The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 1/12/2015 1:11:00 AM

I bought this product simply because it has tea tree oil as the main ingredient but unfortunately this cleanser is not as good as I expect. Iy cleanses well but I hate the dry skin feeling after washing my face. Though it's not expensive , I will not buy this product again. Found nothing special in this product but I like how its smell

on 1/4/2015 3:15:00 AM

i have used this product for 4 years, after terrible acne and treatment from antibiotics, diet changes, roaccutane and chemical treatments, the best thing to happen to my skin is the body shop tea tree range.

i have used 5 bottles of this face wash in the 4 years and always keep a spare, it lasts forever, clears acne, washes away makeup perfectly and has a wonderful smell that just refreshes you and makes your skin FEEL clean for once. the only product that i've ever used that was better than this is the body shop squeaky clean tea tree face wash, but it doesn't last as long unfortunately and the bill adds up.

Received this in a set with the toner and moisturizing lotion for Christmas. Looking at the cleanser itself:

Pros
-Clears or minimizes pimples overnight
-Inexpensive; often goes on sale
-Leaves "clean skin" feeling

Cons
-Slight burning sensation
-Medicinal smell (personally not a fan)

if you're going to try this line, you must also use the moisturizer to get the full benefit of the regimen and to avoid drying out your skin. Toner is optional, but will review it and the lotion separately. Recommend only using on your really bad acne days, then using gentler products for better days.

on 12/8/2014 7:07:00 PM

I only use this cleanser around that time of the month which is when I break out, it's the only cleanser I've found that really clears up my skin as well as makes it feel clean and refreshed. I don't use it all the time though as it really dries out my skin. But definitely a holy grail product for when my skin's acting up

on 11/17/2014 8:54:00 PM

This dried my skin out very badly, and I can't say I got any less spots. The price, packaging and smell is good though, but it just didn't work out for my skin.

on 11/1/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this around 3 years ago but stopped for whatever reason. Recently I found it at the back of my cupboard whilst searching for something stronger than my Elizabeth's Daughter cleanser for my newly acne prone skin. I used this for the first week and immediately noticed I was less oily and less spotty, however after a while my acne came back and so I reduced my use to once a day rather than twice and that seems to work perfectly for me. It is rather harsh and could be drying if used twice, I use this with the seaweed toner and my oil&pores are virtually invisible and my skin is glowy and clear! Definitely a staple in my skin care routine as it clears my skin and reduces oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This has a medicinal smell that didn't appeal to me and is much to drying for my combination skin.

on 9/12/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I definitely wouldnt repurchase this. This irritate my skin like crap. I have extreeemely oily skin because i live in the equator and my country is 365 days of summer each year. I also have blemished skin so i thought this product will work for me but NO. I had high hopes for this line and brand. I dont know how it worked for the rest of people, i just think it's too harsh on any skin.

on 8/22/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about a month now. I an pretty impressed with this product because I saw results the next day! It minimized my pimples so much and my skin is just about clear thanks to this product! I never had bad skin before but a year ago my face broke out mainly on my forehead but now it's clear! When I applied this product it did not irritate my skin so I could use this product daily! Just on flaw about this product is that it also promises to prevent pimples from appearing but I have one or two pimples growing here and there :/ but I am teenager and my hormones are all over the place so I guess I can let it slide, hopefully this product can reduce those pimples!

on 8/6/2014 7:52:00 AM

I've been dealing with acne for awhile and I started using the higher end brands. I got Vichy and it was decent, but my mom bought me the body shop tea tree for my birthday and I didn't want to switch products again. I decided I'd try it, and after the first-second wash my skin was clearer. I saw visible results and I kept using it. It feels SOO fresh and smells amazing. It softens your skin and I prefer the gel cleanser rather than the foam. I find it's more stronger. I also went back to the body shop to get their tea tree gel spot treatment and it works amazing too. I wouldn't recommend getting the tea tree facial lotion if your skin dries out easily because that's what I found with my skin. so my new routine is the body shop facial cleanser, Vichy moisturizer and the spot gel. I don't even have to wear much makeup now, just to cover bags under my eyes :)