April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil - all

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ifallingforyou

I got this product I think it was in a purple. This product did smudge on me and it was like as waterproof as it said it would be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

For a 3$ eyeliner, this performs very well. It really is pretty good in terms of staying power, better than many higher cost drugstore liners. I do think a few brands surpass this and will generally stick with them, but this is definitely a great inexpensive alternative when I can't find my preferred eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by meliadfun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

so, i've been cycling through the waterproof pencil eyeliners. i had settled on the smashbox limitless. i liked the pigments, but it still didn't have the set i wanted. even with primer and powder, i still had the runny smudge toward the end of the day. my skin is also a bit mature (dry), so i'm super conscious about any pulling the can result in 'wrinkle assist.' point being, at $20 a pop...the smudging just didn't scream 'yay'...and the tugging to clean up the smudge was creating some concern. so, playing around at the drugstore i picked up the nyc in smoked plum and dark brown. and for $4, no runny smudge and no tugging touch-ups! wahoo!!! i've given these 4 lippies, cause it's only day one. they lasted all day and endured the gym and the sauna, but i haven't done a late night or clubbing. dirt cheap, yep. (especially with what i spend on makeup!) packaging quality, well...i wish it had a sharpener. at this point, i'll buy it again...

EDIT: so, i'm hooked. i've bought all the colors. they continue to hold all day and into the night. i do do a little touch up before heading out, but there's not runny smudge. i do wish they had more colors and colors with sparkle. i do set with powder after application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by gluk1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this eyeliner in black, and it is the best eyeliner I've found. It's waterproof, and glides very easily. The color payoff is very good, and it's easy to smudge. You can get away with wearing it for most of the day without primer. The only things I don't like about it is that it's not a good pencil for lining your waterline, and that you need to sharpen it, but that's a small price to pay for the quality you get and the price. I have this in smokey plum too, which is also a great eyeliner that doesn't budge even without primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I regret not buying more than one of these when I spotted them! I got mine for a little less than $5 CDN which is crazy cheap for a good eyeliner :) I've only tried 3-4 products from this brand, and so far I only like this one and their bronzer (although if not careful it is a bit orangey).

I wasnt expecting much color pay-off or lasting power, but i still wanted to try an NYC pencil liner, so I purchased it. To my surprise, I got this creamy and rich product! I used it on my upper lash line (rarely tight line or put liner on my waterline because i'm a contact lens wearer), and after a few hours, it did fade a bit with a tad bit of smudging, but it has terrific lasting power compared to all the other pencil liners ive tried before, and i've tried over 20 from high-end and drugstore.

I know for a fact that these are not completely waterproof, but they are def water-resistant. However, thats okay with me because I dont need a $5 liner to be the best. This would also make a nice eye shadow base if the liner is smudged and blended quickly :)

I mainly use this for when i'm in a rush to get to school on time. I don't have loads of time fussing with primer and then gel liner and then a powder shadow over it to prevent the gel liner from creasing/smudging.
For a more important occasion, I would spend more time on makeup.

If I have time, Ill go buy most if not all the shades, and I suggest giving it a try. I do not recommend these on the water line, but even if you buy this for that purpose and don't like it and ends up in the trash, it wont hurt your wallet :) Good Luck!

EDIT: couldnt find other shades, but bought a back-up in the shade "Mink". The only reason I knocked off a lippie was due to the ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You get what you pay for. Dirt cheap product speaks for itself, looks nice but does not work well for my waterline. No color pay off after trying to apply it several times. I swatched it on my hand and it seemed to work for my hand, why not on my eyes? Its going back, prefer Revlon Colorstay over this piece of crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

As a general rule, I hate kohl-type eyeliners. I find them too waxy or hard, and the color is never true on me. I picked up this NYC Waterproof Eyeliner by accident, thinking I was buying an automatic eyeliner, and had I not been down to a nubbin on Prestige automatic liner, I would have taken this back to Rite Aid toute de suite.

I'm glad I gave this a try! The pencil I tried was black, and the black is a basic, true black that does not look grayish on me. The formula is even softer than the automatic pencils I'm accustomed to, yet it can create a fine, delicate line. What's more, I can actually pencil in between my lashes and on my waterline with this, something I have never been able to do with ANY eye pencil.

I took off one lippie because the color does seem to fade, but only after six hours or more. Also, when the temperature in the house is warm, the liner often gets too soft to work with. For the price and the ease of application, that's something I'm willing to live with - after all, I can reapply!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Sucks. When i didn't know any better, or actually, when i felt guilt that i was basically wasting my dad's hard-earned money on unnecessary stuff, i would get this. I knew it wasn't good quality ( hard to apply, fades, poor pigmentation) but my priority was basically to get my makeup fix but not waste money. Now i know better: if budgeting is a concern, please spend just a few bucks more to get covergirl liquiline, for example. or any better quality product. This one is a total waste whereas if u spend just a bit more at least you will get more use out of it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by coralfever23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have used this in black everyday for yeeears, just because it's super cheap and gets the job done. But now that I have the funds to go for more expensive brands, I don't think I'll ever be coming back to it because I HATE how the color starts to fade after about four hours. I have super oily lids and watery waterlines, so I always have to put powder on underneath. It is very soft and gentle, and actually quite waterproof too. I have cried in this, swum in this, been rained on in this, and it holds up reasonably well, especially for the price. I just can't stand how it turns grayish after just a few hours. But like I said, this has been my go-to eyeliner for several years, and if I repurchased that many times then it's still got to be decent. And my skin is also really uncooperative, so I'm sure it will be fine for most of you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by lol392

lmao this is actually my first eyeliner! purchased on a whim because it was cheap and i'm pleased to see the positive reviews here!

it doesnt smudge on me except my waterline/lower lashline because i have really watery rims...

easy to apply (creamy) and i actually like how its shorter...fits better lol