December 20, 2014 | 1088 users online

Mascara - Bobbi Brown - No Smudge Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Tamaswini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Iím really happy with this mascara. Itís easy to apply, and it makes my lashes look the way I want them to.
On the downsides, it does smudge a bit when I use concealer under my eyes (even when I apply mascara when the concealer is dry), which I didnít expect at this price. But I would still repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by pren02

It leaves your eyelashes well defined, lenghtened and thickened, but not ludicrously volumised. It wears beautifully for more than 12 hours, and does not smudge, not one tiny bit, even in very wet weather. The applicator is not the best, it leaves a few clumps that need to be smoothed out immediately. Also, the mascara does not nourish or condition, and feels a bit dry.

A major advantage is that it contains fairly mild ingredients relative to other brands, so it did not irritate my oversensitive eyes. However, the oil-based cleanser I used to remove it may have been partly to blame for the blepharitis I ended up with. So people with sensitive eyes should perhaps avoid waterproof mascaras, including unfortunately this one, and oil-based cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have corneal dystrophy and chronic dry eye. I have to use eye drops constantly. Like every hour. This is the only mascara that will withstand it. Every other waterproof mascara I've used (and I've tried 'em ALL) eventually disappeared, smudged, or got into my eyes and burned.

I gave it 4 lippies because I do wish it made my lashes thicker. I love the length it gives and it colors my pale lashes nicely. Given its staying power and the overall good job it does, I'm sticking with this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This didn't do anything for my lashes that a middling drugstore mascara couldn't accomplish. Maybe some fair definition, but it wilted my just-curled lashes and made my eyes burn (I do, however, have sensitive eyes). It's also expensive and the worst offense? It smudged. What more can I say, really?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by candapanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG mascara for every day! So natural looking, I've never had this from another mascara. Separates every lash & coats from root to tip with a thin layer of product. Doesn't give you a 'wow' look of massive lashes that some people want, but if you're looking for just a natural wide-eyed look then this is the one. Lasts all day & doesn't clump. Love the short wand & stubby brush, makes application really easy. Will repurchase time & time again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must be one of the very few people that this mascara didn't work perfectly on. I have a real problem with raccoon eyes - no matter what I try, I get them. This mascara seemed to last a little longer than any of the other ones I've tried, but still ended up smudging (even without me putting any on my lower lashes).

Beyond smudge, it was nothing spectacular. My lashes didn't really want to stay curled when I used this, and it didn't really plump them at all. If it hadn't smudged on me, I would've been totally alright with that. Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jl74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I love this mascara for doing its job, I cannot give it a 4 or 5 because it fails to be a miracle worker for my lashes. I guess I'd give it a 5 if I was simply looking for a mascara that does not smudge but I am looking for the perfect mascara: does not smudge, thickens, lengthens and volumized my lashes (am I asking for too much?).

Asian women in genera tend to have shorter lashes which cause most mascaras to leave a raccoon eye at the end of the day. It's even worse for me because I can have oily skin (especially in the summer). This mascara definitely stays put and does not smudge.

The downside is that because I have short lashes, I love my mascaras that are volumizing (I love YSL's faux cils mascara for this reason but it definitely smudges after a few hours). This mascara will definitely not get you that effect. However, if you already have long, full lashes, this will probably work well for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lucyvanp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Does what it says on the tin - it is mascara, it's black, and it doesn't smudge.

I have seasonal allergies so I need a mascara that won't smudge when my eyes water. Also, I like a more natural look. This succeeds on both accounts. I'm sure if I wanted huge eyelashes I could build up more layers, but this is an excellent natural enhancer, good for work. And it doesn't smudge, as promised.

Pricey but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by degenhka

I have tried every waterproof mascara, expensive and cheap, for my wedding. I finally found this one and it made my lashes so long and thick, it almost looked like I was wearing fake eyelashes! This mascara stayed on without flaking, all day and night, until I removed it the morning after. It took about 3 months before I needed to replace it. Worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

Bobbi Brown's No Smudge mascara is impressive for those who like the natural looks that some mascaras offer. The No Smudge mascara really does not smudge but that was not what I worried about. This mascara barely clumps and I'm not sure if it's the ingredients or something but you really can't tell that it's mascara that's enhancing your eyes! Oh, and this mascara makes your lashes look good in pictures. That definitely feeds the vain ego. The trick with mascaras is that if you think there's clumping, it's because the way you handle the product causes the clumps (unless at first usage, it's already clumpy). Make sure you don't pump the mascara in a up-and-down motion and close the opening of the mascara with one finger from the opposite hand after pulling off the wand. This prevents oxidation. Anywho, Bobbi Brown's No Smudge Mascara is my HG mascara so far.