October 24, 2014 | 1602 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lotsflo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an incredible product. However, when I bought this around a year ago, I really didn't get on with it - I used to apply it with fingers/a small foundation brush and it just used to go orange and patchy throughout the day. HOWEVER.. I have repurchased this product this year.. and tried to apply it in a different way: I use the Real Techniques buffing brush.. and now I am able to achieve a more even application with the tinted moisturiser! I apply a big blob on my hand (about the size of a grape) and then dab the brush into a little bit of moisturiser and buff it into sections on my face. I buy the oil free in the shade 'nude' which works well with my pale skin (as long as I don't apply too much!). It does go very SLIGHTLY oily throughout the day, but if you dab it with some tissue paper etc then it's fine.

The finish is AMAZING.. it just makes you look like you've got a very even, beautiful tan which is glowy and you don't feel like you're wearing any makeup at all. Since using this I would NEVER go back to using foundations/heavy mineral powders or even BB creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Ghostwerld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have extremely dry skin at the moment thank to Accutane, and this stuff is amazing. It looks good without primer and even better with it. I hate looking like my face is covered in foundation, and this covers any redness without looking like a thick pancake of foundation, though it still has a great coverage and can be used all over the face. I'm not sure if it'll suit all skintones, though Laura Mercier is so good at matching mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Wendy315

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure what all the hype is. I tried a sample since the didn't have my color in stock. I have my first pimple in 10 years from it. Will continue using sample and update again. In comparison I obtain more of a matte finish with Trish McEvoy's tinted BB cream, which I have been using for over a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I don't think my version has SPF in it? This might differ by country or something?

However, I do really enjoy the oil-free tinted moisturizer, particularly for everyday coverage in the winter months. I have combo/oil skin so this product has enough moisture to cover my dry patches while not aggravating the more oily parts. The coverage is quite sheer but it's perfect for everyday use as I am mostly looking for something to even out my skin tone and hide some pesky red acne scarring.

I apply this product over a gel moisturizer (it is a foundation, not skincare) with a beauty blender and it looks as if I am not wearing any makeup at all.

However I would not wear this in the summertime as it does feel a little on the heavy side over sunscreen when it gets hotter out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by indskunk

Oxidises my face after 5mins even with a thin layer. I live in a humid country. The moment I walk out for a few minutes, hello oil-slick face. Hello pores. Will need to wipe it all off while walking. Tried in different conditions, rain, cloudy or shine, same outcome. Don't really like the squeeze tube, cannot control amount. Definitely giving this away :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by gaiLyghia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not the foundation for me, uuuggghh!! It does oxidize and looking orangey. So beware of that when choosing your color. Bought for SGD68 (if I'm not mistaken).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on days when I don't really want or need to wear a foundation. I find that it evens out my complexion nicely when I use a powder over it. It doesn't really have any scent to it, which I like and I find it really easy to apply. I mostly use my fingers to apply and blend this in. I got the shade "Blush" which matches my skin tone nicely.

It is oil-free, so whilst this doesn't do much to control oiliness, it doesn't add to it or make it worse either. Some tinted moisturisers I've used in the past feel greasy and heavy, so it's nice that this one does not. I have worn this at work and if I've been out for the day and I found it lasted the whole day. I did have to re-powder my T-zone but this is normal for me.

I would say the only down-side is the price, it is quite expensive but saying that I have found it to be very good quality and hasn't caused me to break out so I would probably purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Decent color range
-Contains SPF
-Oil Free
-Doesn't cause breakouts

CONS:
-Very greasy looking unless set with a powder
-Price
-Does not moisturize very well

BOTTOM LINE:
I would not repurchase. I originally got this on my honeymoon while visiting Sephora in Honolulu. I was sick of wearing a full coverage foundation in the sun when I was sweating due to the heat, so I picked this up for $40 US. That was seven months ago and my container is still nearly full, namely because I don’t particularly like this product.

It contains SPF which was great for my trip and daytime use. The color matched very well, but it doesn’t provide hardly any coverage (my acne scarring and hyperpigmentation still showed through). While I was expecting this to be light coverage, it just didn’t do enough for me. Also, after I apply it, my skin looks greasy. This might be because of the SPF. I definitely have to use concealer and a setting powder to help make this last and cover up my imperfections. It is oil-free and doesn't cause break-outs, so if you just need a layer of darkened moisturizer on your face, you might like this.

For the price of this product (that doesn't do a whole lot, in my opinion!) and me not loving it so much, I would not repurchase. I think you can buy Covergirl BB Cream (used to be Covergirl tinted moisturizer, but they jumped on the BB cream bandwagon) for $8 and get the same exact result.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

I love this stuff. I am not one who goes for full coverage because it just doesn't work on me. I hate having a caked on full coverage face but to each her own! This is sheer coverage but really evens out my skin tone. I always have a few problem spots so I just pop some concealer on and some translucent powder over and I'm good to go. Also I'm very very fair and the porcelain shade was light enough but too yellow for me and they just came out with a shade called cameo that is just as light but more neutral pink and I love it! Try this out if you have oily combo skin or even dry but don't want extra oil on your face :) also I'm extremely sensitive and this hasn't broken me out

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by scarmica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It seems like Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers are either holy grail or a no-go. For me, it is a no-go. I think the packaging is great, there is no offensive smell, and as far as I can tell it doesn't break me out. However, I find both the oil-free version and the regular version just turn me into an absolute greasy mess. Not to mention I don't find there is enough coverage. I've been sampling TM's the past month (thank you, Sephora!) - including Dior Hydra-Youth, Stila, Laura Mercier, Bobby Brown, etc. and can honestly say LM's doesn't land anywhere in the top 3 (my fave is Stila, to date). Plus in Canada the LM TM sells for $55/tube which I find a bit insulting so it would have to be amazing for me to pay the $$!