Rimmel Blush - Berry 031

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/20/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Like many others, I wasn't expecting much from this product. I have naturally tan brown skin (NC42), and thought this might make it look muddy, but it works pretty well for me!
...
Though this color is called berry, it does have a brownish-bronze base. I don't apply this to the apples of my cheeks, but rather a little higher along my cheek bones. I find that it gives a slight contouring effect since it has that brownish base, as opposed to the look a pink blush might give. It isn't glittery, but has a slight sheen, nor is it powdery. The pigmentation isn't bad, either. You might have to work your brush into it, but since it's a darker color, that allows for building it up.
...
The packaging is really simple and cheap, but you actually get a good amount of product. Most blush compacts are like 75% plastic, and 25% actual blush. I like that this takes up so little space. The product lasts a pretty long time, as well. I've used mine about once a week for a year and I'm only halfway through!
...
I agree that Rimmel's products are hit-or-miss, but when on sale, you can find some great products for a low cost.

on 1/11/2011 8:05:00 PM

I bought this shade during a 75% sale and I actually turned out to really love it. I have gone back to the store since to pick up another but they have been sold out. I really wanted a mauve or dusty plum color for winter to break away from some of my brighter pink or coral toned blush. I didnt expect to love this shade as much as I do. I am hoping that this shade is not discontinued because of the sale. I have tried other Rimmel products such as their stay matte foundations and powders and have really enjoyed them. I do wish that the pan was bigger and you got more product. I will definitely be repurchasing.

In my experience- Rimmel can be very hit or miss. I've tried their foundations, which just didn't work for me...and their eyeshadows- which I found to be chalky. CVS has several Rimmel items on clearance for 75% off, so I picked up this blush. The color in the packaging isn't anything like when it's applied. The color looks dark and a bit muddy, however when you apply it gives the most prettiest pink flush. Another reason I enjoy it is that it didn't turn red or orange-y on me which some pink colors tend to do. Plus after wearing for over 12 hours- it's still on my cheeks! You need the tiniest amount, so this is a keeper. Might go back to buy another.

on 11/15/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is probably one of the only things I ever got by Rimmel that wasn't a complete failure. NIce mauvey-pinkish shade, not too purple or muddy, perfect pigmentaion... really nice shade actually it seems to instantly make my face look decorative (in a good, not clownish way). And it also has like some irredescence...not sure about the spelling there. So, it kind of does the job of a highlighter in the cheek area as well. Only prob is if you contour w/ any bronzer, the brown, irredescence and mauve come out a little dirty-ish looking so you have to go easy w/ either the bronzer or blush. I've also used this as a eyeshadow fyi; I'm a purple maniac.

**wonderful product**Its highly pigmented and complimnented my nc35 skin tone very well. apply it with a light hand because a little goes a long way. It gives your cheeks a healthy glow. I apply it after i contour with NARS casino bronzer I apply this to the apples of my cheeks (witha light hand ofcousre) and it gives me a great natural healthy look. LOVE IT!

Lovely berry pink blush that would suit any skin tone. Pigmentation is awesome, leaving a slight sheen (there's shimmers in it but hardly noticeable on the skin as it's very subtle and natural).

Packaging could be better, doesn't some with a brush but having said that this can be easily applied flawlessly with your fingers because the powder is very fine. This is at a decent price point, is quite buildable and long lasting.

I would not repurchase this blush because I prefer Rimmel's santa rose blush.

on 9/30/2010 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This blush is decent. The color in the pan looks kind of sickly actually, but it comes out in a dark pinkish plum color. You don't need a lot on the brush, or you will end up with two big dots of powder on your cheeks and look like a clown! So you have to apply with a light hand. My skin is fair and it looks good on me. I don't use it everyday, because it's just not my favorite blush by any means. It's cheap and its in a small package so it's easy to lug around if you need to.

on 7/7/2010 5:53:00 AM

OMG.. I love this blush i just received it in the mail today and it just compliments my skin tone sooo well! I live in Vancouver so i can't find the berry shade ANYWHERE no matter where i go... so i had to order it on ebay and pay liek $5 something for it.. but it's still so worth it cause it's so pigmented. I didnt beleive how pigmented it was until i learned it the hard way lol. I loaded it onto my brush and boy was that a mistake. I looked like one of those rag dolls! So i realized that you only need one tiny swipe per cheek and i dont even do circular motions but rather dabbing it on my cheeks because it's so pigmented and rubbing the brush on my face would be overkill

LOVE IT!!! I'll definitely remember to buy a few of these when i visit the states next time.

Note: It looks amazing paired with Rimmel's Airy Fairy lipstick!

on 12/24/2009 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this blush. Got it at Target and it is BEYOND dirt cheap: about $1.69 or so. It IS tiny, but I consider Rimmel a good brand.

This is the first time I purchased such a dark blush and I'm glad I did! It's a lovely color and I love how it comes with an embossed Rimmel crown logo in the blush.
One swipe is all I need on my medium skin since it's so pigmented.

The package is really tiny though so it does tend to get lost in my make up bag but I can live with that. great for travel right?

on 11/30/2009 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful colour in pan. Beautiful on face. But after an hour or two outside, in warm weather or even if I'm just having an oily day it oxidizes on my skin into such a horrible colour. It turns dark and kind of splotchy. I would much rather spend a few more dollars on a Revlon blush that wont go dark on me. I would only recommend it if you DON'T have oily skin.. if you do, stay away!

Popular Blush Products