Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 4/4/2015 9:41:00 PM

I'm disappointed because I really do enjoy this product. But, occasionally it did cause some dry flakes and my biggest issue is that it oxidizes into a orange color. I love the coverage, lasting power and everything but I can't stand how badly it oxidizes.

on 3/23/2015 10:46:00 PM

3/23/15 just bought this today--wanted to buy the regular Laura Mercier, but the saleslady told me to get the oil free as i tend to have oilier skin, but she advised my to use a moisturizer with it. So we shall see. I like a lighter tinted moisturizer for every day use, and haven't found one I like yet, so maybe this will be a fit for me. I will update my rating as time passes. Starting with 4 stars.

3/26/15 Okay, so i've worn this for a few days. Here's what I've noticed: when I put it on at first I am like "meh, it's not doing anything" but about 30-40 minutes later when I look in the mirror my skin looks pretty darn good--it's like it needs to settle in or something, but it really brings out the glow in my skin. No, there's not a lot of coverage, but I am generally not a fan of foundation, more of a BB creme and tinted moisturizer gal. I've tried a lot of tinted moisturizers but they're mostly all too pink for me. This one isn't. So, so far so good.

on 2/14/2015 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Omg. This TM sucked the moisture right out my skin leaving it very dry and flaky. I accidentally grabbed the oil free version at Sephora on a trip to NY when my travel makeup leaked all over and I had to pitch it. I got it in Blush which is a shade lighter in the oil-free than the regular version and the color was lovely. The tube is also hygienic and easy to tote around. I tried it for a little bit over a week but it just made my skin peel and I finally decided to exchange it for Porcelain in the original version. For someone with oilier skin than mine, I see how it could be a perfect makeup item. It provides more coverage than most TMs but it's still more translucent than a full foundation. Sadly it didn't work for me but I still think it's a great item for those with oily complexions.

on 2/12/2015 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like a good tinted moisturizer to even out my skin tone and provide some natural looking coverage. The LM oil free Tinted moisturizer fits the bill perfectly. I have combination skin with oily T zone, I apply this moisturizer and some powders on my T, it keeps me matte most of the day. I would definitely repurchase, this tinted moisturizer gives me the best natural finish by far, perfect for the everyday look I like.

Unfortunately this did clog my pores. It's a shame because I actually really liked the coverage and color selection.

on 12/28/2014 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great tinted moisturizer. It doesn't have quite as much coverage as the Nars tinted moisturizer, but it still gives that natural, radiant look to my skin that I love. It's perfect for everyday!

on 12/27/2014 10:19:00 AM

This summer I bought the tinted moisturizer for the first time. I wanted some leight coverage. I use this in porcelain and I love it. My skin never looked more natural. I like that it has spf 20, and the oil free version of this is good for me, althoughh I have dry skin. But it doesnt make me look shiny and still moisturizes enough.
I still use it now, in the winter, so it lasts very long. Though the price is high I think it is well worth it. I still have at least half the tube left although I use it daily for 6 month now. great purchase!

on 12/23/2014 6:33:00 PM

I have repurchased this so many times! I have quite fair skin with relatively neutral to pinky undertones and wear the shade Porcelain, and it matches very nicely. It provides a sheer coverage, but still evens out my skin tone. I would recommend this to someone, who was looking for a nice light coverage for days when you don't want to wear a fuller coverage foundation.

on 12/22/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a medium coverage foundation. I went to Sephora and got color matched across several product lines. This matches perfectly. My shade is Caramel. This gives me everything I need without being heavy. Ever since I started using this I no longer need to use filters when I take a selfie :--). I will continue to purchase until they discontinue or change the formula.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this on the recommendation of a sales associate for a lightweight, oil free base. I'm sure it looks great, but for almost $80 CAD you get:
-parabens
-strong chemical and metallic scent

If we're going to pay that price, they should at least make better efforts to use better quality ingredients.