August 22, 2014 | 1932 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Beca622

So I am allergic to almost everything that touches my skin... Fragrant lotions and almost every bronzing lotion breaks me out in hives immediately after two uses . So when I read the reviews I was considering taking it back when I decided what the heck I'll try it. Turns out this stuff makes my skin amazingly soft and tan tinted. I do take a shower the next morning but I have yet to get hives!! I haven't used it on my face however, but the ingredients seem pretty safe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because I just can't maintain and keep up with my normal self tanner (Banana Boat Summer Color Deep Dark). I am a Mom and just can't regularly take out a half hour or more to apply self tanner at night. This was a replacement for me because I can apply it in like 10 minutes or less and I have zero problems with application. I love love love it because it is very moisturizing for my dry skin, doesn't give me any problems on feet or hands, and is the very best color by far I have ever gotten from any self tanner! Light brown is all I can say. No more pasty for me! It takes about 4 days to really see a big difference, but after a week you will be 2 shades darker I would say. I exfoliate every 3 days using this to keep it even and have not noticed any signs of weird patches. The smell is strong, but like pina coladas. The hemp seed oil smell some people may have smell issues with because some people just hate it. I tolerate it because the results are better than any other and I have not smelled DHA nastiness in it really, which is what makes this the very best! I am curious to see how this works with maintaining my regular self tanner. That will be another review though...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by iamommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use as a maintainer for my twice weekly application of instant self tanner. I'm currently using this as my daily body lotion and I'm using banana boat summer color, which fades funny and this really helps with that because it's hydrating and contains a small amount of d.h.a. so it really seems to help even things out in those patchy areas around my wrist, my arms, and chest.

What I love about this lotion is that it dries really fast, I'd say about 5 minutes compared to the 15 it used to take with Jergens natural glow so I can get dressed fast. I'm not crazy about the tropical scent of this product, but I have yet to pick up a trace of self tanner smell and the tropical scent isn't too strong once you're dry and dressed. I love that it's hydrating without leaving me feeling sticky or greasy or like the product isn't dry a long time after I've applied it. So it's a great summer moisturizer for me, but I have very dry skin so I don't think this would work alone during the winter months.

I may update again if I try it this winter by itself because I can't attest to how great the color is by itself since I'm using it with another self tanner, but I would definitely repurchase for this purpose. The price is great (5-6 bucks at walmart) and it's a great daily moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by AA9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I finally found something that actually works!
I'm Asian olive skin type. Everything turn orange No matter what I use....
This product gave me light nice golden tan color. I tan outside fews times a week & use this lotion few times a week to keep my tan last longer. I don't wanna use this lotion every day coz skin could turn orange if i over do it.
Absolutely gonna buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

We all have a yellow tanned skin, yellow tanned skin, yellow tanned skin....la la la .....la la
Sorry for the silly start of my review, but I think now you know about how this lotion worked on me :)
This was my first try with self tanner.
I am very pale, probably MAC N20 or N15, and I wanted to get a little bit of color before the beach season starts.

So, I don't want to put this lotion totally down.
- The price is great - $5 from Walmart
- Package is perfect, it comes in a bottle with
a pump
- It smells good and delicious like coconut
- It doesn't leave any streaks

What I don't like though is:
- the color, it turned me yellow which is not very sexy from my point of view
- itchy skin with a few rashes
- dry lizard skin

Well, it might work on some people, but for me the color of it was just not good. It only looked good on my legs, but that's about it.

I will return it and never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Sydneyalexis13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought this product in a desperate need of a new self tanner. I read the reviews, and despite the comments of the lotion having a "terrible smell" I went with it anyways. May I say that this product smells WONDERFUL. The only reason the smell would bother you, is if you hated the smell of cinnamon rolls, lol. The only catch about this, is that you have to make sure to rub it in good and evenly, or it could leave behind marks. Other than this, it's the best self tanner I've ever used, and you definitely get alot for the money! Doesn't make you look orange, and you can tell a slight difference after only one use!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Kelseyalainee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a few years now. Usually during the winter when I'm not out in the sun very much. (I have semi-pale skin) it works FABULOUSLY!! It tightens my skin, gives it a healthy glow, without turning orange. I did find, though, that if you put it on directly after a shower it smells way better than putting it on hours after a shower. (Don't know why that is, but it happens) but, I can usually handle the smell so I put it on before bed and in the mornings after my shower. If you do out it on after a shower though, it smells very beachy and delicious!! Overall it is a great product, especially for the price, and I will defiantly continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love gradual tanners. Dove was my favorite until it got discontinued. I switched to Jergens and had been using it the last few years, but I never liked it as much and hated the tube packaging. I found this Hemp one bases on MUA reviews. I love it! It is inexpensive, comes in a pump, doesn't have the usual bad smell of self tanners. It gives me a natural, golden color. It also moisturizes way better than the Jergens one. I will continue to rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I love this lotion. It goes on non-greasy and sinks right in. It gives a beautiful glow over time. I'm an NC25 in MAC, but my legs are pretty pasty. This lotion makes me feel comfortable wearing shorts, like I won't blind anyone. I've used this on my face as well and haven't had any issues there, even though it does contain oil. My skin gets pretty dry in the winter, but using this daily really keeps it nice and soft.

It gets a 4 because of the smell. It doesn't stink, per se, but it's not entirely pleasant either. My husband HATES how this lotion smells. I wouldn't repurchase, because I'd have to apply another moisturizer over it to mask the smell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mschuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite lotion hands down because it actually works!!! I have pretty dry skin, so this has been my godsend all winter. What's so great about this lotion (besides how well it moisturizes my skin), is that a little bit goes a LONG way, and that it's so cheap. It's definitely a big bang for your buck deal.

I was also really surprised how well the gradual tanner actually worked too. It's not crazy intense, but it really does give you a bronzed glow - not orange! I'm a big self tanner, and the results from this lotion is the same or even better than all the expensive tanners i've wasted so much money on. I would just recommend washing your palms of your hands and in between your fingers - i always forget that!

I usually buy mine at Walmart, but I recently won a bottle from their facebook page which I would recommend following because they actually do a lot of giveaway type of things. Here's their fb if you're interested:

All in all, I would definitely recommend this lotion!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No