax eyeshadow--I could see this going nicely with a variety of colors in the mauve/violet or neutral ranges. It's quite sheer and gives a hint of color and shine. It's no surprise that some have called this a MLBB shade; even on my very fair skin and relatively unpigmented lips, this is subtle.

Since this is relatively hydrating and feels very smooth and buttery, it doesn't last long and I end up reapplying every 1-2 hours. It's fun while it lasts, though. Would I repurchase this? While I'm glad I have it and will continue to wear it, I've never actually finished a tube of lipstick. If, by some chance I DO finish this one, I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely color. It's a subtle mauvey rose with a slight shimmer. Great pigmentation, texture, formulation, moisturizing properties, lasting power, and finish as with all clinique (and Lancome lipsticks).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:10:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mmmh, I should've trusted that little inner voice telling me 'you are not gonna like it, not the kind of formula for you', but the color looked so damn beautiful in the tube and I couldn't resist --gorgeous nude pink w/ gold shimmer. This is my first Butter Shine lipstick and the last too *lol* mainly because I prefer full-coverage pigmented lipsticks rather the sheer ones. Yeah, the texture is lovely, soooo creamy and moisturizing but on my lips the color wasn't there at all, it was like applying just clear lipbalm, wtf?. Besides it wears off very quickly. Well, from now on I'm gonna stick to their Colour Surge & Long Last formulas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 5:04:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Turned out to be a little too frosty/shimmery/glossy/sheer/sticky for me. It probably looks great on someone younger.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MissScarIett

Perfect MLBB shade. Gives my lips a very polished and classic look. Not too much glossy shine, no frost at all (yay) just enough shimmer to make your lips look full and healthy. Perfect everyday shade, I always keep it in my purse. You can also darken or brighten this color with different lip liners. A brighter rose l/l under this gives it a totally different, very pretty pinker look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2007 9:00:00 AM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great lipstick. It shows as a slightly darker shimmery rose color on my lips. Unlike some light lipsticks with shimmer, this doesn't turn super frosty on me, but I am pretty fair. The only negative thing about it is that as it wears off, it takes all moisture with it. Someone with darker pigmented lips might have a hard time pulling this off.