The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 1/26/2015 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the one. The only one that makes my skin glow like it never has before. I have tried every cleanser I can get my paws on, including pro-activ, lush, first aid beauty, fresh, clean & clear, etc. This one makes my skin look almost awesome naturally instead of pimply and nasty. I recently decided to try a different cleanser and took a two week break from this one, and after just three days of washing with this one again my skin is 1000x better. I love the smell of tea tree oil, and I always moisturize my face after washing it, so overall, this cleanser has no downside for me.

This review is for the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash that comes in a plastic bottle and smells vaguely of minty tea tree oil. The gel itself is greenish. After coming to love cream and oil cleansers, this feels so foamy and drying. I forgot how much I hate foaming facial cleansers, what with the bubbles always getting in my nose. I never used it get my makeup off (oil cleansers take the cake on that), but I can't imagine it doing a good job in that arena. I only ever used it to double cleanse as the second step, and only a tiny bit. It's cheap, which is great, but it's much too harsh for a face wash, even for oily skin. I ended up pouring the majority of the bottle out to use as hand soap because it was drying out my skin. Overall, not sure you'd want to use this to treat acne as it would probably just make it worse. Luckily for me, I'm only ever treating a pimple here or there during PMS and this wasn't my first line of defense/treatment. It didn't exacerbate my acne, but I didn't use it morning and night as my exclusive cleanser. Makes a great body wash or hand soap, though, lol.

on 1/13/2015 6:57:00 PM

Really made my skin sting. Felt like my skin was melting of my face, I don't usually have sensitive skin but this left my face bright red and so tight like someone was pulling my face back with hooks. Never again.

on 1/12/2015 1:11:00 AM

I bought this product simply because it has tea tree oil as the main ingredient but unfortunately this cleanser is not as good as I expect. Iy cleanses well but I hate the dry skin feeling after washing my face. Though it's not expensive , I will not buy this product again. Found nothing special in this product but I like how its smell

on 1/4/2015 3:15:00 AM

i have used this product for 4 years, after terrible acne and treatment from antibiotics, diet changes, roaccutane and chemical treatments, the best thing to happen to my skin is the body shop tea tree range.

i have used 5 bottles of this face wash in the 4 years and always keep a spare, it lasts forever, clears acne, washes away makeup perfectly and has a wonderful smell that just refreshes you and makes your skin FEEL clean for once. the only product that i've ever used that was better than this is the body shop squeaky clean tea tree face wash, but it doesn't last as long unfortunately and the bill adds up.

Received this in a set with the toner and moisturizing lotion for Christmas. Looking at the cleanser itself:

Pros
-Clears or minimizes pimples overnight
-Inexpensive; often goes on sale
-Leaves "clean skin" feeling

Cons
-Slight burning sensation
-Medicinal smell (personally not a fan)

if you're going to try this line, you must also use the moisturizer to get the full benefit of the regimen and to avoid drying out your skin. Toner is optional, but will review it and the lotion separately. Recommend only using on your really bad acne days, then using gentler products for better days.

on 12/8/2014 7:07:00 PM

I only use this cleanser around that time of the month which is when I break out, it's the only cleanser I've found that really clears up my skin as well as makes it feel clean and refreshed. I don't use it all the time though as it really dries out my skin. But definitely a holy grail product for when my skin's acting up

on 11/17/2014 8:54:00 PM

This dried my skin out very badly, and I can't say I got any less spots. The price, packaging and smell is good though, but it just didn't work out for my skin.

on 11/1/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this around 3 years ago but stopped for whatever reason. Recently I found it at the back of my cupboard whilst searching for something stronger than my Elizabeth's Daughter cleanser for my newly acne prone skin. I used this for the first week and immediately noticed I was less oily and less spotty, however after a while my acne came back and so I reduced my use to once a day rather than twice and that seems to work perfectly for me. It is rather harsh and could be drying if used twice, I use this with the seaweed toner and my oil&pores are virtually invisible and my skin is glowy and clear! Definitely a staple in my skin care routine as it clears my skin and reduces oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has a medicinal smell that didn't appeal to me and is much to drying for my combination skin.