April 20, 2014 | 1303 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Sonia Kashuk - Remove

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye makeup remover is sufficient. However, every morning after using this product at night, I find a smudge of makeup under my eyes, and I don't use more than 2 coats of non-waterproof mascara on any given day, and only 1/3 of the time do I use dark eyeliner.

I also have a bone to pick about the packaging -- I wish the bottle either had a little squirt top, or most ideally a pump. As it is, I tip the bottle upside down and dispense some on a cotton pad, or tip the bottle sideways and dip a Q-tip inside. For the cotton swab, this is an okay method, but on more than one occasion I've accidentally dropped my cotton swab inside the bottle, and it's practically impossible to fish out.

Finally, if I get too much product on the cotton pad, which is easy to do when you're just sloshing the bottle upside down, the formula does sting my eyes a bit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The only other eye makeup remover I've tried is Neutrogena. Compared to that one, this seems to remove eye makeup better but it can leave your vision a little less than clear.
Overall, its fine but when its gone, I will try something else

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by miszjackie

liked it at first but now, i feel like it is giving me premature wrinkles under my eyes? Not sure why but I think it is because it leaves behind makeup causing me to wipe the area more. Im going to find something that is more effective at removing my eye makeup without having to rub/wipe the area so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by JSFrevel

Great eye makeup remover! Leaves a touch of oil, but not so much that you can't redo makeup quickly and takes off even waterproof mascara well. Have repurchased this several times and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this eye makeup remover because it can take off waterproof mascara, does not sting the eyes, and does not leave an oily residue behind. I have to soak the cotton pad a lot to make sure I don't still have residue leftover, but that might just be because I use waterproof, so it's a little more stubborn. I do think it's a bit pricey for a "drugstore" version, so that would be my only complaint. I'll probably still try out some other brands, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like it. It would leave mascara residue behind. And would leave my eye feeling too oily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wear waterproof mascara so need a special make-up remover separate from my face cleanser to take the wp mascara off completely. On my face, I use CereVe Foaming Facial cleanser & I typicaly use baby-oil soaked onto a tissue to remove eye make-up. Baby oil is dirt cheap & it works but it's also a bit messy. It always leaves yukky globs of oil in my eyes which float around in there for about 15 minutes after using which I HATE. I saw that Sonia Kushak's Remove was getting good reviews here on MUA so I decided to try it. It did a good job removing the wp mascara but no better than baby oil. I still used CereVe on my face so my main use for this was to remove my eye make-up & although I must say that I didn't end up w/ globs of oil in my eyes after cleansing (which really impressed me), I did end up w/ a bit of a dry, stinging sensation in & around my eyes that lasted until the next day. I guess I can't win! I decided that globs of oil in my eyes for 15 minutes is less uncomfortable than the stinging sensation for a day so it's back to baby oil for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by wafflepanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eye makeup remover! When my favorite Victoria's Secret liquid eye makeup remover got discontinued, I had to search for one that was similar. My friend recommended this product to me and it works like a charm. It removes all the makeup and the formula isn't harsh around your eyes. It's a pretty big bottle and it lasts for quite some time. For about $10 I think it's worth getting. I'm just about finished with my second bottle, will buy my 3rd one soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sarahmorgan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great eye makeup remover. It removes my Shiseido Lash Expander Frame Plus mascara, which is the most resilient and long wearing mascara I've owned......I used to remove my eye makeup with jojoba oil but I didn't like the residue it left. I highly recommend this eye makeup remover for those of you who wear very waterproof/smudgeproof mascara and have sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I had previously been using Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and liked it a lot, but I don't like purchasing cosmetics through a consultant or online. When I started to run low, I did some research, found these reviews and finally picked up a bottle to try out. It works just as well, if not better, than the Mary Kay stuff. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes and it didn't bother me at all. Plus you get a bit more product for less money.
I only wish the bottle had a smaller opening (like a pin-hole, squeeze bottle opening) so you have better control over how much of the liquid you get on the cotton pad, but it's not that big of a deal, not enough for me to knock it down any lower than 5 lippies. It works too well for it to not earn a solid 5.