September 23, 2014 | 1965 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used up all my Clinique eye makeup remover but I was broke at the time, so I went to the drugstore and bought this one. Almay products were half price and this eye makeup remover claimed to be gentle and moisturizing. Bad decision!

The first time I used it, I felt like there was an oil slick on my eyes. My vision was blurry for a couple minutes afterwards. This stuff feels like straight mineral oil. Disgusting.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by umave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know about this product. It's pretty much just oil to me. I think you'd get the same effects if you used your basic kitchen extra virgin olive oil..

I will not buy again. Even though it can break down and remove make up pretty well, I can't stand how gross, nasty, oily, shiny, and heavy my face feels after using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by BeautySquadPro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews unless it is a product that I used to the last drop, and I used the entire bottle of this terrible eye makeup remover. This eye makeup remover is terrible for my eyes, as it makes them red, watery, and itchy. I find it a bit painful to use this remover, to be honest.

The formula is a bit oily and leaves a film, that I sometimes find difficult to take off completely. The effect it has on my eyes requires me to follow up with Visine drops, or else face having red eyes for a few hours. I do not like this product, at all. Do not recommend, if you have sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by langway

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This shit is VERY oily. It doesn't bother me because I give my face a thorough wash afterwards anyway. But yeah. It removes my makeup and that's all I want out of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almay's Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover is America's #1 Makeup Remover, apparently.This makeup remover is mineral oil based, but is also available in an oil free version, which I have not tried. The formula features aloe, cucumber, and green tea and is 100% fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Almay products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA. They are also dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested. I purchased my 4 fl oz bottle at Ulta for a little less than $6. I purchased this because I was tired of Avon's Moisture Effective makeup remover and all of it's suck.
Packaging for Almay's Moisturizing Makeup Remover is a clear plastic bottle with a white screw on cap. The cap is like the childproof kind on medicine bottles. Dislike, its kinda hard for me to take off. The blue and white label features images of cucumber slices and aloe leaves. There's lots of product info on both the front and back of the bottle, which is always nice. Because this is an oil based product, any remover that spills out and down the bottle will cause the label to peel off a bit. This isn't a matter of poor packaging, just a matter of chemistry. Another thing to mention is that this makeup remover does not have any sort of dispenser, just an open mouth at the top of the bottle. Not particularly practical or hygienic. I have a lost Q-tip floating around in there. I also tend to spill a bit of product each time I use it. Boo for wasted product.
So onto the formula, which once again is fragrance free, and contains aloe, green tea and cucumber, all of which are soothing, de-puffing ingredients, great for the eye area. Almay claims that this remover conditions, hydrates, soothes, and fends off dry lines, but I don't really believe any of that. Makeup remover stays on your face for like 30 seconds, it's not magic. However their claims about easily removing longwear lip products and waterproof mascara? Totally legit. Though you may need a few swipes, this stuff can remove even the most intense mascara. It's pretty impressive, especially considering the results I got from other makeup removers. I don't like everything about this remover though. As well as it removes makeup, just a little bit of mascara residue stays behind, so I usually one of Almay's Makeup Remover Pads.
Because this is an oil based makeup remover it can make your eyesight a little bit blurry right after use. This can be minimized by thorough rinsing. Either way, your vision will return to normal after just a few blinks, and this product will not sting your eyes.
I like Almay's Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover, but it's not the perfect remover I'm questing for. It's a definite step up from the previous remover I used though. This remover is very gentle, like most of their products. This is great if you have a sensitive eye area, or sensitive skin in general. If you aren't keen on the idea of slathering mineral oil all over your face, choose the oil-free alternative, though I can't speak for how it works. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this remover, or continue on my quest, but this isn't a bad makeup remover at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Like someone below said, expect oily blurry vision for a while.
This is way too oily. Will not even finish the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by janathelamb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good eye makeup remover. I am really impressed with the fact that it does NOT BURN. I can rub this through my eyelashes and then open my eyes and do other things in my routine and it will not burn. I haven't tried a whole lot of other makeup remover liquids so I don't understand all the negative reviews here. Yes it is oily but I think eye makeup remover needs to be? The oilyness doesn't bother me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by RingofFire

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with most of the negative reviews; too oily for removing eye makeup like mascara near your eyes. Its great for long lasting makeup and leaves a moisturizing film
(you need not bother with eye cream) but yeah expect blurry vision if you are not careful. It gets into your eyes easily. Got this half off so I will just use this for removing concealer and be very careful next time. Really just use Vaseline its cheaper. This is basically mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

OMG, what is up with the negative reviews here? This is a great moisturizing eye mu remover that is much better than high end products like Estee Lauder. In fact, it is one of the best in the market. It gets rid of the waterproof mu easily and without causing any irritation. I used to use Maybelline's but I think this one actually does a better job in keeping the area around my eyes hydrated. For the records, my eyes are very sensitive but this did not cause any irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by veronikaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Reading the reviews I was shocked. I LOVE this product. It is the ONLY makeup remover that works for me!

PROS:

>washes off every type of make up, no matter if it's waterproof etc..
>comes off quickly and easily
>GENTLE for my eyes! My eyes puff up with other brands
>Lasts for a long time

CONS:
>It is oily, but what I learned is that I just wipe my eyes with water and the oilyness is gone.

I love this product, I am going to buy it again. Nothing has ever worked better for me. Water is so horrible.. my makeup is very hard to take off with water and this product just lifts off my makeup in a second. Love it!