October 24, 2014 | 1271 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Classic Nudes

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in the minority but I wasn't impressed one bit. I stick to matte formulas from MAC and UD, but was very excited at the prospect of a cheap drugstore palette of all matte shadows. I found these to be very chalky, uneven in application, and unpigmented. The darkest color, a grey/lavender, is very similar to MAC Copperplate but inferior in quality. The two browns look alike but one is warm and the other cool toned, they did not show on me at all (NC25), even over primer.
I really wanted to like these but they didn't work for me. The packaging is cheap and flimsy but what can be expected for a $6 palette. I won't bother trying the other quads.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came this close to buying the UD Naked Basics palette w/a Sephora gift card I received at Xmas. Then I remembered that I have this little palette as well as Canyon Classics. I swatched the shadows in the NB palette and realized that my little PF palettes were just as good. These mattes are every bit as creamy and pigmented as Urban Decay's. No Lie! There may be a couple that are a bit patchy and slightly powdery (but not chalky at all, imo), but hey, Urban Decay doesn't get it right every time either, right? These palettes are essential to any makeup collection. And Very reasonably priced. I'm so glad that I remembered these little matte palettes before I splurged on an item I really didn't need.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These are very high quality eye shadows at a fraction of the price of similar products. Actually this is very similar to Clinique's Eye Shadow Quad in Teddy Bear, which I love. Like the Clinique Quad, these shadows have a smooth finish with good color payoff. They're perfect for creating a "naked" eye look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im not much of a matte e/s person, i only picked this up because it was a B1/G1 50% off sale. Im really liking this quad though & will most def repurchase. The colors look great on me & stay well even w/out a primer! The only other mattes i like are in the Just4Redheads night out palette & these are identical to the browns in it just way cheaper in price. Dare i say it, could this be love?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because there was a sale on PF, and I needed another product to go along with the one I really wanted. I had never tried any of these matte shadow quads, it was on the bottom shelf and barely noticeable... but I have no idea why because it is fantastic. There was only one shade at the store I was at, but I have seen others elsewhere again though usually only one or two and hidden away in the bottom of the display. The shadows are very pigmented, very smooth, not chalky in the least, have great lasting power (I always use primer), and are gorgeous neutral shades. There is a very nice highlight color, two midtones, and a darker crease/liner. No need to go outside the quad to make several beautiful looks. Absolutely perfect for someone looking for appropriate shadows for work or school. The packaging is sleek, has a small mirror, the pans are nice and large. I NEVER hear about these, even though everyone complains how hard it is to find good mattes at the drugstore... these are a hidden treasure. I plan to hunt down more of them for sure!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this A LOT. It's perfect for everyday- it's quick and you can't mess it up. They're all matte colors, which is difficult to find in a drugstore. The lightest color is a perfect all-over wash and I use a mixture of the tan and dark brown in the crease. I barely ever use the orangey brown color, but I bet it would look great with blue eyes. These are all very pigmented and should last a long time. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do you know how hard it is to find a neutral matte pallette from the drugstore!?!?!? REALLY hard, as I came to discover. Thank goodness for Makeupalley, or I never would have found this. Great product, pigmented, totally matte, beautiful highlight, crease, blending colours. Totally worth the price- I bought mine at walmart.

-1 lippie because the colours are pretty powder-y and prone to fallout. Needs a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. It's nice and..well..neutral! I love it for every day definition and hilighting on my eyes. I'm NUTS about matte colors and brown tones, and this and my BeautiControl Color trio are my got to palletes for a nice nutral look. You can use it for the ay, and then transition it to night very easily. Great for anyone starting in makeup and wanting to start slow.

-Good quality
-smooth
-with primer, it stays put for 12+ hours
-Easy to use
-PERFECT for a natural definition
-Cheap

you cannot go wrong. Will totally re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by LashLine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best neutral I've ever purchased. I find the pigmentation to be medium, but it builds easily. I use UDPP and have oily lids, and it very easily lasts all day.

I keep searching for something 'better', but always seem to come back to this palette. The orange-y brown color is absolutely beautiful for my blue eyes. It is subtle and soft, but it also kind of brightens up my eyes. Love love love it.

I don't find it in my local drugstore anymore, so I ended up having to stock up online. I'm scared this one could be discontinued sometime!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by uzuz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The applicator is crap; throw it out as soon as you get it. Normal brushes don't work so well either, so I actually just use my fingers, then clean it up with a brush if necessary. Even though they're a pain to apply, the colors are very good and blend so smoothly that you'll forget you're wearing them. I have oily eyelids and the powder actually keeps them dry all day and never creases. If you're looking for truly neutral makeup (seamless, light, and natural-looking), then I would highly recommend this palette.