Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/20/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried a lot of different high end mascaras through beauty subscriptions but none compare to this. It doesn't clump and stays put through long shifts and exercise, and doesn't irritate my somewhat sensitive skin as others have. I have the brownish black and I think it's perfect for a fair to medium complexion; it's great for enhancement while maintaining a "natural" look.

on 4/14/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I read all the great reviews about this, and for the price, it's a decent mascara, but I find that it is just "okay". I like it but don't love it, it does pretty much what most average waterproof mascaras do, but it probably isn't my HG mascara. I find the main reason I'm not a lover of this is the brush, its kind of awkward and I find that most of the time when I apply this I end up getting mascara on my eyelids that I have to wipe off. I used to use Covergirl's lashblast before I realized I needed a waterproof mascara because it smudged all over my lids, and I never had that problem with that brush. The formula was decent though, it held a curl quite nicely, was very pigmented, and definitely was waterproof and stayed nicely on my oily lids. While I find that this was decent for it's price, when I'm finished with it I will probably try something else

on 3/9/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually didn't have any expectations when I bought this, but when I applied it, I was shocked. It defined all of my lashes and coated them all the way to the tips with no clumps. It keeps my lashes curled just the way I made them with my eyelash curler. I'm surprised at how well it separated and lengthened. It was so easy to coat all of my lashes and mold them to the direction I wanted them to go without bending the tips to look like fly legs (something I really struggle with on my thin lashes!). It takes a few coats to see a significant difference, but the outcome is amazing. This beats out all of the newer mascaras by far. Love it.

AWESOME! I layer this mascara over my other favorite mascara that needs another layer of mascara on it. I layer this one on top of it and it lasts all day. Great color on my lashes and whenever I quickly need to put mascara on, I throw this on and it works great!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was my first mascara, and even though i use other brands, its still a favorite. My mom has been using it since she was a teen and thats how i heard of it. The best thing about it is how waterproof it is.. I mean, its fantastic. You can go swimming, play sports, sweat, shower..and it wont budge at all. Kinda sucky to remove, but if i can find something that lasts through my football practices without all the boys asking me "why that black stuff on my eyes is running" (lol) then it works for me! Besides, its a mascara classic, and you cant go wrong with the classics

on 8/17/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is very waterproof. I went swimming with this and washed my face multiple times. In the beginning it was quite runny, which made building volume tricky...but then over the course of a month it dried up a little bit and was perfect. A week later after that, the product was just clumpy. my eyelashes can be slightly clumpy but I DO NOT like how 5 stick together to become one.... I ALREADY HAVE SMALL ENOUGH LASHES!! Overall, it dried out my lashes quite a bit.. This is the first waterproof mascara I tried but not the last...

on 7/28/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My preferred makeup look is just a basic, natural, fresh, face. This is Great Lash's place in this world. It adds color to define your eyes, and holds a curl. That's it. The simplicity is what I like about it. It's waterproof on me, and it doesn't flake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is one of the best i have and i use it lot and it's cheap and water poof to so it's even better so it's chep waterpoof has a pink bottle thats my kind of thing

Transfers/smudges easily but good for the natural lashes look. Has a funny smell but that goes away quickly after application.

on 6/11/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been buying Great Lash Waterproof as the only mascara I have for years because it was cheap and continually winning awards. I assumed that it created horrible shadows under my eyes because of how oily the skin around my eyes is (although that didn't explain why it was so hard to then remove from my skin). I assumed that it clumped like crazy because that was just what mascara did.

Once I actually checked other reviews here, I decided to try a different product for comparison. I tried a free sample of the Julep American Beauty Volumizing Mascara. After one wear, I had an epiphany about my Great Lash Waterproof: It doesn't work. At least not for me. The terrible application and equally terrible wear just do not work for me. The price is great, but I'm definitely willing to spend more to find a product that doesn't make me look like a raccoon after two hours of wear.