April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Eyeshadow in Mystic Night

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by dizzyme124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is such a sexy color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this as an eyeshadow yet but it works great as a liner. It stayed on all day and didn't smudge. I just wish it showed up a bit shimmery on my eye as it does in the pan. It just looked sort of dull but I still really like the deep purple colour and the staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very dark purple. It is also very similar to Well Being, but I prefer this because it is a truer purple where as Well Being has a brown tone to it.

It doesn't glide on as well as my other EM shadows but I cant get over this color.

Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

Mystic Night is one of the most pigmented eyeshadows in EM's arsenal. I generally like "tamer" eye colors but I was very impressed with Mystic Night. Photos and swatches online do not do it adequate justice. When foiled, it has an intense royal purple hue--very much like those dark, purple petunias they sell at the home improvement stores. Mystic Night is not as blendable as other EM eyeshadows, but it's worth the purchase in their $17 eyeshadow kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really nice for a twist on the smokey eye. it will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by JustME83

A lovely warm purple shade with glitter. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

This really is a dark purple, and I love it! I have green/blue eyes and this used as an eyeliner really makes them POP. I use it with a wet eyeliner brush and it lasts all day for me. I didn't have any trouble with it fading or smearing or smudging. I don't have really oily eyelids, but I use a heavy duty eyecream and it still stayed in place all day. The sparkles in this just shimmer enough to brighten up your eyes without looking like you should be in a night club. This is a really pretty color and I would recommend it to anyone with green eyes! EDIT: Panacea81 on youtube (she is FABULOUS!!! I've learned tons from her make up tutorials! ) shows how to do a purple eye called "ting tings" I used mystic night and snowflake and it turned out fabulous! I hadn't used them much before but now I use them almost daily. LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by adri721

Like the reviews mentioned below, this is actually more of a purple color and not dark blue. However, the purple is a lovely rich color that looks gorgeous on the lids. The eyeshadow also has small purple sparkles in it. They are just the right amount to add that extra shine to the eyes without making them look like disco balls (and this is coming from someone who usually avoids sparkly makeup). I like to wear this as an all over shadow for the smokey eye look. This also works great as an eyeliner instead of the usual black or brown.
The staying power is okay, for me its stays for 3-5 hrs before starting to be noticeably lighter in color. There is also some creasing, but I seem to get a bit of creasing with all eyeshadows. All in all, a great eye shadow and well-suited for girls with darker eye colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 9:29:00 PM More reviews by dianaschu

Gorgeous vibrant shimmery color, perfect bluish purple, thus a high rating. But staying power is poor, whether you are applying it dry or foiling it. Creases and fades withing a couple of hours. But I find it the case with all mineral eye shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by brighid_karis

Warning: This is not blue! It is dark violet and doesn't look much like the website photo or description. That said...
This is a gorgeous color, especially for lining eyes or for a smoky look. It's very dark, and I imagine it would look incredible on darker skin tones. For my pale skin, it's a bit much for a daytime shadow (as eyeliner, it's fine). I haven't had an opportunity to wear it for a night out, but I would definitely consider combining it with the Smoky eyeliner and maybe a gold or silver toned highlighter. As with all the darker EM shadows, a light hand at application is super-important as is using a synthetic brush or sponge applicator.