April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Self Tanners - Dove - Summer Glow

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by dannieh00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this because my feet were looking rather pale compared to the rest of my body which is pretty tanned all year round. It made my feet orange - I think because I put a really thick layer on before sleeping. It was quite hilarious.

But after this incident I used thin layers everyday/every few days and this worked a whole lot better. So do not put a whole bunch on at one time people! :P

I like the smell as I put in on but once it dries and starts to sink in, ooooh boy. It's like this biscuit smell. Not a pleasant biscuit smell... Like a weird floral, rotten biscuit smell. If I sleep with it on, my bed smells like it, eurgh.

But overall it is a decent product. I wouldn't buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by LivvyRose94

Love this, use it every Summer. I'm quite pale so I use the fair skin one and in a few days I'm all tan and glowing. I exfloliate with just brown sugar and water before and shave my legs. Then I dry completely, and run this everywhere but my underwear line and my face and wait for it to dry (does so quite quickly). I sometimes sleep with it on, but it does feel slightly greasy if you use too much so I wait about 20 mimuntes and lightly shower and dab my skin. I do 'step two' for about 3 days and I'm glowing! I use a normal moisturiser for the next few days the keep my skin mositurised and use the tanner again when I need to.

I love it. So cheap, doesn't smell really bad (I use it so often it just smells like summer to me) and doesn't stain clothes. Just make sure you wash your hands after or they'll look slightly orang e(only because the palms of the hands are brighter than the rest.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by shelleykate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't understand any bad reviews of this product!
I absolutely love it. It makes my skin super silky and gives me a really even, natural looking tan over time. It's also great for maintaining a self tan you got from another product :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Many people like this creme/selftanner. But not me! It makes me really orange :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MERMAID90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to start by saying I love this!! I always go back to it as one of my cheap gradual tanners it really is amazing, despite its perk..... which is the fake tan smell - it lingers on for days, but if you are not fussed about that then this is great. It might not work perfect on pale skins but I am olive skinned and I get it in the normal to dark skin and it works great! It adds a glow and a bit of colour which is not streaky at all. Garnier has also introduced something similar to this which I have tried and I still come back to this! I also found this very moisturing..and my skin is quite dry to start with. No matter how many fake tanners I buy I always have to have this..! It does what it said on the tin therefore I would definitely recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I always go back to this as my gradual tanner. I get it in the darker color. I love this!! It helps to extend my fake tans as well. Will buy this again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Jeanad

I have bought the normal to dark skin lotion. I have repurchased this several times while trying other products in between. The colour pay off is good Ė not too dark or light. I can slap it on without it being patchy or streaky. The fragrance is ok, a little bit fake tan. It could be that I associate its fragrance with fake tan. I donít find it very hydrating and it is a tiny bit sticky. Ultimately, I like the colour and it's a cheapie which is why I repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by happyaccidents

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do not like this stuff at all. Firstly it smells absolutely disgusting and the smell stays on your skin days later, and it is also really sticky for some reason - it didn't soak into my skin very much at all. I also found that sometimes when I applied it for a few days in a row I didn't see any results, while at other times I could.

And as for the colour, it doesn't look natural at all. I bought the light to medium bottle and after applying it once for only two days I was teriyaki orange! I hate to think what the medium to dark cream would be like.

Definitely not buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by allthelittlethings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is my life saver. For me it's pretty much impossible to get a tan in this english weather so to stop me looking like a flaky ghost I always wear Summer Glow. It gives me an even coverage but doesnt make me look like a carrot. It also keeps my skin smooth and hydrated. Its my cheap, easy solution to a full on fake tan (or a real tan!)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by MiriamRSmith92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Not such a fan of this product, I did use it for a while, as my Self tanning stuff, and it smells a bit bad, it left me quite blotchy as well, you really need to concentrate on making sure its all even. The packaging I found quite annoying as well because I had to keep it turned upside down so that I could get the product out properly when I used it. Now I use St Moritz which is a kind of copy of St Tropez, waaay cheaper, not sure you can get it in the us but its like £2.99 here.