September 16, 2014 | 1843 users online

Liquid - Almay - Wake Up Call Energizing Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2006 12:54:00 PM More reviews by brooksbelle

Absolute WORST foundation I have ever tried! It smells funny, stings my skin, and is so blotchy it seems like the product has to be a bad joke. Shame on you Almay--what a waste!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK so I NEED some yellow to even out my blotchy skin so I can go ahead and apply outrageous lip colors. Anyhoo, I wanted this to work very badly but oh how masque-like it was, emphasizing every line and pore and enveloping my poor visage in nastiness. I don't need this cheap foundation to undo all the Origins product and time I have invested in my problem skin. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

(ah yes, another product I like that others hate, LOL! That's just the way it is so I'm starting to go for things with low ratings.)

Anyway, I wore this yesterday and got a compliment on my makeup I've never had before, which made me take a longer look at this foundation since I hadn't been wearing it lately. I love the pump dispenser, the foundation is easy to blend, has no scent or tingly feel like some other Almay foundations; gives a nice natural sheer to medium finish depending on how much you use and how you apply (brush, fingers or sponge). It doesn't sink into laugh lines or enhance my pores, nor does it break me out and the Ivory shade matches my paleness perfectly. I used a little bit of powder on my t-zone after applying & this stuff lasted all day through a dentist appt without looking worse for the wear. I don't know about the "energizing properties" or whatever, but even so, it's earned a spot in my makeup rotation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2005 2:54:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this today and I was very happy with the coverage, which is light to medium. It is not sheer and it is not full or heavy coverage. However, it may be layerable as I haven't tried it but I don't see why not.

THE TEXTURE The texture is surprisingly fluid. Very fluid, more like a really runny moisturizer. However, it goes on so smoothly and so flawlessly, it really hangs in there.

THE DISPENSER It comes in a really nice pump dispenser that doesn't feel cheap. The bottle is a nice ergonomic design that you can really grab onto when you pump. If you had lotion on, it wouldn't slip. It's slightly flared at the neck but an oval shaped base and neck, so a flattened cone.

THE SHADE I worked it today to find "The Perfect Color." I selected Naked. I know what I'm doing when it comes to selecting color and please get help if you're not so sharp at it. Some complaints below should be more complaints about lacking the requisite skill of selecting the right color, not a review of the product!

THE WEAR I have normal skin. I have a slight bit of oil around my lips and around my nose, and I have no shine and a bit of flakes around my nostrils. I say that's NORMAL. Combination is a bit more of the oil and a bit more of the dry. I would say that this coverage has lasted me for hours without powder. However, I haven't tried it directly after moisturizing as some complaints have blasted the mixing of the two. I cannot complaint about that. Nor can I complain that the product wore off instantly. First, I am not working out or sweating today, even though it's 90, because I haven't been directly in the sun. But if it does occur, I promise I will update.

THE RATING I cannot give a product a five unless it's flawless. This is a step down from excellent because I didn't like one aspect of it. It did sort of glom onto the hair on my upper lip which I have never even noticed before and thus would never wax that area. Now I feel the hair on my upper lip is more noticeable due to the color possibly sticking there. I don't know whether I am in the minority in that I am not waxing, but I've never thought about this. So that is the one thing that I am deducting from a perfect score. But strangely, there are so many good aspects about this that I would buy it again.
EDITED: I changed the rating from 3 to 2 and from rebuy to not because I have too many problems with the application of this color. It is not smooth and I think it's not getting along with my moisturizer. It is so smeary and greasy you can practically see the fingerprints if you touch your face before this product sets. Did not care for after my initial "this is OK enough" period.

~Kelly~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2004 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Jubilee

I bought three trial sizes of three different types of Almay foundation. Out of the three, this one is the worst. It gives nice coverage, but that's about where the nice-ness stops. On my combination skin, it sinks in and looks mask-like on the dry parts and "balls up" on the oily. If you're looking for a good Almay foundation, try Skin Smoothing, Skin Stays Clean or even Amazing Lasting before this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 9:52:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I bought this foundation a while back and never purchased it again. I thought that it gave me a mask-like look. Coverage was a little to heavy for me. I thought that the foundation was thick and creamy. The scent was also over-powering - it did have a minty/menthol kind of smell (I guess that is what gives you the "wake up call"). I felt that it was also greasy for my combination skin. I have know switched to L'Oreal's True Match and like that foundation better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 1:58:00 AM More reviews by amber_vb

I thought it was really odd that everyone had such bad reviews about this product. I almost went broke trying to find a foundation that worked for me 2 years ago. I finally tried this and I love it. It looks really natural on me. I don't have a very clear complexion and this stuff covers that up, and my skin looks flawless. I just hope they don't discontinue it ever because I don't want to have to spend money to find a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2004 2:02:00 AM More reviews by achick

I always buy my foundation at department stores, but recently it's been really hard to find the right color. I wanted to find something that gives coverage, but isn't caked on and looks like wearing a mask. I ran out of foundation and determined to try something I picked up this foundation and gave it a go. It's the perfect color which is amazing considering I've ALWAYS mixed. It gives medium coverage and looks great if you like a very natural look. It even looks decent when my skin is dry or looking gross. I say try it out if you're looking for a foundation that won't make you break out and looks good. [almay is THE foundation to get if you don't want oil and other nasty things in your makeup].

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lemonlye

Hm, I should've listened to you folks. This does practically nothing for me. Doesn't even out my skin tone, basically disappears, but leaves me feeling a little greasy. Think I actually prefer my cheapo Shine-Free foundation to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mesmerize

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A while ago I had run out of my covergirl foundation and was looking to try something different. I was at eckerd and saw this on clearence for $2.75! It was a steal so I bought it. I really like this foundation. I only use a tiny bit on my face to even out flaws so that my skin looks more natural. It gives me skin a glowy finish. I also love the pump bottle. I took away one lippie because it stings if I get it near my eyes - I guess because of the ingredients. Other than that it gives me a nice natural finish. Will repurchase unless I find something I like better.