April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Skincare - Face - Rodan and Fields - Unblemish

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by bomchickawahwah

I've been using the Unblemish line for almost one year. I'm 21 and have had mild acne since 14. I have combination skin where my skin feels tight after I wash it, but moisturizer usually does the trick. Later in the day I might get a little shiny but not too bad.

Proactiv made my skin very dry, irritated--ultimately leading to severe acne. Unblemish, however, is very balanced.

I started with the 3-part system, but now I use DDF Glycolic Toner instead of the Unblemish because it lasts longer and helps decrease the size of my pores.

The Unblemish cleanser does not take make up off, so I use cold creme to handle that. After wiping off cold creme with warm water and a towel, I wash with Unblemish cleanser. Then, pat dry with a clean towel. DDF toner. Then the 3rd part of the Unblemish system, the medicated creme.

I only use the system at night. In the morning, I wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser and moisturize with Cetaphil face moisturizer with SPF. Too much medication irritates my skin. Cetaphil is very gentle. It works for me in the mornings because I don't have heavy make-up to take off, so I just want a gentle cleaner to help wash off the medicated stuff and give me a clean palette to do my make-up.

For the past year, this has been the most consistent regimen for me. I do break out a little when I am on my period, but it is much less than before I started this regimen.

Sometimes if I break out, I'll use a little Boscia Willow Bark Treatment as a spot treatment at night after I cleanse, tone, and moisturize. It doesn't dry out to the point of flakiness.

Unblemish does smell like sulfur, but not as strongly as I thought after I read reviews on MUA. It's not a stink bomb or anything :]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jtran

While moving from one state to another, having a young infant and dealing w/family members my face broke out really badly!!! I haven't had such a bad breakouts in a year or more. It got me really depressed and I had to resort to doing something so I bought the kit because I've tried it in the past and it works. Although you have to give it about a couple of weeks in order to see the change (I know we want result immediately but that doesn't always happen). The kit has a cleanser, a toner and a BP. The cleanser is purple because it contains sulfur, it's gentle and doesn't irritate my face. The toner has a strong smell but it doesn't deter me. It doesn't stink.The BP seems more gentle than the BP from proactiv. I recommend using the BP at night everyday in order to see results. I think my face was red at first for the first week and then the redness faded. Of course, use a sunscreen during the day. The kit is expensive and you have to buy it online but worth it in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by HeidiBrewer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general, I really like this product and found that it worked well -- in particular the cleanser. I didn't find that the toner was anything special and the treatment can be a bit too drying when all three products were combined (I have picky skin -- oily, but dry and sensitive too.)

I don't particularly need a product to smell good - in fact, I usually find that products with a strong fruity or 'yummy' smell have an adverse effect on my skin; however, the fash wash really is an over-the-top sulfur smell that might bother some.

Unfortunately, the price on both the regimen AND the single products went up greatly as of late and I will be searching for something a little more economical.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to spend $42.00 on a cleanser -- shame on you Rodan + Fields!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by peter202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have used for one week. I tend to have cystic acne, one at a time. I noticed a new one on day 2 of using Unblemish. Planning to get a cortisone injection when I could get an appointment, the swelling went down. While my face still feels greasy, I am amazed the cyst got better. Still not sold 100% - packaging is outdated (no flip-tops) and is quite expensive compared to Proactiv which I used to use. Time will tell. UPDATE - after several weeks, my face was worse than ever. My face always felt/looked very greasy and oily. For $80, not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by sherylsm

I'm 45 years old & have battled acne for most of my life. "Proactiv" worked very well, however, I found it to be a bit too trying for me personally. So I decided to give the "Unblemish" line a chance after reading some information about it online. "Unblemish" doesn't leave me with the same dry feeling the "Proactiv" line did. I've had excellent results with the "Unblemish" line & now that I have my acne under control I've begun using the Rodan & Fields "Anti-Aging" line at night in addition to the "Unblemish" regime during the day. So far so good for me with both product lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by adage

I've been battling acne problems since puberty. This regimen really works for me after trying a gamut of products over the years. (and wasting lots of $$). In addition to following the regimen as outlined by R&F, I use a SPF moisturizer in the morning (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, with SPF 15 Multivitamin Facial Treatment With Alpha Hydroxy) and a corrective moisturizer at night (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Blemish Cream). This combination is the right balance for me without taking prescription drugs. Nordstrom's sells this product, so if you want to just try it out, buy it from them, since they have an extremely generous return policy OR they have a 'travel' kit, at half the price. It did take 2 months for my skin to really equalize, so give it time for your body to adjust to the regimen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It has been awhile since I used Unblemish and I guess that says it all. It is overpriced and under-delivers. I mean it is OK. I have had acne since my teens and now in my 30's still suffer from clogged pores and hormonal acne. It kept most at bay but was not fantastic. The product smells--not as bad as Murad but not nearly as good as Proactiv. It also has a thicker, creamy consistency which my oily skin does not love. The wash also never left my face feeling clean. I will say it again....NOT WORTH THE EXPENSE!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2007 4:14:00 PM More reviews by BJHS

First of all, my skin is acne prone. I always have a pimple somewhere. I also have blackheads in my T-zone. In winter, my skin gets major surface dehydration, but it's still oily underneath. I have tried so many things in my search for good skin. I was getting fed up and thought why not give the Unblemish line a try. Years ago, I tried Proactiv and should have learned my lesson. That stuff dried the heck out my skin and just made my problem worse, but I thought I was older now (30) and this stuff is supposed to be calming to your skin as well. I stuck with this for a week ( a week too long as it turns out ). It seemed like it was kind of helping but kind of giving me more blemishes at the same time. I should have stopped, but my forehead did look smoother. By the end of the week, I actually had scabs where the blemishes were and my face just looked horrible. It was depressing. Obvioulsy I sent this back. Just so you know, most products break me out, just not this bad. I have used products from Philosophy, MD Skincare, Dr. Brandt, MD Formulations, Skyn Iceland, Kinerese, and the list goes on. They all have not worked for me. I have finally found a moisturizer that doesn't clog my pores or make my skin feel clammy or slimy or greasy or whatever. It's by Kate Somerville and is called Deep Tissue Repair. It's crazy expensive, but it's actually repairing the damage this Unblemish line has done. My skin is looking better everyday (It's only been a little over a week) and I'm not getting any new blemishes. Also, when you order from Kate Somerville you get 5ml sample tubes of her other products. When I ordered they sent me 5 samples!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by vibgyor

I bought the set at Nordstrom and used as directed until it was gone, to give it a fair chance. It was pricey (not as bad as La Mer but not Clinique either) The cleanser never made me feel clean as it does not foam(think Cetaphil) but the real bonus is it smells like SULPHUR and no matter how much you rinse (EVEN IN AN ERNO LASZLO 30+ SPLASHES KIND OF WAY) you've still got the smell going on! The toner is okay but burns if you use it twice a day and the treatment lotion is tacky in feel and shiny in finish which with oily skin and blemishes I can do without. I meet one of the doctors at a Nordstrom event and she was friendly & well dressed but her skin looked as if she had just been through a nuclear blast.REDDDDDD!!!! That should have been my first clue as I would not want her complexion at any price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by heerhan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this unblemish product for almost 3weeks now and my skin is worst! my skin got worst with the redness and breakouts. I've tried proactiv before too and I had to stop using them because it didn't help me at all. I guess I am allergic to BP?? this unblemish product didn't help me and I am not happy with the result. I think I should use some other product that contains salicylic acid.