Giovanni Smooth as Silk

3.8

Not tested on animals

New version: Aqua (purified water), sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoamphoacetate, lauryl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, *aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, *chamomilla recutita (matricaria) leaf extract, *citrus aurantium dulcis (valencia orange) extract, *citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, *cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) extract, *echinacea purpurea extract, *ginkgo biloba extract, *glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, *lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *macrocystis pyrifera (sea kelp) extract, *mangifera indica (mango) extract, *salix alba (willow bark) extract, xanthan gum, glycol distearate panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), citric acid, polysorbate 20, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance. Older version: Aqua (purified water), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil*, Valencia Orange (citrus auantium dulcis), Mango (Mangifera Indica)*, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus)*, Ginkgo Biloba*, Echinacea Angustifolia (echinacea Angustifolia)*, Willow Bark (Salix Alba)*, Sea Kelp (macrocystis pyrifera)*, Chamomile Flower (Chamomila Recruita)*, Soy textured protein*, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate (coconut derived), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Vegetable Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Olive Oil, Diazolidinyl Urea, Octyl 4-Methoxy Cinnamate (Sunscreen), Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Citric Acid (corn), Fragrance with Essential Oils.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo really striped my hair of moisture. my hair was so dry after using it and it wasnt near *smooth as silk* I wont repurchase ever again and Im glad it was on sale when i bought it .

I wish there was a "maybe" button for "would you buy again." So far, this product has done me no wrong. I like the "chemical-free" formulation and the creamy consistency of the product. It also has a very nice, light fragrance. I have very damaged hair from heat styling and coloring, and it seems to be bringing it back from the dead, so far. Part of my problem was that I was using Paul Mitchell products for blonde hair and the products had TOO much protein in them. So now I am trying to recover my hair from that, but I read on MUA that this product too has protein in it. I can't seem to get away. I will update in the event that this product starts to wreck my hair, but so far, it seems to be moisturizing it nicely.

Left hair stripped. It sucks. Skip if you want to save your have of its moisture.

Decent vegan shampoo for the price. I won't call it my holy grail shampoo, but it is my holy grail drugstore shampoo. It was recently reformulated and I would give the new formula a 3.5 if I could. It moisturizes without weighing the hair down. It doesn't save hair from color fading as much as I would like. For a fairly low priced shampoo, it does the trick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm going to keep trying this product for one more week, but I'm afraid it's breaking me out. I've had a hypothyroid problem recently, so I'm hoping that's the cause of my acne, but little zits started popping up by my mouth and around my hairline...

Anyways, it smells really nice, and my hair feels like it's really getting rejuvenated after shampooing, but I also think this is weighing my hair down. I have a lot of hair, and it's thick, so maybe this isn't the shampoo for me! Bummer, but I will keep trying. I also bought the 50/50 to try next LOL.

Love it. It smells so nice

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I liked this somewhat. The ingredients were great and so was the smell. I loved the fact that this didn't have silicones or sulfates. The problem is that this shampoo dried out my hair a lot, just like every other shampoo does, and I needed tons of conditioner afterwards. I'm still in search for my HG shampoo, aka, a shampoo that cleanses my hair while being gentle. I just hate the dry sensation most shampoos leave on my hair :(

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am absolutely in love with several of Giovanni's conditioners (Tea Tree Triple Treat, Direct Leave-In, 50:50, Smooth as Silk) and wanted to try and use a shampoo/conditioner combo from the same line, so I opted to try this shampoo. I've tried the 50:50 one which is perfect for clarifying, but it leaves my hair way too dry for me to use every wash. So, I went for this one. I've only used it once so my opinion may change, but it doesn't leave my hair too silk-like. I already have low hopes for getting through a shampoo without my hair feeling like Brillo Town, so I was really banking on that "silk" factor. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem any better than my sulfate containing Tigi Oatmeal and Honey shampoo (I love that shampoo). I'll give it a few more tries and see what it does for me.

And btw, they've recently changed the formula, and the new formulation no longer has silicones. So at least that was a plus for me. I added a lippie for their smart idea to take such a cheap filler ingredient out of their product.

I loved the smell (orange) and the ingredients (sulfate free, etc). I`ve started loosing hair after every wash quite a bit and knew i had to have a more natural, organic product to switch sometimes. But this didn`t make my hair neither smooth or silk. It made it stick together when wet. I hate that. I needed a ton of conditioner after. And even after towel drying, my hair was still this sticky, ugly mess. It really might be my hair though, it is over processed I know but this suppose to help! (I have a hard time finding organic shampoes that work, Lavera was good but gave me dandruff, another coconut one stopped working after a while, so really so far the best is the EO Rose shampoo.) ... I gave this to my husband and he is ok with it but said it didn`t give him the clean feeling either. Oh well...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I got this for a Christmas gift. The first time I used it, I loved it so much. The smell is light and soothing. I also have very sensitive skin, so I really have to watch what I use. This left me with no irritation. I bought a much more expensive shampoo and I truly regret wasting my money. This shampoo is 10x better and I had better results with it over the expensive shampoo.