April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad Eyeshadow in Classic Nudes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim because there was a sale on PF, and I needed another product to go along with the one I really wanted. I had never tried any of these matte shadow quads, it was on the bottom shelf and barely noticeable... but I have no idea why because it is fantastic. There was only one shade at the store I was at, but I have seen others elsewhere again though usually only one or two and hidden away in the bottom of the display. The shadows are very pigmented, very smooth, not chalky in the least, have great lasting power (I always use primer), and are gorgeous neutral shades. There is a very nice highlight color, two midtones, and a darker crease/liner. No need to go outside the quad to make several beautiful looks. Absolutely perfect for someone looking for appropriate shadows for work or school. The packaging is sleek, has a small mirror, the pans are nice and large. I NEVER hear about these, even though everyone complains how hard it is to find good mattes at the drugstore... these are a hidden treasure. I plan to hunt down more of them for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this A LOT. It's perfect for everyday- it's quick and you can't mess it up. They're all matte colors, which is difficult to find in a drugstore. The lightest color is a perfect all-over wash and I use a mixture of the tan and dark brown in the crease. I barely ever use the orangey brown color, but I bet it would look great with blue eyes. These are all very pigmented and should last a long time. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do you know how hard it is to find a neutral matte pallette from the drugstore!?!?!? REALLY hard, as I came to discover. Thank goodness for Makeupalley, or I never would have found this. Great product, pigmented, totally matte, beautiful highlight, crease, blending colours. Totally worth the price- I bought mine at walmart.

-1 lippie because the colours are pretty powder-y and prone to fallout. Needs a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this a lot. It's nice and..well..neutral! I love it for every day definition and hilighting on my eyes. I'm NUTS about matte colors and brown tones, and this and my BeautiControl Color trio are my got to palletes for a nice nutral look. You can use it for the ay, and then transition it to night very easily. Great for anyone starting in makeup and wanting to start slow.

-Good quality
-smooth
-with primer, it stays put for 12+ hours
-Easy to use
-PERFECT for a natural definition
-Cheap

you cannot go wrong. Will totally re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by LashLine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best neutral I've ever purchased. I find the pigmentation to be medium, but it builds easily. I use UDPP and have oily lids, and it very easily lasts all day.

I keep searching for something 'better', but always seem to come back to this palette. The orange-y brown color is absolutely beautiful for my blue eyes. It is subtle and soft, but it also kind of brightens up my eyes. Love love love it.

I don't find it in my local drugstore anymore, so I ended up having to stock up online. I'm scared this one could be discontinued sometime!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by uzuz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The applicator is crap; throw it out as soon as you get it. Normal brushes don't work so well either, so I actually just use my fingers, then clean it up with a brush if necessary. Even though they're a pain to apply, the colors are very good and blend so smoothly that you'll forget you're wearing them. I have oily eyelids and the powder actually keeps them dry all day and never creases. If you're looking for truly neutral makeup (seamless, light, and natural-looking), then I would highly recommend this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by prettinpinc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this quad - the colors are matte, well coordinated, and they last all day (I do not have oily eyelids - I don't know if this would be true for those who struggle with oily eyelids). I generally use the lightest brown shade the most - it's perfect for looking understated, yet also dramatically changing the whole look of my eyes - subtle yet powerful. Sometimes I use the other colors on my brows and the lightest color is a good highlighter. I will actually repurchase this eyeshadow - something I never do!

Btw - I've got blue eyes and pale skin. These browns make my blue eyes really stand out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is so hard to find a good set of matte eyeshadows. The best set of matte neutrals I have yet to find is Cargo's Essential's palette but I was hoping to find a cheaper equivilent but my search continues.

I bought this set hoping to make it like an everyday matte neutral eyeshadow look.

The shadows themselves are good, they are pigmented just fine, and the colors are pretty good too. The only qualm I have is the color combination. The browns are a bit too similar for me. Sure they look different in packaging, but on the eye when you put them in your crease, the difference is very subtle, in my opinion. I wish there was another lighter color (for the eyelid?) and I wish the darker shade was dark enough to be used as a brown eyeliner.

Currently I just lightest shade for both lid and brow bone area and whatever darker shade I feel like using in my crease and the darkest in the outer corner. It serves its purpose and as I said before, the colors and quality of the shadow are great.

In any case, I still gave it 4 lippies because it's difficult as it is to even find a good neutral truly matte quad (or any matte eyeshadow for that matter). I just hope they consider their color scheme in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hadn't worn matte shadows for years, but after reading positive reviews from so many MUA'ers of my age (45-plus) I decided this was worth a try. Originally planned to get Canyon Classics quad, but two of the colors in that one looked exactly the same. This one had more variety: cream, beige, a camel tan and a pinky-beige shade.

You know how in most quads, there are two colors that you use all the time and two (usually really light and really dark) that you rarely use? In this one, you will use all the colors all the time.

These shadows are truly matte, finely milled and deposit a lot of color. They blend well and look very natural. This would be a good quad for a business trip or other situation where you need non-dramatic shadow. The colors are suitable for any work environment, no matter how conservative. The trim, square case fits neatly in my makeup drawers. Even the sponge applicator isn't that bad in a pinch.

My only complaint is it would be nice if there were ONE deeper shade (not eyeliner dark, just medium dark) in the quad for a bit more variety. The two "camel" tones are too similar.

This is not an earth-shattering quad that will make your heart pound with glee when you apply the colors - but it is a good little workhorse and for under $6 at Kmart, you can't beat the price.

EDIT: 6 months after buying I've noticed this is THE quad I pull out again and again in the mornings. The colors also have impressive staying power -- as good as my higher end shadows. This may not be "sexy" but it's definitely "go-to."

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been searching forever for matte shadows. I purchased Canyon Classics and the Classic Nudes on sale at drugstore.com. Of the two, Classic Nudes was worse than Canyon Classics and I found that one pretty bad too.

The Nudes are warm shades. The lighter shades looked plain awful with my skin tone. The other two shades were just as bad. The lighter brown looked orange and the darkest shade looked like I had applied mud to my eyes. Blending the product was not easy ~ it's hard to blend orange and mud brown together with much success. This purchase is going back to the store. I will not buy this product again...