Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Classic Nudes

4.3

on 9/18/2013 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

SO glad I purchased this over UD Naked Basics Palette because Im sure I can create veryy similar if not exace looks. Both have great, natural everyday mattes. PF has:
-top right: light gray taupe (same as classic canyon)
-top left: camel (slight orange undertones)
-bottom right: dark gray taupe (like MB tatttoo in tough as taupe)
-bottom left: cream white color (same classic canyon)

The white I use to highlight under brows / set under eye concealer
Camel makes most natural crease color for me, when Im going for usual warmer tones
Light taupe I wear all over lid / use to soften crease color when I'm going for cool tone look
Dark taupe always goes in my V / sets liner

UD only has the black over this (Im sure all of us have atleast 1 black y get another one?) this combined with Classic Canyons makes every since natural nude look possible. These do go on a bit sheerer so top it over primer/base/vaseline. they can also get dry/patchy if not used for a while so show them some love :)

on 8/25/2013 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ordered this from Ulta after not being able to find these at my local stores and I'm not sorry at all! This is a must have for any neutral or warmer toned woman. The colors are very warm so I'm not sure how they would look on someone with a very cool complexion. On my NC15-20 skin they are pure perfection! My eye looks shaded but there is not tons of glitter or shimmer, so refreshing!! Just great browns for a daily look and perfect to show off a brighter lipstick. Love this and will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/28/2013 10:34:00 PM

I have both Classic Nudes and Canyon Classics. While these weren't as much fun to buy as the more shimmery shadows, they are colors I use all the time. Bright and shiny looks great in the package, these look great on my face. While I am happy with each set individually, I am even happier I bought both, as they work so well together, and it multiplies the number of looks. I hope PF keeps it up, and brings out more colors. I can't complain about these at all. The package is ok, but it is a drugstore product, and I am interested in the makeup first. If I want great packaging I will go to the department store and pay more for it. I Have already bought backups of these, and will buy again.

on 2/16/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm in the minority but I wasn't impressed one bit. I stick to matte formulas from MAC and UD, but was very excited at the prospect of a cheap drugstore palette of all matte shadows. I found these to be very chalky, uneven in application, and unpigmented. The darkest color, a grey/lavender, is very similar to MAC Copperplate but inferior in quality. The two browns look alike but one is warm and the other cool toned, they did not show on me at all (NC25), even over primer.
I really wanted to like these but they didn't work for me. The packaging is cheap and flimsy but what can be expected for a $6 palette. I won't bother trying the other quads.

on 1/28/2013 4:43:00 AM

I came this close to buying the UD Naked Basics palette w/a Sephora gift card I received at Xmas. Then I remembered that I have this little palette as well as Canyon Classics. I swatched the shadows in the NB palette and realized that my little PF palettes were just as good. These mattes are every bit as creamy and pigmented as Urban Decay's. No Lie! There may be a couple that are a bit patchy and slightly powdery (but not chalky at all, imo), but hey, Urban Decay doesn't get it right every time either, right? These palettes are essential to any makeup collection. And Very reasonably priced. I'm so glad that I remembered these little matte palettes before I splurged on an item I really didn't need.

on 10/20/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

These are very high quality eye shadows at a fraction of the price of similar products. Actually this is very similar to Clinique's Eye Shadow Quad in Teddy Bear, which I love. Like the Clinique Quad, these shadows have a smooth finish with good color payoff. They're perfect for creating a "naked" eye look.

on 9/21/2012 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Im not much of a matte e/s person, i only picked this up because it was a B1/G1 50% off sale. Im really liking this quad though & will most def repurchase. The colors look great on me & stay well even w/out a primer! The only other mattes i like are in the Just4Redheads night out palette & these are identical to the browns in it just way cheaper in price. Dare i say it, could this be love?

on 6/22/2012 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim because there was a sale on PF, and I needed another product to go along with the one I really wanted. I had never tried any of these matte shadow quads, it was on the bottom shelf and barely noticeable... but I have no idea why because it is fantastic. There was only one shade at the store I was at, but I have seen others elsewhere again though usually only one or two and hidden away in the bottom of the display. The shadows are very pigmented, very smooth, not chalky in the least, have great lasting power (I always use primer), and are gorgeous neutral shades. There is a very nice highlight color, two midtones, and a darker crease/liner. No need to go outside the quad to make several beautiful looks. Absolutely perfect for someone looking for appropriate shadows for work or school. The packaging is sleek, has a small mirror, the pans are nice and large. I NEVER hear about these, even though everyone complains how hard it is to find good mattes at the drugstore... these are a hidden treasure. I plan to hunt down more of them for sure!

I like this A LOT. It's perfect for everyday- it's quick and you can't mess it up. They're all matte colors, which is difficult to find in a drugstore. The lightest color is a perfect all-over wash and I use a mixture of the tan and dark brown in the crease. I barely ever use the orangey brown color, but I bet it would look great with blue eyes. These are all very pigmented and should last a long time. Highly recommend.

on 1/27/2012 3:55:00 PM

Do you know how hard it is to find a neutral matte pallette from the drugstore!?!?!? REALLY hard, as I came to discover. Thank goodness for Makeupalley, or I never would have found this. Great product, pigmented, totally matte, beautiful highlight, crease, blending colours. Totally worth the price- I bought mine at walmart.

-1 lippie because the colours are pretty powder-y and prone to fallout. Needs a primer.

Popular Eye Shadows