September 1, 2014 | 1250 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Liquid Lift Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference, I am a sun-damaged NW10 (hard to match!) and no.11 was a perfect shade match. The next palest shade is #1, and it is significantly more yellow. No. 11 is truly pinky if that is what you seek, and it is a perfect match for NW10 with significant pink/blue undertones. Applied carefully, I get high medium coverage, very evened skin tone, and barely the need for concealer. The finish is actually more matte than dewy, which is interesting because this formula has the reputation of being moisturizing. MUFE HD is lighter coverage, lighter feeling formula with a more dewy finish. Liquid Lift is MUFE's option for "mature" skin that wants more coverage than HD. Surprisingly, Liquid Lift is just okay, but not great on dry skin IME. It is nice applied over my regular day moisturizer though. Also, I have no problems layering this over my SS either. It is quite tenacious and lasts all day without even a setting powder. For best application, I've found I have to work quickly and carefully by facial area. This is because the foundation immediatly adheres to any texture flaw on your face, from peach fuzz to a dry patch. So in using this on my forehead (where I have some skin discoloration), I use the most product and work with my fingers to spread and blend, which seems to warm up the formula and make it more workable for a short time. I have to be careful to not apply too much or I will end up with it quickly caked in my hair line or any stray light hairs above my eyebrows. It also dries and looks streaky if you don't blend super fast. The final finish looked dull and a bit mask-like the first time I wore it because I applied too much all over. Less is more with this one! I found it best to use more in the areas I need extra coverage (forehead), but just sheer out a little (more like applying a crème formula) across my cheeks and rest of my face. I like to mix a bit of illuminator for my cheeks. Conclusion: Applied with a light hand and set with an illuminating, the effect is quite natural and nearly flawless even on dry skin. Pinky NW10s with mature skin, I can't find a better color match than the #11 Liquid Lift, and I've searched high and low. In spite of some application difficulties, too me, this foundation is worth the trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkMademoiselle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I finally plunked down the dough for a bottle and while I think $44 dollars is quite steep, I could easily spend as much in a fruitless effort fto find a cheaper alternative. So, even though this is the most I've ever spent on a bottle of foundation, it's also the best one I've tried. First, I have dry skin that needs lots of moisture. Liquid Lift is a moisturizing formula that feels good on all day. Second, I break out from most foundations, but somehow this not caused any pimples or clogged pores. Third, I'm pale (NW15) and color matching can be difficult. Shade #11 is spot on. Now, let's talk about the formula... it's medium to full coverage with a natural finish, easily blendable with fingers, sponge, brush you name it. The best part is that it looks completely natural, like my skin but better. No obvious pores, streaks or cakiness. Yup, I'm pretty happy with this one, I think it's a keeper and I see myself buying it again and again. Thank you MUFE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by pastizzi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally I found my HG foundation.
1. Perfect colour for my too pink to be yellow and too yellow to be pink neutral skin. The MUA chose #2 for me which I thought would be too light bc of the name (ivory) but it is perfect. For reference I am NW25 or NC30 in MAC. It has not oxidised on me so I don't look like I am wearing a mask. (I love MAC foundations but I always end up looking either too orange or too pale).
2. Looks amazing on your skin. I tried the MUFE HD and hated how it looked (in my opinion the HD sits on your skin, makes pores bigger) Not this, it looks beautiful on and your face just looks perfect. Not completely matte or dewy -somewhere in between. The website states it lifts and is suitable for 'mature' skin - I agree as it smooths out fine lines.
3. Coverage: medium to full. Very buildable. I personally do not like putting it on very full but you definitely can.
I think this is also the foundation that Kim Kardashian orginally named on her blog. Liquid Lift was discontinued for awhile but they have brought it back.
I love it and if you are having a problem finding the perfect foundation, run don't walk to the nearest Sephora and get a sample. You will not regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by LilyVanBordell

I really like this product!I have dry(it is really not drying my skin,it's hydrating and it doesn't crease or look cakey) sensitive skin with acne and a bit of redness and discoloration.I have tried many foundations but this one is the best of 'em all!It gives me natural looking effect,like I am not wearing any foundation it,blends great with my skin,it's light-it doesn't feel heavy on my skin.It doesn't break my out or irritate my skin. It gives me medium coverage,it evens out my skin tone covers most of my redness and acne,blemishes...It's lightly scented which is not so bad since people always compliment how I smell nice(even when I don't have perfume on).If u have skin like mine I'd totally recommend u buy this product(I don't know for oily skin though),you will just need to put a bit of primer so that it does't come off and it stays on longer,and looks even better and after it a bit of concealer on bigger acne,acne scars or redder areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cittycat234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing. I have been using this for the past 3 years. Unfortunately they discontinued the No. 6 which was a perfect match to me. Apart from that I now use No. 5 and blend giorgio armani sheer fluid no. 3 to give that dewy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Abss

I got this about a week ago but I already LOVE IT!!!!! I am extremely pale and I could never find a color light enough for me but I finally found it with this foundation!!
This foundation is amazing!! I've got tons of compliments since I've started using it!
I would say its probably light to medium coverage. I use about 3-4 pumps in each use. (More than I would like but I'm working on using less!)
If you like a lot of coverage or you have a lot of acne this may not be for you. But if you have a good concealer this for your problem areas its still perfect. Its exactly what I have been looking for. Not tons of coverage but enough to cover my redness! If i have a pimple or two I will just use my concealer!
This has not broken me out at all!!! Which is awesome!! of course!
The price is 41$ which isn't horrible but I wont be using it on the weekends and on breaks (unless I'm going somewhere nice!) The price is definitley making me want to use 3 pumps MAX! but I have to work on that!!
Love this foundation! Definitley will repurchase!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by anbheanog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to try a MUFE foundation, I had intended buying HD foundation as I had heard good things about it, however when I told the make up artist that I had very dry skin she recommended this one to me. She also colour matched me and although I am quite pale (NC 20) the colour she choose for me was too pale and too pink (the number came off the bottom so Im not sure which colour it is) so right from the start this foundation looked a little funny on my skin, My second problem was that althought this foundation was given to me because of my dry skin I found it didn’t help at all and just sat on my skin and it clings to dry patches. I do not think that this foundation is long lasting at all, I wore it to work today and it had worn off by half one. I have to say for a product of its price I was disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Bluehope

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first foundation, and I'm happy to say it didn't break me out like I'd feared.
I used to be thinking potential HG, love the consistency, coverage falls short though. It's smooth but not way too thick, It doesn't feel caky, but then again I don't build it up a lot.
I'd recommend building it up in layers, and not using a lot per layer, as it can go blotchy pretty easily.
Great longevity, stays on my face all day and is easy to wash off at night. Love the packaging, the pump is a great way to control how much your using.
I'm a #9, ivory, and the color fits my face perfectly. They have a great range of colors.
If your looking for matte, this isn't the foundation for you. Without setting powder, it's not matte at all, and with it only lasts a while.
The coverage is okay, it won't cover my freckles, will cover redness and make your skin even toned. Settles into smile lines though, which is annoying. I'd buy this again, but it's not perfect to the point where I'd stop looking for new foundations.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I had read so many reviews and raves on multiple websites (not to mention KK said it was her fav). I shelled out the $40 @ my local sephora and although I like it, I don't LOOOOVE it. I got it in #127 and since it has a yellow base, it cancels out the redness around my nose and chin. I apply it with a sephora brush for coverage, but I have to say, I need to really work it on in order for it to look right- I think i will either use my fingers next time or just a cosmetic sponge. As far as the coverage goes, it does a good job covering up MOST of my imperfections, hyperpigmentation and red spots, but I still need to use a concealer for my darker spots on my cheeks. I don't like the fact it tends to flake by the end of the day, although I use not only a primer, but also a powder to set it. I may need to play around with it to see what combo works best for my combo/dry skin. I love the pump feature and wish all of my foundations come in a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Leonidas

Love this foundation.
It's very easy to apply. I generally use 3 pumps of it for my whole face and neck but I do realize that I could use just 2. It's a creamy texture that glides on super fast and evenly.
The coverage is very good, I have loads of pinkish acne scars on my chin and this covers them perfectly without having to cake it on. If I get a new pimple (which is darker red) I just dab a teeny little bit more on like you would do with concealer. I also add a bit more for my faint under-eye circles.

The SA said this was good for dry skin. I don't really know where I stand on that. Generally I apply plenty of moisturizer before putting the foundation on but some times I'm too lazy to moisturize and I feel that the foundation is a bit harder to apply, it doesn't glide as easily, but you still get good coverage and it doesn't cake. It just takes a bit more work.

The colour is quite natural although it's not an exact match with my skin colour (they don't have the correct colour for me.. boo *snif*) I think it's a tad too dark and slightly too pink but no one seems to notice it and a lot of people tend to think I'm not wearing foundation at all (in a good way!-- I hope)

The packaging: it's a bottle with a pump on top. There's plenty of product in it (30ml--1.01fl.oz). My bottle lasts several months and although it's quite expensive (IMO) there is more product than the YSL foundation I used to buy so overall I'd say it's cheaper...
I'm on my 3rd bottle right now.
So the main reason I gave this a 4 is there is no exact match for my skintone and you def need to moisturize before using this (well you should anyway no matter the foundation). Other than that, a great foundation.