The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/16/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I LOVE the body shop body butters. my all time favorite one is the Strawberry one but this is one definitely comes in second place.

-VERY VERY moisturizing. I have very dry skin on my body, especially my hands, feet, elbows and knees. Anywhere that has tougher skin. Before I go to bed I lather my hands with this stuff and my feet and put on the socks. In the morning my feet and hands are noticeably softer.
-Not greasy or sticky. I hate that "sticking to your sheets" feeling that some lotions do when you get into bed. This stuff sinks into my skin fast but still makes me feel well hydrated.
-the smell is very nice in my opinion. If you're wondering what a satsuma is, it's basically a japenese citrus fruit. Very similar to an orange or tangerine. (Spent some time in Japan). The scent is very true to what an actual satsuma smells like. my boyfriend says it reminds him of the old orange drink Tang. Nostaglia much?
-the price is more than your average body butter but for me this is the only body moisturizer that I have ever tried that gives me that instant gratification and long term use results. If you have dry skin then you need to try this out.

on 11/5/2013 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love the Satsuma smell from the Body Shop. I really do. So of course I had to try it in the body butter. To say the least, it smells great in the jar, but good god the scent does not fade when applied. This scent is so strong, it gave me a headache after only a few minutes. This is another one that I probably can only use during the day when my hands are busy and not around my face. I could never use this at night or before bed though. I doubt I'd buy this again which is a shame.

on 8/12/2013 5:28:00 AM

I love this product and have for Years! Decades actually. This is my all-time favorite fragrance of any product I have ever tried in my life. The body butter is fantastic, I use it on my legs after shaving, very creamy & smooth, it does take a few minutes to sink in but it doesn't remain "wet" or leave a lasting greasiness on the skin. I also use this on my arms after showering and it it amazing, doesn't leave a stickiness that a lot of body butters have but it DOES leave the heavenly, sweet and pretty fragrance of the satsuma oranges on my skin for hours.

I get so many compliments on the scent of this product. I will forever purchase & use this one. Forever and always... in love with it. I took one lippie off of the price, only because at about $20 a pop it is a bit pricey. I will re-buy it regardless, however. I love it that much

on 8/3/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff smells awesome at the beginning but now I'm so sick of the smell. I still have to go through my normal sized body butter, jumbo sized body butter, and 1.5 bottle of the jumbo sized shower gel.
I don't know if it was just mine, but halfway through using the body butter, some of the cream turned into a weird yellow/orange colour while the ring around it stayed the light pink colour. This stuff is also really greasy so I use it at night on my legs or feet since the smell is very overpowering.

on 5/7/2013 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love the smell of this! Just like the shower gel it smells so summery, fruity and juicy. Perfect for Summer! A real stable!

The only complaint I can think with this one is that it doesn't moisturize as well as the Mango or Strawberry, however though the consistency is great. and goes well after a morning shower accompanied by the Satsuma body splash :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this in the travel size for $3 CAD. The smell in the jar is fantastic so juicy and sweet. On the skin, the scent changes to something less pleasant. In the winter, this is useless in moisturizing anything. In the summer, it is now too greasy and slightly sticky! It also caused rashes on my boyfriend's hands. Won't be repurchasing.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

If you love the smell, which is definitely an acquired taste, then you will love this body butter. it feels intensely moisturizing and refreshing, would recommend use of it in the morning though as the smell is very strong and you probably don't want that when you are sleeping. But the smell is great, it is very moisturizing, the package is adorable and you get a good amount of product and need to use very little.

on 1/31/2013 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I rubbed the Satsuma Body butter all over my skin this morning. The aroma is very strong so I used only a little bit on the standard black person ashy areas (knees, elbows, etc.) When I arrived at work, a male coworker told me that he hated my perfume. His bushy black eyebrows were arched in an evil manner; like an evil smiley emoticon. He told me that he would rather inhale my natural body stench if I were on a garlic and chili diet. He said that he usually enjoyed girly scents but in this case, he'd rather inhale nail polish remover while eating a bludgeoned, black spotted banana mixed with chutney. I realized, I, too was becoming dizzy from the scent so I tried to wash it off but it didn't work. Even though this butter needs to be severely diluted before applying, you'll like it if it doesn't burn off all your nostril hairs. Do NOT wear it if you're planning on being in a poorly ventilated area.... unless you have a citrusy death wish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The satsuma scent remains on my skin throughout the day, and it is the only body butter I've used that has not caused an allergic reaction. It's moisturizing and sinks into the skin well.

on 11/16/2012 8:21:00 AM

same as the shower gel, smells great at first, but after a little while the smell changes to a weird smell like beer gone bad.......also, this isn't hydrating at all, just sits on top of your skin. I heard this happens with all TBS body butter?

Top Rated The Body Shop Products