August 21, 2014 | 1932 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Oil Face Wash from The Body Shop as part of the Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The face wash alone is $12. To start with, I have sometimes very oily skin & with that, naturally, I tend to break out. I like this face wash because it did clear up my skin & make it look better, but it worked slowly. It removes excess oils; however, because I have such oily skin, that doesn't last long haha

How long it look for me to see results almost discouraged me... that's probably because of its gentleness. Seeing my sister use it & see almost instant results, I was wondering what was taking SO long for me! Anyway, I used this once a day, at nighttime. This face wash has a (very) strong scent, but it does fade & I did get used to it. I truly do recommend this product & enjoy itómy only complaint was that it was slow-working.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Jessu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading a lot of good reviews on The Body Shop's website, I was really hoping for a product that would help with the pimples I got a few times a month. The very first time I used it I could feel this tingly sensation on my face that I liked (made me feel fresh) but that never happened again. I've been using this for maybe half a year, but it hasn't done anything special... it especially didn't help with the constant breakouts I kept getting. I've used products that were cheaper and worked better; I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by isflawless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Let's start with my skin type .... VERY Sensitive, acne-prone. Suffering and battling almost 8 years with acne (which has subsided for about a year now after visiting a dermatologist) I have always been hopeful to find the next best product(s) for my face yet skeptical due to fear of pore-clogging, over dryness/oiliness or just breakouts. I was using a tea tree face wash from a health store for over a years time, PM only, which I absolutely loved! Unfortunately it was a local store, I moved into the city and being a shopaholic I wandered into TBS one day out of simple interest. A sales associate recommended this for me, advising between the gel or the foaming one. I leaned toward the gel due to fact I know any foaming washes Can be drying, as can tea tree oil. Essentially, what I needed was something to balance my skin. Most commonly, my skin has always felt dry for the first while after washing however throughout the day tends to get a bit oily. (I'm sure contributing factors would include hair products and hand lotions coming in contact with face along with the makeup set on it, but I still need to treat my face as fairly as I can while keeping every part of my body happy!) I have been using this face wash for almost 7 months now and loved it from the start. It's helped absorb the excess oils I have on my face, deeply cleanses off extra makeup (after using my own makeup remover) and other impurities, while still being very gentle on my sensitive skin. I truly believe it has helped prevent future breakouts and slightly assisted with oncoming breakouts as well (usually due to diet, stress and hormonal changes). With that said, It's not a miracle product, as none are, and to truly treat your skin as royalty you really do need to formulate your own skin care regime. I actually loved it so much I went and bought the matching toner however once used everyday in combination, again PM only, during the dry Canadian winter months it lead to extreme dryness and flaking. I placed the toner aside to save for summer when my skin is prone to excess oil (as it still did a great job regardless), used a different brand of toner that is more moisturizing along with face lotion and the combination with the tea tree oil face wash has been spectacular!! I will continue to repurchase. I'm only halfway through the bottle as well.. A little does go a long way with this product! It's not cheap, nor is it TOO pricey but definitely worth every penny spent. I just wish it came in a pump. PS - I've heard it time and time again from professionals, it's okay to mix and match products to better suit your skins needs; this is most common need for combination and/or sensitive skin for finding your perfect balance :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It really works and is a more gentle approach at attacking acne naturally if you're sensitive to benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. I am pregnant and have oily and somewhat acne prone skin. when I found out I was preggers I had to stop using my usual stronger topical products because they are not recommended while pregnant. I had such bad flare ups as my hormones were going crazy during the first trimester and was miserable because none of the cleansers I was trying without these ingredients were doing anything to help my predicament. I stumbled into the body shop one day and they were having a sale. while I was browsing around I saw the whole tea tree line which appealed to me because I had done alot of research on tea tree and it being a natural antimicrobal approach to many things even acne and that it was ok to use while pregnant so I bought this cleanser and sure enough after about a week I definitely started seeing a difference! I am 6 months pregnant now and have been using it ever since. Despite a pimple showing up sparingly here or there my skin has a better look to it and is so much clearer than the mess it was looking like before I started using this. So yeah, I can say that I would consider repurchasing this product, it has worked out for me and the "minty-ness" of tea tree is really refreshing and wakes you up in the morning. All in all a good product. Thanks body shop!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always have a few spots and some oily areas on my face sometimes, so tried this. It left my skin feeling so tight, dry and uncomfortable. I dont know what type you would call my skin, acne prone but I dont specifically get spots in the t zone. It bubbled up well and was easy to use. Some might find the scent refreshing though not my favourite. Did not help my spots or skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I've tried all of TBS tea tree skincare line and this cleanser and the oil spot treatment are my faves. I love the smell of tea tree oil,it's so refreshing. Some think the smell is horrible but it's something you grow into especially when you associate tea tree = clear skin. I've finished 3 regular size bottles and several travel size. I used to have oily skin all over and this cleanser was my fave to use all year around. But my skin changed to more of a oily/combo so I only use the cleanser in the summer months or a few times a week for when my skin feels just "yucky". Great cleanser,love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jobson

I have very oily, acne prone skin and I am willing to try pretty much anything to help. I got this product in a package of three alongside the tea tree oil toner and lotion for only 20$ when normally all three products are worth nearly 50$! The woman working at the store said that it was a popular product and they had a hard time keeping it on the shelf.

This product did not work for me at all. It dried out my skin so much, and even after putting on the lotion my skin still felt dry and stiff. I ended up breaking out much much worse than normal. Thinking it may just have been a change of product breakout that I usually get, I stuck with the trio for about a month. It certainly reduced redness, but it was definitely causing more harm than good.

Finally, the smell of the stuff is horrible. You get use to it after awhile, but on first use it is a terrible scent !

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by l1nd53y

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for at least a year. The price is good and a little goes a long way. It's decent at removing makeup. I've begun to suspect though that this product is responsible for my face over-developing oil, because it dries it out so much. That uncomfortable, tight feeling. If you have oilier skin I suppose this may work for you, but I get pretty oily in the t-zone and this still dries me out. I just ordered DHC's cleansing oil and mild soap bar, and I'm hoping I'll like that regimen better.

My fiance really likes it though. I told him I was looking into something different and he told me I'd better still buy it for him, haha.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Ichigowish

Using the face wash made my skin dry and cracked when it is supposed to be gentle on the skin. It also made my face red and made my acne spread out. My face felt tight after usage. Using it in the morning made my skin dry and flaky. However, using it at night did not make my skin that way. It just made it more inflamed I guess. I will not buy this product again since it made me break out in just 3 days. Made my skin worse than it already was.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went on a huge whim and bought a bunch of the Body Shop's products from the Tea Tree line. I've heard great things about tea tree oil for acne, so that's why I got a bunch from the Body Shop to test out. They were also having a big sale at the time.

None of the products calmed my acne, including this cleanser. I didn't see any difference in using this cleanser and its toner. My face just kept breaking out, sometimes maybe even worse than it used to.. The smell is also annoying, but that's just tea tree oil's scent in general. Consistency is gel, but it foams if you lather it on your fingers prior to application.

I have had pretty bad acne for about 5 years now, been looking for my holy grail product that will treat my face. This is NOT it. I suggest using 100% pure tea tree oil found at the health food stores. Those are purely natural and actually works much better on my skin compared to this product.

I also find their website very deceiving as the reviews published are all very high-rated and positive.