November 23, 2014 | 1864 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil - all

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lavroxanna

It's too bad that they changed the packaging and the formula...I heard that this was a very good waterproof liner before, but I only got to try the newer version a couple of months ago and I couldn't understand what the hype was about. I have oily Asian monolid eyelids, so this smeared ALL OVER the place when I put it on. And tightlining? Forget it. I had racoon eyes about 2 minutes later just by blinking! I'm sad I never got to try the old formula. This is a creamy eyeliner but overall, I'm unhappy with its smudgeproof abilities and wear. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by AONeal79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging seems to have changed slightly, and unfortunately, the formulation seems to be different, too. It now glides on even more smoothly BUT does not stay put nearly as well as the old formula, which worked even on my very oily skin/lids. Very bummed - this used to be my HG eyeliner :(

If you can, see if you can buy the older formula with the word "WATERPROOF" surrounded by an oblong silver shape on the shaft of the pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eyeliner ever! I bought this in the summer the day before I was going to the beach, so I was just running into CVS and grabbed this because the product is waterproof. I tried it out and I was shocked at how creamy and pigmented it is, and it barely faded after a whole day of swimming and sweating! Ever since then I have worn it every day– I love it even more than my Chanel eyeliner! I definitely recommend it :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by lablanche

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had some CVS coupons and thought I'd give it a try. All my eyeliners seemed to go kaput at the same time, so I thought I'd try one, a nice, dark navy blue. I loved my Mac waterproof, but needed to find a cheaper alternative when it ran out.

I loved it! It went on easy without primer and stayed all day. So I went out and got the dark plum, loved the colour but it crumbled as soon as I tried it. I couldn't even sharpen it and I tried two different sharpeners. It was a beautiful colour but a bad, bad pencil. I exchanged it and the new pencil is just fine. The wood in the new one was a light golden tan, the defective one was a dark greyish-blue.

I would have given the product a 5 if the second pencil hadn't been defective.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ifallingforyou

I got this product I think it was in a purple. This product did smudge on me and it was like as waterproof as it said it would be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

For a 3$ eyeliner, this performs very well. It really is pretty good in terms of staying power, better than many higher cost drugstore liners. I do think a few brands surpass this and will generally stick with them, but this is definitely a great inexpensive alternative when I can't find my preferred eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by meliadfun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

so, i've been cycling through the waterproof pencil eyeliners. i had settled on the smashbox limitless. i liked the pigments, but it still didn't have the set i wanted. even with primer and powder, i still had the runny smudge toward the end of the day. my skin is also a bit mature (dry), so i'm super conscious about any pulling the can result in 'wrinkle assist.' point being, at $20 a pop...the smudging just didn't scream 'yay'...and the tugging to clean up the smudge was creating some concern. so, playing around at the drugstore i picked up the nyc in smoked plum and dark brown. and for $4, no runny smudge and no tugging touch-ups! wahoo!!! i've given these 4 lippies, cause it's only day one. they lasted all day and endured the gym and the sauna, but i haven't done a late night or clubbing. dirt cheap, yep. (especially with what i spend on makeup!) packaging quality, well...i wish it had a sharpener. at this point, i'll buy it again...

EDIT: so, i'm hooked. i've bought all the colors. they continue to hold all day and into the night. i do do a little touch up before heading out, but there's not runny smudge. i do wish they had more colors and colors with sparkle. i do set with powder after application.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by gluk1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this eyeliner in black, and it is the best eyeliner I've found. It's waterproof, and glides very easily. The color payoff is very good, and it's easy to smudge. You can get away with wearing it for most of the day without primer. The only things I don't like about it is that it's not a good pencil for lining your waterline, and that you need to sharpen it, but that's a small price to pay for the quality you get and the price. I have this in smokey plum too, which is also a great eyeliner that doesn't budge even without primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I regret not buying more than one of these when I spotted them! I got mine for a little less than $5 CDN which is crazy cheap for a good eyeliner :) I've only tried 3-4 products from this brand, and so far I only like this one and their bronzer (although if not careful it is a bit orangey).

I wasnt expecting much color pay-off or lasting power, but i still wanted to try an NYC pencil liner, so I purchased it. To my surprise, I got this creamy and rich product! I used it on my upper lash line (rarely tight line or put liner on my waterline because i'm a contact lens wearer), and after a few hours, it did fade a bit with a tad bit of smudging, but it has terrific lasting power compared to all the other pencil liners ive tried before, and i've tried over 20 from high-end and drugstore.

I know for a fact that these are not completely waterproof, but they are def water-resistant. However, thats okay with me because I dont need a $5 liner to be the best. This would also make a nice eye shadow base if the liner is smudged and blended quickly :)

I mainly use this for when i'm in a rush to get to school on time. I don't have loads of time fussing with primer and then gel liner and then a powder shadow over it to prevent the gel liner from creasing/smudging.
For a more important occasion, I would spend more time on makeup.

If I have time, Ill go buy most if not all the shades, and I suggest giving it a try. I do not recommend these on the water line, but even if you buy this for that purpose and don't like it and ends up in the trash, it wont hurt your wallet :) Good Luck!

EDIT: couldnt find other shades, but bought a back-up in the shade "Mink". The only reason I knocked off a lippie was due to the ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You get what you pay for. Dirt cheap product speaks for itself, looks nice but does not work well for my waterline. No color pay off after trying to apply it several times. I swatched it on my hand and it seemed to work for my hand, why not on my eyes? Its going back, prefer Revlon Colorstay over this piece of crap.