October 20, 2014 | 1497 users online

Powder - MAC - Lightful Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Dyannacheong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YES, the product is amazing. I am glad to finally have something that is avilable in Singapore and not need to import/CP/get online.

I ve used NC 35 before but MA recommended for NC 37. Hence i went along with 37. I like the fact that it is smooth upon application and not cakey. :)

However , it oxidize a little and it was darker , hmmm... shld have went for the nc35.

it gets oily after an hour or so. Other than that it is worth buying- no breakouts so far-fingers crossssss x

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by chiffondress

I love this foundation! I have a fair asian skin (NC25) with a few old pimple marks and the MAC lightful powder foundation provides enough coverage for me without giving a heavy feeling. I prefer this over studio fix as it feels and looks more natural on the skin. It's more translucent and it doesn't look like you got too much make up on your face. I also love how it's a yellow based foundation which is perfect for my skin. This is the only make up I put on my face and it's enough to make me look flawless. On top of it being a good coverage, it also has SPF 25 and a lightening effect, which I find really helpful as I don't really use sunscreen.

The only downside I find with this product is the limited distribution (only found in Asia) and the price. It is more expensive than the studio fix. However, I think its worth the price you pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by purple1187

Switched to Lightful after I broke out REALLY bad with MAC Studio Fix Powder. I love Lightful. I put it on just once a day, then dust BE Mineral Veil on top for touch-ups. It's all I need for all-day coverage. Lightful covers really well as does Studio Fix, but doesn't cause break-outs (even if sometimes I fail to remove it before sleeping haha) and doesn't feel as heavy on the skin. It's very expensive though, but I say, super worth it. If you love Studio Fix but it does bad things on your skin, then Lightful is perfect for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Cbc1025

This review is for the MAC Lightful Ultracharge Foundation Spf25. I found out that there was also a MAC Lightful Protective Foundation Spf20. The latter is a LE. I don't know if both have the same formula.

The MAC Lightful doesn't settle on the fine lines around my eyes unlike the MAC Studio Fix which does. MSF also makes me look like I'm wearing too much makeup but the Lightful looks so natural and fresh on my skin. I'm a NC30 at the MSF and the MA said that it's the same as with the Lightful shades but it is not. The NC30 of Lightful is slightly lighter on my skin than the NC30 of MSF.

I like using the sponge that comes with it than a brush. After primer, patting the powder on gives me more coverage. I finish it off with Mac Fix+ and Mac Select Sheer Pressed Powder NC25. Goes on the same as the time I put it on for hours in this 90 degrees heat. But I stll need to blot after a few hours. I recommend that you buy your exact shade bec. it doesn't oxidize.
This is a little too pricey compared to the other MAC foundations. I had to pay for the compact and the seperate refill. The MA said that I can take the refill B2Mac.

Plus points for the Spf25. Overall this is my HG foundation. Luv!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I switched from RMK to MAC as it was recommended as value for money. Unfortunately, when I went to purchase, the SA advised that Lightful range was suitable for me and this is the range where you pay slightly more for the container. Nevertheless, I tried it and no regrets. I am liking it but it hasn't wowed me or anything like that. My nose still gets shiny after a couple of hours but I doubt there is anything on the market that would prevent my nose from shining in this humid climate!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tihlyv

I've been using this product for over a year now. The reason I first bought it is because I was using MAC concealer and it was pretty good and when the salegirl told me it has SPF in it I knew I will buy them because I'm those lazy type who doesn't apply any sunscreen on my face. The Powder was light and makes me looks like I wasn't wearing any makeup. The only thing I don't like is the sponge they've included (and the price was kinda ex). I feel that it was difficult to apply and doesn't make the powder even on my face. Thus, I've been using a brush instead and the result was great! My friend told me MAC foundation will oxidise after a few hours but I don't have any problem yet. Instead it was EDM foundation which I'd used oxidised when I'm in an air-con room. Will continue to use them until I've found sth I like.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by lvlover26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know if I like this product or not. I really wanted to try a MAC foundation that's why I bought it based on good reviews here in MUA. Sadly, it feels tight when I use it alone and the staying power is not that good. I don't also like the coverage and I can't find the perfect match for my skin. Good thing I didn't buy the compact.
I only use it now for touchups and to set my liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

i absolutely love this!i was in love with studiox fix before this but it broke me horribly but not this.it feels so lightweight on my skin n the coverage is enough to conceal my scars,but i have to admit tht studio fix covers much better.the lasting power is alright,but did not last as long as i wished. Overall its a great foundation,but much more expensive than studio fix ofcourse,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 7:37:00 AM More reviews by stardustt

Same experience as super77! (: she tried nw25 and nc35 on me, and she thought that nc35 suited me well! (i have studio fix powder plus foundation in nw25) so i got nc35 and i've been loving it! it gives me a flawless look, doesnt cake on too much and looks absolutely natural, as well as brightens me up (: though yeah it is pretty expensive to get the powder refill at sgd60 and the compact for sgd14.. it will probably last me for months, so i wont complain! i love this stuff (:

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe I haven't done a review for this powder having had it for over 5 months. I love this so much because it blends seamlessly into my skin making me look like I have flawless skin. It is also very lightweight making me feel like I'm not wearing any foundation at all. I also like this because its good for my oily skin, I feel that my skin doesn't get oily as fast as the other powder foundations I have tried before. Bonus points too for its SPF! The only thing I complain about is the price. The compact itself costs SGD14 and the refill costs a whooping SGD60 which is about USD 40. Yikes at the price, however I had mine for about 5 months and still have plenty left its ok I guess.

I wear NC35 and what I do is use my everyday minerals flat top and buff this powder on for a flawless finish.

Update: I no longer use this as I prefer another powder which is MUFE Duo Mat. Dropping this to 3.5 lipsticks