April 20, 2014 | 959 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Removes all makeup without feeling greasy.

what i like about this makeup remover
consistency
smell
gentle on skin
packaging
removes all of my eye makeup: eye liner, mascara, and eye shadow
inexpensive
safe for contact users

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by jacquie649

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This eye makeup remover is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Don't waste your money on it! It stings like hell!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by yliang26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart and at first absolutely hated it because like many others have said, it really stun my eye and didn't seem to do a good job of removing even my non-waterproof mascara and eye liners off. I would give this product a negative 5 score if I could then.

That being said, I did not want to waste the bottle (even if it was on sale). It's bought with hard earned money still. So I experimented with using different amounts and have actually come to like it quite a bit for certain circumstances. Here's what I found to work:

1) do NOT soak your remover pad through with this to the point of dripping because it's too much and the excess is what gets squeezed into your eye and cause the stinging. Instead, opt for a damp/lightly moistened cotton pad. Or even better, use a lint free pad. A little goes a LONG way with this.

2) Place the pad over your eye and just apply gentle pressure and hold it in place with your hand. This allows the product to soak into your lashes for 10-15 seconds. Then wipe away in one smooth/firm stroke. You will likely have to go back in and wipe a few more times, but 80% of the makeup should come off this way with the first wipe. The trick is not to push too hard or else the remover will get into your eyes and sting.

3) works very well on waterproof liners (I used it on L'Oreal Colour Stay gel liner), but does not seem to work as well on non-waterproof mascara for some reason (CoverGirl lash blast). I'm OK with this on most days because after I remove the liner the rest comes off easily with cleanser and water.

4) like I said before, a little goes a long way. because so little product is needed (particularly with the lint free pads), I will actually get great life/use out of this product.

So, overall, would I buy it again, maybe, but likely not as my only remover, and only when it goes on sale. I'm sure there are other oil free options out there that doesn't sting like this one. I will still opt for my Maybelline remover for the heavy duty cleaning required on a night out. But, If you already bought it and don't want to waste it, I hope the above tips will help salvage some of the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'd like this product to be taken off the shelves already. It requires multiple swipes to remove even non-waterproof eye makeup and it stings! I'm left with bloodshot eyes with remnants of smeared liner and mascara still clinging to my eyelids and waterline. Ugh. Worst makeup remover ever!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bottle is attractive. That's it for Pro's. The liquid says fragrance-free. It should say "no added fragrance" because it STINKS like a chemistry lab. And it doesn't work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I got this nearly free at CVS because of sales and coupons, at a time when I was low on makeup remover. I hadn't researched it but figured with the steep discount, I'd try it. Wish I had my reciept because this is as useless as the Simple eye makeup remover... as about effective as water. This product doesn't remove even non-waterproof, non-longwearing, non-heavy/dark eye makeup. Rather, it smears it around and requires about 3 saturated cotton pads to remove roughly half of my light, regular eyemakeup. It doesn't even remove Almay mascara! Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely not made for sensitive eyes. It feels like you just poured nail polish remover into your eyes.

While it does take off eye makeup, the intense and uncomfortable burning and drying sensations are absolutely not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

WHAT THE !!!! My mom gave me this because it irritated her, well she's not the only one!! I also thought this was like nail polish remover!! Almay, seriously!?!?! This stuff BURNED! I'm glad this didn't damage my eyes worse. Hypo-allergenic my ass. This shit is BAD! Stay far FAR AWAY!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

I had to use this for a week while staying at a friend's house. It hurt my eyes, was very drying, and smelled like acetone. I actually had to ask to make sure she hadn't filled the bottle with nail polish remover instead of make-up remover. (Definitely not. Yay! I'm not blind!) After a few tries, I decided it was better to not wear eye makeup than to keep using this remover. Sure, I have kinda sensitive skin, but this was especially unpleasant. There are many drugstore products that are much better. Or if you want a quick eye-makeup remover, use warm olive or coconut oil. it stings a tiny bit, but gets the job done and won't irritate your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this but I prefer the pads, I got the bottle because I thought that it would last longer. i feel that I need to use a few cotton balls to get the makeup off, but with the pads i only use one, so idk if it will actually last longer.