Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 11/5/2013 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore the colorstay foundation, so when I went out to buy a powder to control my oily skin and set my foundation, I thought it'd be a good idea to stick with the same brand. It was very unimpressive. I bought it in a shade that was a little too light--it was the only one available. That isn't what really bothers me, though. It looks chalky and it doesn't really control oil for long. There are probably much better drug store powders. I wouldn't buy this again; for a drugstore powder, it wasn't cheap either.

on 10/31/2013 5:43:00 AM

I bought the translucent one and use it as a setting powder for when I feel like staying matte under my bb creams and sometimes my revlon colorstay foundation. It works pretty well at keeping me shine free, but then again I'm not so much of an oily person. This is an okay/good powder for me, nothing really amazing about it, but it's not bad either. With that being said though, it's not really worth the $10+?or so, but I got it at Walgreens with a revlon bogo half sale so it was only $5 for me, which was worth it.

My go to powder! A BB cream and this works perfectly on a day to day basis for my oily and blemish-y skin! Glides on so nicely and adds just a touch more coverage! light-medium is a little to light for me (quite surprising). Just hit pan and I would definitely buy again though the $35 (australian) price tag is a big turn off! :( Even more annoying is that for the price you pay you get crappy packaging- my window thing broke :((
Still product still works and it is great!!!

on 10/30/2013 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Yuck! I bought this because I used the Colorstay Liquid in Normal/Dry and thought it would be good to use a setting powder from the same range. This stuff was awful! Probably the worst powder I have tried. I found it chalky and cakey, and the lightest colour available oxidised terribly on my skin after applying Colorstay in Buff. I tried this 3 times with varying amounts and different density face brushes and just couldn't get this stuff to look good on my skin. Even the packaging is crappy - why even bother putting that tiny mirror in the lid, you can't see your whole face in it which is pointless unless you are going to be spot applying this. Perhaps it may work better for those with oily skin, but I can't be sure. I threw it away and will not repurchase!

on 9/21/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I am an NC42, and I chose medium-deep which was the darkest color on the display. So far I'm impressed. The color match is just about perfect, and it provides the matte finish I require. Doesn't have a scent, and it's reasonably priced. I got this at CVS for $2 after the Revlon coupon and the ECB reward.

on 8/14/2013 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The color and matte coverage of this was great. It goes well with the colorstay liquid foundation... BUT, it made me oilier than normal on bare skin and over foundation. I had to reapply throughout the day. I don't like the look and feel of having an oily face so I will not repurchase.

on 8/11/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This just did not work. Due to a lack of pigment and the fact nothing seem to even come on the little powder puff I just threw it out. Real waste of money

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of powders and this is probably the worst that I have tried. It is way overpriced for a drugstore powder and is not very good at controlling oil. Its very cheap feeling and not very finely milled; I find that at the end of the day it makes my skin look sort of cakey in certain areas.

AMAZING product! Doesnt look cakey or rough and perfects skin! Doesnt make me look all old-lady powdery either! Great, great powder! You can layer it too on blemishes to cover up! Will definately repurchase!

on 6/26/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

At first I had the old formula of this. The one in the thinner compact with the full mirror. I didn't like that one too much because I felt it didn't control oil well enough. So I bought the new formula hoping it would be better. It was. This controls oil good enough, this is just an overral good powder. The coverage is sheer-light, nowhere near medium or full but it does cover better than dream matte powder (my other current powder). The color range is very disappointing. The darkest shade barely suits me and I'm only NC45/50. It goes on white and too light but since it's so sheer I can just blend it well and it isnt noticable. I don't understand why they don't make shades to coordinate with the colorstay foundation. If you're any darker than caramel in the colorstay liquid or NC50 I doubt any of the shades will work for you. Oh and I don't like the half mirror in the compact! I mean who puts a HALF mirror in a powder? Other than that the packaging is bulky but its fine and I don't use the puff it came with. I paid $8 something for this, I cant remember. Kinda pricey for drugstore but its not a big deal.