September 30, 2014 | 1784 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are HG material for me, as well as my favorite items from EM. I have sampled pretty widely from their selection of colors and finishes (matte, sheen and shimmery) and have only found one that turned more orangey on me than I would like (Snuggle). The rest have ranged from pretty to HG status on me, and I will continue to collect the larger sizes of the ones I love as well as sample more colors. Email Me is the perfect pink-beige, which I use like a bronzer on my fair skin in the summer months. Walkee Talkee is my favorite mid-pink berry blush. Pink Ribbons is an adorable baby pink shimmer, while Soft Touch is it's matte cousin. And New Car Smell is the most beautiful soft peach sheen I've ever tried. They are blendable, affordable and they never irritate my skin. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by zafiro80

Got this as a smaple from EDM in Snooze Bar and it is just the color i love for everyday.

Goes on smooth and stays on no itching and no fading.

loving it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by jandi

My absolute favorite thing from EDM is the blushes. They have a remarkable variety of colors, apply beautifully, and they are very reasonably priced as well. I preferred the mini size, no longer available, as the full size is enormous.

Some of my favorites:
- Snuggle
- Vikki's Radiant Creation
- Daydream
- Waffle Cone
- Nick Nack
- Morning Cup (the oddest and unique lavander brownish color, which even more oddly enough, works well as a contour shade)
- Apple

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by strickers

I love MMU. EDM has many different colors, and good prices for blushes. The blushes apply sheerly, and any powdery issues can be easily solved by spraying a makeup setting mist after.

The colors are not true to life, though, either on the website or in the pot. They always change as the day goes on, so it takes a little trial and error to see which work for you. It's always a fun surprise.

I like fiddling with my makeup, so this works for me. All the better excuse to buy more samples! (which are very generous sizes, might I add!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have Game Show, All Smiles, and Sunday Morning--all tending towards the peachy-shade family. Even Game show, which looks mauve, applies warm. High quality blush, but in order to find true pinks, I have to use Aromaleigh sonic blushes or BE fruit cocktail.No true pinks with EM. For reference, I have tan skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE EDM blushes! they come in so many colors and I especially am fond of the deeper colored ones like Deep Wine, Sunday Brunch. They are highly pigmented so I have to use a light hand, and the jar looks like they will last forever.

The only thing I complained is the jar design, it's impossible to bring it in your bag because the blush powder will spill out everywhere, including inside the lid of the jar, and when you open it, the powders will fly out! Awful design, I guess I'd be more into their pressed powder ones...

Definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

These don't last at all on me. The matt ones all turn the same dull orangey brown, and the shimmer ones color disappears away and leaves a shimmery mess everywhere. Also the color range isn't that wide despite there being so many shades. Most of them all look dull and too "natural". Fair skins need a light bright tone or clear bright medium blushes applied lightly, but most of EM's blushes are the same dull muddy tone (including Nick Nack and Soft Touch). The one color that works for me is "Light Pink", which is not found on the blush page, it is with the Lucent powders

Also, the Mica in the shimmer formulas make my cheeks super itchy. Never had this before in a cheek product, but I have heard other people complain about the same thing on the old message boards so I did some research. This may not bother some people but I was shocked to discover that Everyday Minerals uses the cheapest "sharp cut" type of mica. Cheap sharp mica is known to irritate skin and causes micro skin damage and redness with 1000's of tiny micro cuts in skin - sensitive skin people or people with roseacea may want to avoid :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bbygerkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All EDM blushes are highly pigmented, will last all day long, and depending on the size that was purchased, will last you forever. A little goes a long way. Their blushes come is so many colors to suit every skin tone and every personality. Do not pass up EDM! They are a wonderful company that treats their customers really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with other reviewers these blushes are amazing quality for the price, and I feel good knowing they don't contain any chemicals or talc. Smaller sizes are ridiculously cheap but you can also get a tiny little pot of blush with each Free sample kit, which is awesome. I personally have very fair neutral-toned skin (EM Sandy Fair or Mac NC/NW15) and rosacea. Some blushes can either make me look clownish or can pick up the red in my rosacea, but these never seem to. They are so subtle but can be layered, buffed or wetted to make them darker. Many of these blushes make good eye shadows.

Here are my color descriptions. Most of these are for the lighter colors due to my skin tone, but I've seen positive reviews for these same colors from women with fair-to-medium or even olive skin.

Note: the biggest complaint I've heard about EM blushes is that they turn orange on some people and there aren't enough cool-toned shades. I don't find that many of them go orange on me, but if you're cool-toned you may want to try the coolest colors rather than the neutral shades. I've also read that their lavender color-corrector can stop any of their blushes from turning orange if you apply it underneath.

--------------------
Matte shades: (No shine or shimmer yet give glowing color)

E-mail Me: Soft warm/neutral pinky beige. My favorite of all the EM blushes. It gives me a glow that seems like halfway between a blush and a bronzer. Evens out my skin rather than picking up red areas, even if I don't wear foundation. HG. Nice subtle eye shadow, too.

Nick Nack: Light warm pink -- a bit pinker than E-mail me. A very popular shade. Easy to apply light for a subtle look, or more for deeper color. My 2nd favorite blush.

Daydream: Neutral brown-toned beige. A little browner (less yellow) than EM's Soft Bronzer. A good bronzer. I mix this with Morning Cup as a contour shade.

Morning Cup: Unusual blush color, a very light cool brown with plum tones. Good as a contour or subtle eye shadow - it's a few shades lighter than Wildflowers for an eye shadow.

Soft Bronzer: Light beige shade with gold tones. A great subtle bronzer or all-over face color for fair skin. Gives a really natural-looking sunkissed glow.

Swimming Pool: Neutral light rosy brown. A bit dark for me but okay with a light hand and maybe in summer. A good bronzer for fair-medium skin -- I've never tried the Everyday Bronzer but I've heard that SP is a bit lighter and less warm/orange.

Weekend Getaway: Warm peachy beige. Another great cross between a blush and bronzer. Turns a bit orange on me but would work for warmer skin tones.

--------------------

Sheen shades (I would describe these as moderately shimmery rather than subtle -- no sparkle though -- but you can buff away most of the shimmer if you like):

Snuggle: Bright peachy-pink with shimmer that gets compared to Nars Orgasm. I have to apply this with a light hand as I'm so pale, but it's very pretty when I want to look like I'm actually wearing blush.

Back to School: Golden peach with subtle shimmer. The undertone is similar to Weekend Getaway. Very pretty in the pot but a bit blah on me, as it's possibly too warm.

Snooze Bar: Shimmery caramel beige. Too warm for me, but probably a nice subtle bronzer/blush for warm complexions.

Evening Out: Warm rosy brown with subtle shimmer. Too much red for me but would probably give a natural-looking flush on medium skin tones.

That's all the samples I've tried, I think. Sorry no swatches as I don't have them all still, but there are tons of swatches online (just do a Google image search "everyday minerals blush swatches"). The EM website also has pretty accurate photos now. Enjoy!

UPDATE: Just received some large size EM blushes and was delighted to see the container now has a sliding lid under the cover that you can use to seal off the holes so the powder doesn't spill into the lid when carrying it around - great for travel. Not sure if the small sizes have this - could contact EM through their website to ask.

Update: Added photos of swatches I found online in EM Forums posted by forum member Stephanielynn. They are great swatches - wish I'd had them when I first ordered!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i ordered Best Friends coz on the site it looks a nice rosy pink but its way too mauve :( i dont like plum/mauve blush
-------------------------------------------------

anyone who has tried a few of the EM blushes could you please message me on which one is a pink, and i mean like a real PINK shade, no mauve or brown, preferably matte. would really appreciate it coz its so hard to tell the colours from the site! x