December 20, 2014 | 1360 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Annabanana030

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't really think it makes a different on my acne or pores or white heads(don't have black heads so idk bout that). But it doesn't breaks me out. WASNT TOO STRONG!! Which I like since sacilic(?) acid never work for me. Likes the smell, NOT BUBLY.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by dyzavanska

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleanser said it is suitable for people with blemish-prone skin. I have oily and blemish-prone skin, so I tried this cleanser! At first, it made my skin feel tight and dry. I could only feel moisturized by applying the tea tree toner and lotion after cleansing. But after awhile, I keep buying this cleanser because no other Body Shop cleanser can clean out the excess sebum on my face as well as this one can. I'm still looking for a cleanser that won't dry out my skin, though...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lucykk

I had heard great things about The Body Shop's Tea Tree range, and I wanted to try it out for a while. I bought the starter kit so that I could sample the products and this cleanser was by far my favourite in the pack. I love how this cleanses my skin quite deeply but does not make my skin feel tight or stripped at all. It has a sight cooling effect and feels very gentle. My skin can sometimes be badly broken out by new products, but this did not cause any irritation. Over time, I feel that this was a major help in clearing up my skin. I use it in conjunction with the tea tree toner, which I also like. I have and will continue to repurchase this product. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried a sample of this product around a year ago when I was travelling in thailand. I have acne prone and EXTREMELY oily skin that can be dry in patches around my upper lip when im having a bad skin day. I found that this cleared up around 70% of my breakouts within the 4 days that I was travelling. I quickly got the full size of this once I returned home. It was very effective for the first 5 months of using it. I then brought it to me to canada and I dont know if it was this product or other things I was using, but my skin became all red and patch especially around my eyes, even though i would avoid using any product around them. thinking back, I think it was my skins initial reaction to benzyl peroxide, so I think i will repurchase this wash in the next week because im having a really bad breakout

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by kikinokoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found this product wasn't effective for me, I have combination skin and am prone to acne and break outs. Although it didn't make me break out, it didn't get rid of it either. I found this product just kept more breakouts from occurring. I didn't like how it didn't foam up too well, and the creamy texture was nothing special, if anything it was a let down. It works terribly against wet skin. I found I had to wet my face first and use dry hands to foam up the face wash to get as much out of the product as possible, sometimes I would use a foam maker. Furthermore, my skin just didn't feel clean after using it. This product is also quite drying, so it would be preferable to use in the summer but not during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by ShailjaVashisht

This is the one of the best face washes for oily skin.. I am using 3rd bottle of this face wash and will continue to use it as it makes the skin non greasy. It also keeps a check on oil for around 5-6 hours. You can read the detailed review here :

TBS face wash review! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Oil Face Wash from The Body Shop as part of the Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The face wash alone is $12. To start with, I have sometimes very oily skin & with that, naturally, I tend to break out. I like this face wash because it did clear up my skin & make it look better, but it worked slowly. It removes excess oils; however, because I have such oily skin, that doesn't last long haha

How long it look for me to see results almost discouraged me... that's probably because of its gentleness. Seeing my sister use it & see almost instant results, I was wondering what was taking SO long for me! Anyway, I used this once a day, at nighttime. This face wash has a (very) strong scent, but it does fade & I did get used to it. I truly do recommend this product & enjoy itómy only complaint was that it was slow-working.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading a lot of good reviews on The Body Shop's website, I was really hoping for a product that would help with the pimples I got a few times a month. The very first time I used it I could feel this tingly sensation on my face that I liked (made me feel fresh) but that never happened again. I've been using this for maybe half a year, but it hasn't done anything special... it especially didn't help with the constant breakouts I kept getting. I've used products that were cheaper and worked better; I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by isflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Let's start with my skin type .... VERY Sensitive, acne-prone. Suffering and battling almost 8 years with acne (which has subsided for about a year now after visiting a dermatologist) I have always been hopeful to find the next best product(s) for my face yet skeptical due to fear of pore-clogging, over dryness/oiliness or just breakouts. I was using a tea tree face wash from a health store for over a years time, PM only, which I absolutely loved! Unfortunately it was a local store, I moved into the city and being a shopaholic I wandered into TBS one day out of simple interest. A sales associate recommended this for me, advising between the gel or the foaming one. I leaned toward the gel due to fact I know any foaming washes Can be drying, as can tea tree oil. Essentially, what I needed was something to balance my skin. Most commonly, my skin has always felt dry for the first while after washing however throughout the day tends to get a bit oily. (I'm sure contributing factors would include hair products and hand lotions coming in contact with face along with the makeup set on it, but I still need to treat my face as fairly as I can while keeping every part of my body happy!) I have been using this face wash for almost 7 months now and loved it from the start. It's helped absorb the excess oils I have on my face, deeply cleanses off extra makeup (after using my own makeup remover) and other impurities, while still being very gentle on my sensitive skin. I truly believe it has helped prevent future breakouts and slightly assisted with oncoming breakouts as well (usually due to diet, stress and hormonal changes). With that said, It's not a miracle product, as none are, and to truly treat your skin as royalty you really do need to formulate your own skin care regime. I actually loved it so much I went and bought the matching toner however once used everyday in combination, again PM only, during the dry Canadian winter months it lead to extreme dryness and flaking. I placed the toner aside to save for summer when my skin is prone to excess oil (as it still did a great job regardless), used a different brand of toner that is more moisturizing along with face lotion and the combination with the tea tree oil face wash has been spectacular!! I will continue to repurchase. I'm only halfway through the bottle as well.. A little does go a long way with this product! It's not cheap, nor is it TOO pricey but definitely worth every penny spent. I just wish it came in a pump. PS - I've heard it time and time again from professionals, it's okay to mix and match products to better suit your skins needs; this is most common need for combination and/or sensitive skin for finding your perfect balance :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It really works and is a more gentle approach at attacking acne naturally if you're sensitive to benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. I am pregnant and have oily and somewhat acne prone skin. when I found out I was preggers I had to stop using my usual stronger topical products because they are not recommended while pregnant. I had such bad flare ups as my hormones were going crazy during the first trimester and was miserable because none of the cleansers I was trying without these ingredients were doing anything to help my predicament. I stumbled into the body shop one day and they were having a sale. while I was browsing around I saw the whole tea tree line which appealed to me because I had done alot of research on tea tree and it being a natural antimicrobal approach to many things even acne and that it was ok to use while pregnant so I bought this cleanser and sure enough after about a week I definitely started seeing a difference! I am 6 months pregnant now and have been using it ever since. Despite a pimple showing up sparingly here or there my skin has a better look to it and is so much clearer than the mess it was looking like before I started using this. So yeah, I can say that I would consider repurchasing this product, it has worked out for me and the "minty-ness" of tea tree is really refreshing and wakes you up in the morning. All in all a good product. Thanks body shop!