Caress Caress Glowing Touch Body Wash

4.3

Water, Amino Methyl Propanol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 5 Cocamide, PPG 9, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Shea Butter), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etridronic Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, BHT, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985) (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005)

on 2/20/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure if this wash comes in different packaging, but the one I use which is Caress Glowing Touch Silkening Body Wash (w/ Shea Cream & Gentle Skin Brighteners) did not look like the picture, therefore, I uploaded a pic of what mine looks like :) ANYHOW...

I admit it, I like cheap cheap cheap body wash. I don't spend a lot of money on it because hey, it washes off, and I rely on more expensive lotions to keep my skin moisturized and perfume for smelling good (j'adore!). I think most bar soaps stink and hate how most moisturizing washes leave a filmy residue on my skin (keep in mind I cringe to pay more than $5 for any of this stuff). My HG used to be Dial body wash in Clean & Fresh or something of that nature, don't remember the true title because I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING ELSE AGAIN!! This body wash is SUPERB.
For starters, it smells fantastic. Not too heavy or flowery (yuck)..it's warm, yummy and nothing short of Heaven. It washes off completely clean and the remaining scent is only the slightest bit noticeable, which my boyfriend happens to go crazy for. Really sparkles in the bottle but does not leave behind any kind of glitter, which IMO would be disgusting. After using my skin is sooo silky, not "drenched" in moisture, just soft. The color is a buttery gold with tiny flecks of illumination which I truly believe bring out the gold undertones in my skin and when I'm paler, keep me from getting that "ham and cheese" look that at times rears its' ugly head on my thighs and upper arms (nothing to do with weight, sun damage, etc. Just how my skin is).
I ditched my shaving cream and now this wash does double-duty in the shower. It is quite rich but probably not moisturizing enough for very dry skin. In addition to a body scrub once or twice a week, this equals dewey, lit-from-within skin that you will just love. And even if you don't, guess what? You're only out like 6 bucks and you will probably end up using it as a shave gel, like i did :)

on 1/25/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite Caress body wash!! I have this one, Daily Silk and now Tahitian Renewal. Glowing Touch is my favorite because it smells amazing!! I can't quite describe what it smells like but it's so yummy! It is also really moisturizing and lathers very well with my bath mitt.. I will buy this over and over again! It's a staple in my shower..

on 11/16/2008 12:06:00 PM

In my opinion, this is the best drugstore body wash out there. The smell is amazing, that alone is a selling point for me. But it also lathers well, rinses cleanly and lingers on the skin afterward, the texture is nice too. I haven't really noticed a glow but I haven't really looked for one either. I will keep buying this as long as they keep making, I hope they never get rid of it. I haven't tried all the drugstore shower products out there, but I would suspect this is one of the best. After all it has a 95% approval rating here! I would give it 10 lippies if I could!

on 11/13/2008 2:47:00 PM

I love this stuff. It has a very rich, luxurious texture. It has a nice lather and a wonderful scent that lingers on my skin all day. The 'glow' is a very subtle shimmer that I notice sometimes on my arms and chest after I get out of the shower. However, I didn't buy the product for the glow; it was a reasonable price, it smells great and I love the texture. It also is pretty moisturizing.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaves my skin feeling sooooo Nice ;) and the scent lasts on me which is a HUGE plus. I will use this stuff Forever..It amazes me. I Love it!!!!!!!!! & The sparkles it leaves behind is pretty as well!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 4/5/2008 3:34:00 AM

I like to use this body wash in the warmer months because this really does make you shimmer. I can see glitter on my chest and have noticed it on my legs too. Looks pretty when the sun hits it. It is a decent moisturizer, with shea listed as one of the ingredients, and my skin does feel smooth afterwards. I can also smell it on my skin a few hours later. It has a very light yet noticable smell...smells very clean. Overall, great body wash.

I ran out to CVS one night in search of a body wash to keep at my boyfriend's apartment. I went in and looked for the cheapest thing they had (this was $4.99) so I bought it, not expecting much.. just a soap to use on the weekends.
I was pleasantly surprised. I LOVE the smell. And the smell stays on all day (never in my life have I had a shower gel that did that) I am really happy with it and will definatley repurchase.. even though my HG is BBW shower creme..

LOVE! I haven't purchased drugstore body wash in years b/c I stock up like mad during BBW and VS sales. Plus, drugstore washes tend to have sickening scents, or very poor fomulas that dry my skin out. This stuff is thick and luxurious. I love the scent-I can't describe it but it's just clean and pleasing. If they ventured out to a spray and lotion in the scent, I'd be the first in line buying it. Rebuy for sure!

I've used this a few times and I love the way it feels and I Love the scent of it. Aint my HG, but Will use it DEFINELTY.

EDIT 11/3/07': Just Used it again Today, and I just LOOVE this Scent...ooo YUM, smells soooooo GOOD!!! & I wouldnt mind re-purchasing it again for this type of smell..YUM!

EDIT 11/4/07': WOW, MY SKIN STILL SMELLS OF THIS..AWESOME!! OLAY DOESNT EVEN LAST ME INTO THE NEXT DAY (SCENT WISE.)

on 10/16/2007 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This has probably become my favorite shower gel. It lathers nicely and leaves my skin soft and clean. I love the scent too. I always try new bodywashes, but I always come back to this one.