Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/22/2013 1:09:00 AM

Works very well on my sensitive eyes. It's gentle and effective. It's almost as effective as Lancome's eye makeup remover, but at a fraction of the price. A good, reliable product.

on 8/19/2013 8:49:00 PM

I bought this thinking it was a good value but was sorely disappointed. It takes
a long time to remove my eyemakeup with this! And it still leaves a residue, like
little dark shadows. I will not buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was trying to find a cheaper alternative to my MAC pro eye makeup remover and decided to give this a try. This is literally the worst thing you could put near your eyes.
Irritation doesn't begin to describe the amount of stinging & pain I felt when I used this, and of course 1 swipe alone doesn't work. A waste of $6, plus the cost of visine.

on 8/4/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used Neutrogenas makeup remover for years but decided to try this since I had a coupon. This stuff is terrible, it removes my eye makeup (even waterproof mascara) but it takes me twice as long! It irritates my eyes and to top it off, it leaves my eyelids sticky! I have to go back in with a damp cotton pad to remove the residue. Definitely wont repurchase!!

on 7/29/2013 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What on earth happened? I swear I used to use this stuff years ago and it was a decent product, with the "cushiony" feel of an oily-type makeup remover. Now? It's thin and watery - and another poster's "alcohol" feeling is not far off - and it stings like mad. Just awful.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Smells like rubbing alcohol. Feels like rubbing alcohol. Probably does a worse job removing makeup than alcohol - there is actually nothing about this product I like. It did not take off anything I had on my eyes, stung like hell, and the smell lingers. I hope I can take it back because plain water works better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Removes all makeup without feeling greasy.

what i like about this makeup remover
consistency
smell
gentle on skin
packaging
removes all of my eye makeup: eye liner, mascara, and eye shadow
inexpensive
safe for contact users

on 5/9/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This eye makeup remover is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Don't waste your money on it! It stings like hell!!

on 4/8/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and at first absolutely hated it because like many others have said, it really stun my eye and didn't seem to do a good job of removing even my non-waterproof mascara and eye liners off. I would give this product a negative 5 score if I could then.

That being said, I did not want to waste the bottle (even if it was on sale). It's bought with hard earned money still. So I experimented with using different amounts and have actually come to like it quite a bit for certain circumstances. Here's what I found to work:

1) do NOT soak your remover pad through with this to the point of dripping because it's too much and the excess is what gets squeezed into your eye and cause the stinging. Instead, opt for a damp/lightly moistened cotton pad. Or even better, use a lint free pad. A little goes a LONG way with this.

2) Place the pad over your eye and just apply gentle pressure and hold it in place with your hand. This allows the product to soak into your lashes for 10-15 seconds. Then wipe away in one smooth/firm stroke. You will likely have to go back in and wipe a few more times, but 80% of the makeup should come off this way with the first wipe. The trick is not to push too hard or else the remover will get into your eyes and sting.

3) works very well on waterproof liners (I used it on L'Oreal Colour Stay gel liner), but does not seem to work as well on non-waterproof mascara for some reason (CoverGirl lash blast). I'm OK with this on most days because after I remove the liner the rest comes off easily with cleanser and water.

4) like I said before, a little goes a long way. because so little product is needed (particularly with the lint free pads), I will actually get great life/use out of this product.

So, overall, would I buy it again, maybe, but likely not as my only remover, and only when it goes on sale. I'm sure there are other oil free options out there that doesn't sting like this one. I will still opt for my Maybelline remover for the heavy duty cleaning required on a night out. But, If you already bought it and don't want to waste it, I hope the above tips will help salvage some of the product.

on 12/21/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'd like this product to be taken off the shelves already. It requires multiple swipes to remove even non-waterproof eye makeup and it stings! I'm left with bloodshot eyes with remnants of smeared liner and mascara still clinging to my eyelids and waterline. Ugh. Worst makeup remover ever!