Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 12/23/2014 6:33:00 PM

I have repurchased this so many times! I have quite fair skin with relatively neutral to pinky undertones and wear the shade Porcelain, and it matches very nicely. It provides a sheer coverage, but still evens out my skin tone. I would recommend this to someone, who was looking for a nice light coverage for days when you don't want to wear a fuller coverage foundation.

on 12/22/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a medium coverage foundation. I went to Sephora and got color matched across several product lines. This matches perfectly. My shade is Caramel. This gives me everything I need without being heavy. Ever since I started using this I no longer need to use filters when I take a selfie :--). I will continue to purchase until they discontinue or change the formula.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this on the recommendation of a sales associate for a lightweight, oil free base. I'm sure it looks great, but for almost $80 CAD you get:
-parabens
-strong chemical and metallic scent

If we're going to pay that price, they should at least make better efforts to use better quality ingredients.

on 12/7/2014 4:15:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this tinted moisturiser. I usually use NARS tinted moisturiser but thought I'd buy the Laura Mercier for a change. The shade is Nude and it's an excellent match for my skin tone. Once I've applied the product to my skin, it begins to oxidise and unfortunately that's where the problem lies. I have tried using a number of different Techniques to apply it, with and without primer, with different powders and no luck. I have just stuck to my tried and tested NARS.

on 12/6/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this because it looks flawless and natural on the many YT personalities I've watched. I've applied this a dozen times, and each time I end up breaking out. It does look nice on the cheek area but after some time it migrates into skin creases (frown lines, crows feet). This would probably work on people with dry skin because it's so moisturizing and doesn't exaggerate dry patches the way most foundations do. Unfortunately this is too skin clogging for me..so much so that I'm afraid to try other LM foundations

on 11/24/2014 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Laura Mercier is known for her base products and this one doesn't disappoint. Foundation is definitely a personal preference as it is with all makeup and despite the mediocre reviews, the oil free tinted moisturizer works for me.

I'm normal/combo (slightly dry in the winter and slightly oily in the summer) and I really dislike heavy bases. I prefer lightweight formulas with a sheer to medium finish for everyday.
This tinted moisturizer gives me the sheer finish I like and prefer and I can also layer it for more coverage if I choose.
Best of all, it doesn't make me look like an oil slick by mid day like other tinted moisturizers can. Once I set it with powder, the staying power is impressive.

I'm a NC30/C3 and Nude is the closest match for me. I think it's a tad bit neutral for my yellow toned complexion but this isn't an issue in the winter when I'm paler.

This is one tinted moisturizer that is worth the money for me and I'd repurchase.

on 10/24/2014 12:30:00 PM

doesn't break me out and I've quite acne prone skin!

on 9/20/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I got this from Bloomingdales, the BA matched the shade for me. She picked the shade natural and ochre for me at first, ochre is too yellow for me and natural is perfect but because my face is darker than the rest of my body, it would look quite orange. So the color bisque which has more neutral undertones would be better. So I got the shade bisque.

For the price, I agree it's pricey, but you only need a little for the whole face.

It's quite buildable, usually I add a little bit more around the nose to cover the redness. The coverage is light, to cover mild acne scars and redness around the face. It doesn't crease especially on the drier areas like the under eye area.

The finish is dewy-er than expected, but it gives you a nice healthy glow and the illusion as if you don't wear anything on your face. Use a little powder to make it less shiny, I use their loose powder which is also really nice. The staying power is superb, I use this at 5 AM and went out all day, and even until 7 PM it still look amazing, and I didn't even touch up!

And of course, this doesn't cause any break outs on my sensitive skin. Which is the thing I look for in a product. So sensitive skin or allergy prone skin can give this a shot (but remember to read the ingredients too).

Overall I really recommend this product! It's long lasting, has value for money, sensitive skin friendly :)

on 9/8/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute go to product and it lasts me foreverrrr. I use it every day and hardly ever run out. I have repurchased this product once before so I am now on my second bottle. I began using this product a little over a year ago and i am still in love with it every time. I can not go without it. Sometimes it goes on a little thicker than other days, so I will just put on a natural moisturizer underneath to help move the product around. It has never and will never break me out. I have recommended this to so many friends and family members!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, I enjoyed my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It's great for a clean, natural look. Even though it's expensive, I felt like it lasted long enough to justify the price. I would buy it again, but I think I'll try some other light coverage foundations first.