August 1, 2014 | 1812 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by CCR1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color and matte coverage of this was great. It goes well with the colorstay liquid foundation... BUT, it made me oilier than normal on bare skin and over foundation. I had to reapply throughout the day. I don't like the look and feel of having an oily face so I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just did not work. Due to a lack of pigment and the fact nothing seem to even come on the little powder puff I just threw it out. Real waste of money

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by expensivepink92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a lot of powders and this is probably the worst that I have tried. It is way overpriced for a drugstore powder and is not very good at controlling oil. Its very cheap feeling and not very finely milled; I find that at the end of the day it makes my skin look sort of cakey in certain areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fresh1fierce1feminine

AMAZING product! Doesnt look cakey or rough and perfects skin! Doesnt make me look all old-lady powdery either! Great, great powder! You can layer it too on blemishes to cover up! Will definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I had the old formula of this. The one in the thinner compact with the full mirror. I didn't like that one too much because I felt it didn't control oil well enough. So I bought the new formula hoping it would be better. It was. This controls oil good enough, this is just an overral good powder. The coverage is sheer-light, nowhere near medium or full but it does cover better than dream matte powder (my other current powder). The color range is very disappointing. The darkest shade barely suits me and I'm only NC45/50. It goes on white and too light but since it's so sheer I can just blend it well and it isnt noticable. I don't understand why they don't make shades to coordinate with the colorstay foundation. If you're any darker than caramel in the colorstay liquid or NC50 I doubt any of the shades will work for you. Oh and I don't like the half mirror in the compact! I mean who puts a HALF mirror in a powder? Other than that the packaging is bulky but its fine and I don't use the puff it came with. I paid $8 something for this, I cant remember. Kinda pricey for drugstore but its not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder really surprised me. I ended up crashing in my mom's hotel room one night when she came to visit, and I had to get up for work the next morning, but I didn't have my makeup bag with me. I used my Nyx concealer in a jar and this. I have not so great skin, there's not a lot of active acne anymore, but I have a lot of redness and marks. I was really amazed with how good this looked with no foundation. I used it for the next few days and had no issues at all. Then I used a liquid foundation, and immediately broke out! Back to this with concealer, and again, no problems. I'm out of my HG Alima minerals, but this is cheaper and does a great job, so I will continue to use it!

PROS: Good coverage
Works great without (or as) foundation
Keeps me shine free most of the day
Easy to touch up if needed
Doesn't break me out
Doesn't break up with oil or flake throughout the day like most things do on my skin
Doesn't look cakey
Transluscent shade works for my super pale skin
Looks like skin/really natural

CONS: No SS, although that might be why it doesn't break me out!
Could be a little cheaper for a drugstore product
You do have to use a bit to get good coverage.

PS I use a brush to apply it, not the puff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely LOVE this stuff! It has completely changed my opinion on powders. I have this in Light/Medium and it suits my winter skin perfectly (NC 20/25). At first I skipped on the sponge/puff and applied with a powder brush and did not see anything special about this product. I was so close to returning it and I am so glad I didn't because it is AMAZING when used with the sponge! My skin looks so soft and it really does improve any makeup look. It also helps tame my oily t-zone for a few hours so I take it with me to blot. The plastic window DID pop out in my makeup bag which is kind of irritating because I was very careful with it, but that does not take away from the product itself for me. I hope this never gets discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised I haven't gone out and repurchased this yet. I love this! I used it every day for like a month but then I dropped it and the powder broke and got all over the place, but I loved it so much I saved all I could and turned it into a loose powder and put it in a different container. Since im running out of it now i will definitely pick more up next time I'm at the store!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by missgiselley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! It feels light but gives some coverage, and doesn't look cakey. I bought this in the translucent shade because I'm horrid at picking my own shade for face makeup, and I really enjoy it! It's really silky and satin-y feeling and I wear it alone, without foundation.
Does a great job covering, but still looks natural!
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use Coty Airspun loose powder to set my foundation, but need a compact in my purse for touch ups during the day. I have super fair skin and bought the translucent shade, which looks chalky and un-natural when I use the puff that came with the powder.