November 26, 2014 | 1888 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - In A Snap

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Orly In A Snap Topcoat has changed my nail polish wearing life. I am a very impatient person and was constantly frustrated at nail smears and smudges due to slow drying nail polish. I now apply one coat of Orly and in a few minutes nails are set to a beautiful glossy finish. This polish glides over nails effortlessly without interfering with the nail colour. I like the easy grip rubber handle which makes opening the bottle nice and easy. The product size is more than sufficient and will last a long time. The price is right and worth every cent. I love this product and Orly has now become my HG in Topcoats!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by binkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is going to focus mainly on comparing In A Snap to Seche Vite. Despite being an avid Seche Vite user, I've been on a longstanding quest to find a B3F top coat that still dries my manicure quickly. As of right now, I use In A Snap on all my manicures unless I'm in a real hurry, in which case, I'll bust out the SV. Orly was one of my top picks for several reasons:

1) I love the brush and bottle. Rubber grip + a soft brush that's just wide enough for a speedy spread but you still have control
2) 20% more product than your average polish! Normally you get ~15mL of product, but Orly gives you 18mL.
3) B3F formula

But, I want to get this out of the way: it doesn't dry as quickly as SV. There, I said it.

In A Snap doesn't really penetrate the layers of polish and dry them the same way SV does, so it works better if you give your color some time to dry. On average, In A Snap dries to the (light) touch within 15 minutes or so, but it's still susceptible to dings and scrapes for another 45 minutes In terms of drying time, however, I still find it very acceptable. I normally set aside an hour or so to do my nails, so getting things rock solid in 10 minutes is nice, but not a must.

Formula-wise, In A Snap is easy to work with. It's thinner than your average quick dry TC, and it flows over the nail easily. Be careful not to layer it on too thick or over wet polish because you might get bubbling, though! I'm about 10 manicures into my bottle and it doesn't suffer from the gooping-up that SV is infamous for. I've also had absolutely no shrinkage problems, and In A Snap works great as a refresher top coat in between color changes.

Overall, I really like In A Snap and would recommend it to anyone look for a B3F top coat. While it doesn't beat SV in terms of absolute drying time, it's become my go-to top coat because of its low toxicity and easy application (both due to formula and bottle/brush design).

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an impulse and I'm so glad I did. It dries my polish to the touch in about 5-10 minutes and dries it completely in 30-40. It's a little too thin at first, but it gets to a nice consistency after a few uses. It keeps my polish on for 5 days, which is great because I can't seem to find a top coat that leaves my nails perfectly manicured for a full week! It goes on smoothly, doesn't smell horrible and the grip on the cap keeps my hands from slipping. The best part about this top coat is that it is sold at drugstores. This is a great top coat for people who love how fast Seche Vite dries but hates the goopiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by laurag84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried a number of top coats, and keep coming back to this. I used Orly's Won't Chip most recently, and think they should change the name to 'Will Chip Within Hours of Application'!.
This product dries nice and quickly, which is perfect for me as I'm so impatient! I did my nails on Wednesday and not a single chip or imperfection to date. As part of my job I type a fair bit, have my hands in and out of files, and at home I do the washing up a lot. I will definitely stick with this one, and the only niggle is that it does sometimes pick up the nail polish colour. Maybe that's my impatience and I need to leave the polish to dry a bit longer though!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by alexis913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
- dries really fast.
- it makes the nail color look smooth (when it was still new. now that i am more than halfway through the bottle, it is now thick and goopy and it ruins my manicure because it forms bubbles )

CONS:
- it dries really fast, too fast in my opinion. it dries while i am still applying it and i end up with bubbles. i live in the tropics though so it is really hot and humid here. that may be a big factor on why this is not working for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i used this last night over an orly polish and i was literally in the bed. my nails dryed pretty quick and this morning no bubbles or smudging. my nails are high gloss and look almost wet. this product wasn't thick but it also wasn't liquidy. it didn't pick up color from my polish and as long as you use it quickly, like all drying polishes, it won't ruin your nail color. i'll pay close attention to how long i think this lasts and report back. i'm hoping for at least 5-7 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

I used an orly nail dryer 10 hrs ago in high school and it worked awesome. I decided to give it another try recently and it is still awesome. I can put on a base coat and 3 coats of color and still have my nails dry and not have sheet marks in them. In add a coat to shine them back up after several days. If you do a base coat and 2 top coats, you do have to wait 30 mins or so before you are safe from sheet marks, but after 10 mins or so they are no longer tacky, so you don't have to be super careful, but you wouldn't want to start cleaning your house. It is verynshinny and I really like that as well. Won't go without this product ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Maurie97

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this top coat. I thought Seche Vite was my favorite until I started having problems with it pulling my NEW manicure/polish back from the tips, like shrinking. So I ventured for a new "holy grail" top coat and came upon Orly In A Snap. I love this top coat. Works exactly the same as Seche Vite, except it does not smell quite as bad and I don't feel like I'm killing myself and it does NOT pull my polish back either. Also have not noticed cracking of my manicure after a few days. Only thing I wish that the bottle was a bit wider instead of long, as it can be tricky when the product starts to get lower in the bottle. As with any top coat, you may need a polish thinner after a bit of use, to keep it like new. Would buy this over and over again. Remember you will be able to breath in the same room too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Thank god somebody has invented this stuff for impatient active people like me! I can hardly wait for my polish to dry and used to end up with a lovely square pattern of my bedsheets on my nailpolish the next morning because -after a long day- I just couldn't make myself wait 2 hours before going to bed.
This topcoat has solved this problem effortlessly. I apply a thin base coat, two thin (!) coats of nail polish and immediately afterwards this top coat. After 15 minutes everything is dry and hard. Really hard, so I don't have to be careful anymore. Problem solved :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by minivan86

love this product! dries my nails fast and the cap makes it easy to open. buying this again for sure!