August 20, 2014 | 1916 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by SeedyBiotch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as gratis and although I like it a lot I won't re-buy it because it is too expensive...I like it a lot on my very dry skin, would def not recommend to anyone who has oily skin whatsoever. It does a great job smoothing and evening my complexion and it leaves my skin silky which makes applying my foundation really easy. If you have money then I'd go for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by nadiac062

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product completely dried out my skin followed by the worst breakout I have ever had after only 3 uses. It took 3 weeks to get my skin to not flake anymore and another 2 weeks to completely get rid of my breakouts. It cost me more money to "repair" my skin after all the damage this product did than the cost of the product itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by onlinealterego

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The product itself is fine, but after *three days* the pump stopped working. I checked it out, and there is no tube or straw type mechanism to draw the product up and out of the dispenser as virtually every pump I've ever seen has. I don't know if I got a defective dispenser, or if they are all designed this way. For a few days I tried removing the cap, removing the pump, and digging the product out with a toothpick, but it added at least 5 minutes minutes to my makeup routine and made me feel like an idiot for buying such a bad product. So after a couple of weeks I threw it away. Lesson learned. I don't know why they don't just put it in a tube because the prodcut itself is great, but I'll never try another smashbox product. It's just not worth the hassle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use primer largely because at 62 i am developing some fine lines under my eyes and smile lines high on my cheek bones and i want my foundation to go on smoothly and not to sink into these lines too much.

I have two luxury samples of this, each in a cute tiny and very portable tube -- the full size comes in a pump bottle. I have some other full size primers and several other primer samples, but this is the one i look forward to using. I have dry, fair skin. This primer is sheer with an attractive pale apricot tint that doesn't show on my skin. A tiny amount goes a long way in covering my face. It feels silky (thanks to silicone) and applies smoothly, either over moisturizer or on bare skin. It has never irritated my skin. And unlike some other primers i have tried, it does not ball up under liquid foundation.

After using this, my foundation is stable on most of my face. However where i have rosacea on the apples of my cheeks i tend to redden, heat up and perspire, and after about 5 hours -- or less if it is very hot and/or humid and/or i am exerting myself physically -- my foundation fades on my cheeks. When i use a less slicker-y silicone-y color correcting primer on my cheeks my foundation lasts a little longer there. Rosacea can be difficult to cover fully, i often need to touch up my cheeks, and i do not consider this a failing of this primer. Basically i think this stuff is great and i plan to buy a full-size bottle once my samples are used up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jija

okay primer, not overly impressive. I think the too faced primer, the primer from Urban Decay, and Tarte are all better than Smashbox's.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I tried Clarins Instant Smooth, which wastoo greasy and contained alcohol, and then NARS Pore Refining Primer, which absolutely perfect and leaves a silky, tight, pore-softening finish! Plus it controls oil. I'm sticking with the NARS. END EDIT

This stuff makes my nose break out whenever I use it. I hardly ever break out on that part of my face, so I know it's a product I'm using. Also, the SPF 15 is fairly pointless since the idea of a primer is to put on as little as possible. The feel of it is silky but gritty. Overall, not great and I would definitely not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by gardencity

I have used and enjoyed Photo Finish. However, I won't buy it again because of the packaging. The last three I have bought (I know, slow learner), have had defective pumps. I have had to return and replace them--then one pump died halfway through the bottle! I have learned from a store clerk that this is a problem with this product. Too bad, because I liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews of this product. I love the feel of it on my skin and generally use about half a pump since a little goes a long, long way. I generally wait about five minutes before applying my Laura Mercier foundation. The only downside of this product is the smell. It is horrible and smells like petroleum. I don't have the heart to check the ingredients on this product, but it smells really toxic. The smell goes away in a few seconds upon application, but still...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by billieholiday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it was the hype around Smashbox Photofinish that just left me a little bit disappointed. Not hating it, just disappointed. Good points about the primer though, it has a really nice feeling when I apply it. Slides on smoothly and leaves my face feeling quite soft and velvety. Makeup applies quite nicely over the top. As far as prolonging my makeup, I'd say it does...but it doesn't. Sometimes when I skip this, my makeup stays just as long- so I can't be sure. I do really like the feeling it gives my skin though. As far as packaging- the pump stopped working for me but that of course could just be mine being a bit of a dud. I got mine on sale in Australia, but I don't think I would pay full price for it there. It's kind of a 'meh' product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jwaiyin

Not for every day use: it made me break out, and usually have dry-ish skin.

And not that great for making your makeup stay all day either. My eyeshadow would be gone by the afternoon and my blush stayed on for even less than that.