November 28, 2014 | 1886 users online

Skincare - Face - Rodan and Fields - Unblemish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by bbdoll11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used many product lines for acne, including Proactiv, Murad, and other drugstore brands. This is BY FAR the best line I have used. I'm 41 and still suffer from hormonal acne and cystic pimples. The UNBLEMISH line is great because it contains 3 products that work together. The cleanser is sulfur-based, but very nice! The toner works to lighten post acne marks, and the cream is in a dual chambered bottle. This system is simple, gentle, and incredibly effective. I have experienced a marked decrease in the number of pimples, and an overall more even skin tone. Totally worth the cost!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by hjhadams

I am 33 years old and have had acne all my life. Sometimes it has been worse than others, but in the last few years I have struggled more since I had my kids. I especially had cycstic acne along my jawline.
I started using Unblemish in October 2010 and now (January 2011) my skin is better than it has EVER been! I get comments all the time on how nice it looks, and the other day while getting a facial the woman actually told me how nice my skin and pores were. This has NEVER happened to me before. I noticed an improvement in my skin within 2-3 weeks (nothing is going to make major changes to your skin any sooner than this, so I would disregard the reviews from people who only used it for a week or two).
I tend to have oily skin, but in the past have found many systems to dry out my skin. Unblemish has not been a problem for me at all. You need to follow the directions when you first start using it - using it just once every other day for a week, then once a day for a week, then you can go up to trying twice a day.
All in all, even though this is much more expensive than what I would usually buy, I will continue to "splurge" on it since it is working so well for me and I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by 678Julie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this regimen for 2 weeks and this was my first time trying any acne products on my face. I am 27 and have always had clear skin, until my hormones when nuts after getting off BCP. I wanted this to work so bad for me. It broke me out really bad in cystic pimples! It is now scarring my face and not only that...my skin is so dry and flaky. I would not recommend this for anyone...it didn't work for me and I would hate for anyone to have the same problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by bomchickawahwah

I've been using the Unblemish line for almost one year. I'm 21 and have had mild acne since 14. I have combination skin where my skin feels tight after I wash it, but moisturizer usually does the trick. Later in the day I might get a little shiny but not too bad.

Proactiv made my skin very dry, irritated--ultimately leading to severe acne. Unblemish, however, is very balanced.

I started with the 3-part system, but now I use DDF Glycolic Toner instead of the Unblemish because it lasts longer and helps decrease the size of my pores.

The Unblemish cleanser does not take make up off, so I use cold creme to handle that. After wiping off cold creme with warm water and a towel, I wash with Unblemish cleanser. Then, pat dry with a clean towel. DDF toner. Then the 3rd part of the Unblemish system, the medicated creme.

I only use the system at night. In the morning, I wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser and moisturize with Cetaphil face moisturizer with SPF. Too much medication irritates my skin. Cetaphil is very gentle. It works for me in the mornings because I don't have heavy make-up to take off, so I just want a gentle cleaner to help wash off the medicated stuff and give me a clean palette to do my make-up.

For the past year, this has been the most consistent regimen for me. I do break out a little when I am on my period, but it is much less than before I started this regimen.

Sometimes if I break out, I'll use a little Boscia Willow Bark Treatment as a spot treatment at night after I cleanse, tone, and moisturize. It doesn't dry out to the point of flakiness.

Unblemish does smell like sulfur, but not as strongly as I thought after I read reviews on MUA. It's not a stink bomb or anything :]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by jtran

While moving from one state to another, having a young infant and dealing w/family members my face broke out really badly!!! I haven't had such a bad breakouts in a year or more. It got me really depressed and I had to resort to doing something so I bought the kit because I've tried it in the past and it works. Although you have to give it about a couple of weeks in order to see the change (I know we want result immediately but that doesn't always happen). The kit has a cleanser, a toner and a BP. The cleanser is purple because it contains sulfur, it's gentle and doesn't irritate my face. The toner has a strong smell but it doesn't deter me. It doesn't stink.The BP seems more gentle than the BP from proactiv. I recommend using the BP at night everyday in order to see results. I think my face was red at first for the first week and then the redness faded. Of course, use a sunscreen during the day. The kit is expensive and you have to buy it online but worth it in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by HeidiBrewer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general, I really like this product and found that it worked well -- in particular the cleanser. I didn't find that the toner was anything special and the treatment can be a bit too drying when all three products were combined (I have picky skin -- oily, but dry and sensitive too.)

I don't particularly need a product to smell good - in fact, I usually find that products with a strong fruity or 'yummy' smell have an adverse effect on my skin; however, the fash wash really is an over-the-top sulfur smell that might bother some.

Unfortunately, the price on both the regimen AND the single products went up greatly as of late and I will be searching for something a little more economical.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to spend $42.00 on a cleanser -- shame on you Rodan + Fields!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by peter202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have used for one week. I tend to have cystic acne, one at a time. I noticed a new one on day 2 of using Unblemish. Planning to get a cortisone injection when I could get an appointment, the swelling went down. While my face still feels greasy, I am amazed the cyst got better. Still not sold 100% - packaging is outdated (no flip-tops) and is quite expensive compared to Proactiv which I used to use. Time will tell. UPDATE - after several weeks, my face was worse than ever. My face always felt/looked very greasy and oily. For $80, not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by sherylsm

I'm 45 years old & have battled acne for most of my life. "Proactiv" worked very well, however, I found it to be a bit too trying for me personally. So I decided to give the "Unblemish" line a chance after reading some information about it online. "Unblemish" doesn't leave me with the same dry feeling the "Proactiv" line did. I've had excellent results with the "Unblemish" line & now that I have my acne under control I've begun using the Rodan & Fields "Anti-Aging" line at night in addition to the "Unblemish" regime during the day. So far so good for me with both product lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by adage

I've been battling acne problems since puberty. This regimen really works for me after trying a gamut of products over the years. (and wasting lots of $$). In addition to following the regimen as outlined by R&F, I use a SPF moisturizer in the morning (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, with SPF 15 Multivitamin Facial Treatment With Alpha Hydroxy) and a corrective moisturizer at night (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Blemish Cream). This combination is the right balance for me without taking prescription drugs. Nordstrom's sells this product, so if you want to just try it out, buy it from them, since they have an extremely generous return policy OR they have a 'travel' kit, at half the price. It did take 2 months for my skin to really equalize, so give it time for your body to adjust to the regimen.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It has been awhile since I used Unblemish and I guess that says it all. It is overpriced and under-delivers. I mean it is OK. I have had acne since my teens and now in my 30's still suffer from clogged pores and hormonal acne. It kept most at bay but was not fantastic. The product smells--not as bad as Murad but not nearly as good as Proactiv. It also has a thicker, creamy consistency which my oily skin does not love. The wash also never left my face feeling clean. I will say it again....NOT WORTH THE EXPENSE!