The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love most body shop tea tree products or oily skinned items but this is not a definite keeper for me. I found that I had to use a makeup remover before, (sometimes) after this and that is before I used the tea tea toner too (which btw is wonderful, a definite recommendation to you with oily or acne prone skin, removes all last traces of dirt or makeup excellently). But I don't like having to use several products just to be sure my makeup is removed completely including wash, toner, makeup remover, soap, etc. Other cleansers have done a far better job of removing the makeup perhaps by latherering better. This is extremely hard to lather well on ones face and recomoved next to no makeup on me. Still a very nice product, smells nice, gentle and from the tree tree range which has excellent toners and good face creams. and I would probably reccomend this to those with more sensitive skin.

on 3/18/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Don't be fooled by the claims of this product. Many of us know that tea tree oil is a benefit to have in a product, but the remaining ingredients in this product are terrible. They include SLS (a harsh soap cleanser which should be avoided, especially those with oily skin), alcohol (which can impair your skin's moisture barrier and overproduce oil), and of course artificial colouring which for no reason to be included. Additionally, this leaves that "squeaky clean" feel on your skin which isn't a good sign. This cleanser is a definite no for me.
And The Body Shop, why not use more natural ingredients and steer away from the harmful cheaper ones, won't ya?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this face wash.Its is treats my acne better then other cleansers. It isint very drying or hard on the skin.It helps to clear out my skin and give good foam.However I don't use this to remove my make up by itself. I use a makeup remover first.

on 3/2/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is THE perfect face wash for girls with acne prone skin OR oily skin. It does a good job in controlling my face from getting oily and it also prevents me from breaking out. I don't have skin which is loaded with acne; I break out once in a while. Though, this has really helped me in preventing those 'once in a while' breakouts. The only thing which I don't like is the smell, haha! Otherwise, it's a great face wash!

on 2/18/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have been using this face wash for ober two years now. tea tree oils has many properties for the skin. it has helped my blemishes and it leaves my skin feeling cleansed without drying it out.

on 2/14/2015 1:35:00 PM

Don't buy this expecting that it'll clear up bad skin. However, it does clean up oil and product residue effectively. It definitely won't remove makeup, because that's not the purpose of this cleanser. It's quite refreshing for people with oily skin, but will dry other skin types out.

on 2/13/2015 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the first face wash I used after stopping Proactiv. After realising all the chemicals and damaging effects they were having on my skin, especially drying it out so much, I opted for a more natural approach. I never had acne, just pretty bad pimples in my t-zone. I'm older now and get less breakouts, so I risked it and got this face wash after consulting the lady at the Body Shop. Along with the seaweed toner I think it is, and the seaweed moisturiser they're a match made in heaven! I use this every night and it does the job. It makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed, unlike Proactiv, which did the opposite. I love it. Other people might get a 'stinging' feeling, whereas I personally just get a lovely sensation. It's use to explain but I'm definitely not going back to anything else. I love it!! It's a life saver!! Also, smells great too, of course!

on 1/26/2015 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is the one. The only one that makes my skin glow like it never has before. I have tried every cleanser I can get my paws on, including pro-activ, lush, first aid beauty, fresh, clean & clear, etc. This one makes my skin look almost awesome naturally instead of pimply and nasty. I recently decided to try a different cleanser and took a two week break from this one, and after just three days of washing with this one again my skin is 1000x better. I love the smell of tea tree oil, and I always moisturize my face after washing it, so overall, this cleanser has no downside for me.

This review is for the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash that comes in a plastic bottle and smells vaguely of minty tea tree oil. The gel itself is greenish. After coming to love cream and oil cleansers, this feels so foamy and drying. I forgot how much I hate foaming facial cleansers, what with the bubbles always getting in my nose. I never used it get my makeup off (oil cleansers take the cake on that), but I can't imagine it doing a good job in that arena. I only ever used it to double cleanse as the second step, and only a tiny bit. It's cheap, which is great, but it's much too harsh for a face wash, even for oily skin. I ended up pouring the majority of the bottle out to use as hand soap because it was drying out my skin. Overall, not sure you'd want to use this to treat acne as it would probably just make it worse. Luckily for me, I'm only ever treating a pimple here or there during PMS and this wasn't my first line of defense/treatment. It didn't exacerbate my acne, but I didn't use it morning and night as my exclusive cleanser. Makes a great body wash or hand soap, though, lol.

on 1/13/2015 6:57:00 PM

Really made my skin sting. Felt like my skin was melting of my face, I don't usually have sensitive skin but this left my face bright red and so tight like someone was pulling my face back with hooks. Never again.