April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Sydneyalexis13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought this product in a desperate need of a new self tanner. I read the reviews, and despite the comments of the lotion having a "terrible smell" I went with it anyways. May I say that this product smells WONDERFUL. The only reason the smell would bother you, is if you hated the smell of cinnamon rolls, lol. The only catch about this, is that you have to make sure to rub it in good and evenly, or it could leave behind marks. Other than this, it's the best self tanner I've ever used, and you definitely get alot for the money! Doesn't make you look orange, and you can tell a slight difference after only one use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Kelseyalainee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a few years now. Usually during the winter when I'm not out in the sun very much. (I have semi-pale skin) it works FABULOUSLY!! It tightens my skin, gives it a healthy glow, without turning orange. I did find, though, that if you put it on directly after a shower it smells way better than putting it on hours after a shower. (Don't know why that is, but it happens) but, I can usually handle the smell so I put it on before bed and in the mornings after my shower. If you do out it on after a shower though, it smells very beachy and delicious!! Overall it is a great product, especially for the price, and I will defiantly continue using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love gradual tanners. Dove was my favorite until it got discontinued. I switched to Jergens and had been using it the last few years, but I never liked it as much and hated the tube packaging. I found this Hemp one bases on MUA reviews. I love it! It is inexpensive, comes in a pump, doesn't have the usual bad smell of self tanners. It gives me a natural, golden color. It also moisturizes way better than the Jergens one. I will continue to rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I love this lotion. It goes on non-greasy and sinks right in. It gives a beautiful glow over time. I'm an NC25 in MAC, but my legs are pretty pasty. This lotion makes me feel comfortable wearing shorts, like I won't blind anyone. I've used this on my face as well and haven't had any issues there, even though it does contain oil. My skin gets pretty dry in the winter, but using this daily really keeps it nice and soft.

It gets a 4 because of the smell. It doesn't stink, per se, but it's not entirely pleasant either. My husband HATES how this lotion smells. I wouldn't repurchase, because I'd have to apply another moisturizer over it to mask the smell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by mschuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite lotion hands down because it actually works!!! I have pretty dry skin, so this has been my godsend all winter. What's so great about this lotion (besides how well it moisturizes my skin), is that a little bit goes a LONG way, and that it's so cheap. It's definitely a big bang for your buck deal.

I was also really surprised how well the gradual tanner actually worked too. It's not crazy intense, but it really does give you a bronzed glow - not orange! I'm a big self tanner, and the results from this lotion is the same or even better than all the expensive tanners i've wasted so much money on. I would just recommend washing your palms of your hands and in between your fingers - i always forget that!

I usually buy mine at Walmart, but I recently won a bottle from their facebook page which I would recommend following because they actually do a lot of giveaway type of things. Here's their fb if you're interested:

All in all, I would definitely recommend this lotion!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by smartsally

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a number of self tanners and thought I'd give this product a shot after reading reviews. I have just purchased my second bottle and hope that this product stays around for a long time. I am fair skinned and freckled so I wanted just a light glow. There is very little streak problems and I am not that diligent about exfoliating daily. I would recommend this to anyone who wants just a light tan. You cannot beat the price-$5.00 at Walmart.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this when I was like 18, I am 23 now and I have tried so many self tanning products and this one was good for when I was 18 but now that I am older and "wiser" I just know many more products that I'd choose over this one....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lunardrive

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As many have stated, this is a moisturizer with a bit of DHA so the color it gives is very gradual. I like it because it is a nice moisturizing lotion and doesn't go on streaky at all so the application is foolproof unlike the self tanners that give a lot more color. I use banana boat to give me a shot of color and then I use this daily to help maintain. Using this with the banana boat gives me awesome color year round with out looking orange. The other great thing is the price; I paid $4 for 8 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got 25oz for under $6 at Walmart. It was a promo sizing with 40% more free. Normally it is just 18oz which is still better than paying around $10 for 6oz for a self tanner.

Just as this was becoming a hg product, I find out is is being discontinued!! NO! why!? Sally beauty supply also made this same formula in a huge bottle which is also being discontinued...Where else am i going to find something this great and 25 oz for this great of a price?!

I actually really like the smell. Tropical banana. It is not sticky or thick, sinks in perfectly.

This is not going to make you super tan overnight, it is very light and takes away the white glow. This is best for you PPPs. I use this in between deep self tanner applications to maintain the self tanner. non steaky (although i am going to say that is based on application not formula).

I have normal/dry skin and this is not quite moisturizing enough for me by the next day. I apply at night after showering & by the next morning my skin is asking for a little more moisture.

This stuff is great, I wish it was not being discontinued.

*update* 6/27/12- The sally one doesn't look like it is being discontinued (yet!?)I have seen it in the store & it is on their site still. The sally one is called
Moist Hemp Bronzing Moisturizer 18 oz. for $8.49 or with club card price is $7.69

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So most gradual tan lotions work fine for me but th@en my skin gets "addicted" to them so when I try to stop my skin is a horrible flaky mess for at least a week. This is due to patrolium and mineral oils that are in most lotions. The reason I went with this particular bronzing lotion is because it doesn't contain either of those harmful ingredients. It very gradual and can stick to dry parts like elbows, knees, and parts of feet if you don't exfoliate and use other moisturizer. I don't love the smell but I don't hate it either. Does take a few minutes to absorb but not long enough to bother me. Over all its a very affordable bronzing moisturizer that delivers believable color along with good moisturizing to the skin.. I got this product at Walmart for around 6$. I'd like a stronger color so that's why I don't want to give this a full 5