July 28, 2014 | 1736 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by heartangel477

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best i have and i use it lot and it's cheap and water poof to so it's even better so it's chep waterpoof has a pink bottle thats my kind of thing

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Viclovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Transfers/smudges easily but good for the natural lashes look. Has a funny smell but that goes away quickly after application.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Starmaiden

I've been buying Great Lash Waterproof as the only mascara I have for years because it was cheap and continually winning awards. I assumed that it created horrible shadows under my eyes because of how oily the skin around my eyes is (although that didn't explain why it was so hard to then remove from my skin). I assumed that it clumped like crazy because that was just what mascara did.

Once I actually checked other reviews here, I decided to try a different product for comparison. I tried a free sample of the Julep American Beauty Volumizing Mascara. After one wear, I had an epiphany about my Great Lash Waterproof: It doesn't work. At least not for me. The terrible application and equally terrible wear just do not work for me. The price is great, but I'm definitely willing to spend more to find a product that doesn't make me look like a raccoon after two hours of wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have an OILY eye area and impossible to curl lashes. I discovered the secret to brows holding a curl was to use waterproof mascara. I was using some ridiculously overpriced yves st laurent waterproof mascara and thought it was the miracle formula was the mascara itself; after reading an allure article on everything mascaras I learned that it's the waterproof that holds the curl. So now I'm spending less than $5 on a mascara to hold my curl, brush is small and easy to work with, and waterproof still smears on me so I always top it off w a tubing mascara. Any brand that tubes doesn't smudge on me. It also doesn't hold my curl. Hence both mascaras. A great basic mascara with a nice little brush. I hate big brushes as they get all over my eye area. All these budge-proof products remove very easily w some coconut oil and warm water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I always buy one of these when going down south. It's a simple mascara with a simple brush. The formula is definitely waterproof and i've never experienced smudging with it. I curl my lashes and pop a few coats of this on. My lashes look decent, nothing great, but I don't really care when I'm on the beach, I just need a little sumthin sumthin on my eyes that will stay on in the water. I'll buy a new one every time i go away and just throw it out at the end of the week.

Great Lash is a simple mascara, I don't know why people expect so much from it and then get so let down. It's pretty much a beginner mascara, or one for someone who barely puts any product on. And it's a good mascara for those purposes, but I wouldn't go thinking it's going to do amazing things for your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by JumpingJellyBean

I am quite happy with this product. I have tried many mascaras over the years, including expensive department store brands and always seem to come back to the ole tried and true great lash in the pink and green familiar packaging. It's easy to apply, never runs for me (I only apply it to my top lashes.) because it is waterproof, and holds my curl okay. It works better if I curl my lashes before and after applying the mascara. Only downside I find is that it can slightly burn my eyes if I'm sweating or teary, but many other mascaras do that to me also. The cost is great on the pocketbook too. Can't beat that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently started wearing contacts again so I had to buy waterproof mascara, which I've never liked and have avoided in the past. I went through many wp mascara reviews with no success. Just google "the best and worst waterproof mascaras", and you'll see why I got nowhere. For every "best of" list Great Lash wp makes, it appears on at least one "worst of" list with horror stories about raccoon eyes and spider lashes. That said, I'll just include the disclaimer that mascara preferences are highly individualized. For reference, my lashes are blonde-ish and skimpy, but I generally prefer lengthening/separating mascaras over volumizing ones (I dislike the popular L'oreal Voluminous). Some of my old faves are the less dramatic mascaras: Cover Girl Lash Exact (in the plum colored tube), Jane Fan Club (now very hard to find); and Maybelline Lash Discovery (the non-wp formula in all of these). I once tried and hated the regular Great Lash but then later tried it in the "Lots of Lashes" variety, which has more of a separating brush, and liked it much better with that brush, which seemed to make the formula easier to work with. So, when I began my search for waterproof mascara I decided to give the infamous pink tube a try. The wp version of GL comes with the standard brush only, so I bought the "Lots of Lashes" version just for the brush and replaced the brush in the waterproof tube with that one. A pleasant surprise. The GL wp formula is, imo, better than the regular GL formula. I experienced no clumping, smudging, flaking or irritation--even through 14-hour days and re-wetting eye drops. This mascara struck a nice balance between being too dramatic and not dramatic enough, looking somewhat natural but not boring. Nothing life changing or earth shattering, but just enough oomph for me. Again, I like that the plastic bristled LoL brush separates with only slight thickening, but for those who like a lot of volume and/or hate plastic brushes, the the waterproof version comes with a regular brush. Finally, this mascara is inexpensive, at $4.49 at HEB here in Texas. I gave it a '4' instead of a '5' because the regular brush makes it a deal breaker for me, and so I had to buy another tube just for the brush I like. One common complaint is that it's hard to remove compared with other waterproof mascaras, and I agree with that. However, I removed it with Neutrogena's eye makeup remover and had no known damaged or lost lashes, but this is usually not a problem for me, so beware if it's an issue for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

Just didn't work for me. Held no curl, no volume, gave me some clumps. I am glad this works for so many others, but it's not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably one of the most well-known mascaras in existence. Everyone I know has at least one tube of this in their makeup bag. I would say it's a pretty average mascara. Not the best, but certainly not he worst I've used (that title goes to Covergirl's Lash Blast 24 hour :D lol). It does give some more volume and length than natural lashes, but not by much. Over time it will dry up and start to clump, but that is the case with all mascaras. It's pretty cheap (I only paid $4 I think at Target). One thing I do love about this mascara is the small brush. makes it really easy to get into all the tight little corners. This one is waterproof, but comes off pretty easily with makeup remover. Overall, I would say this mascara is average, and a good cheap go to for something light to wear for your everyday, or just a good backup to have around in case your go to fails.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by kelsummers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

doesn't give much volume to my lashes,but makes my eyes look more alive than with no mascara at all. waterproof too, which is why i bought it. great for those summer beach days.