October 24, 2014 | 1924 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I am rather picky about eyeliners. My former favorite was Revlon Colorstay, which had great staying power but was dry and tugged at my eyelids during application. Rimmel Scandaleyes was much cheaper than Colorstay, more pigmented and much softer, but it was TOO soft because I burned through half a pencil in a month! Scandaleyes also had a lot of shimmery shades which weren't really toned-down or work-appropriate enough for me.

Gosh's Velvet Touch eyeliner was the perfect intermediate. The pencil was soft enough that it applied easily without tugging at my skin, but it was also hard enough that it didn't melt with every use like Scandaleyes. I got the shade Truly Brown and it had a deep, rich, matte finish (as the name implies). Worn over a primer, it lasted ALL DAY with very minimal fading and no smudging. I was really impressed because I have hooded eyes and oily skin, so most eyeliners tend to smudge in some way on me.

The only con was that it's about $12 in New York City, which makes it more expensive than Colorstay (around $9) and Scandaleyes (around $5-6). Still, it is literally the PERFECT everyday eyeliner for me so I think it's worth every cent. I'm planning on returning to pick up the black, a backup of the brown, and maybe check out the other colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by LovesBeautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite eyeliner! I use to wear liquid eyeliner inside my water line regularly, but i think that sometimes wearin liquid eyeliner in the waterline looks too sharp. But since i found this eyeliner i wear it in my waterline and it gives a softer look. It is definately waterproof, ive splashed water on my face and it has never come off.
However, NEGATIVES - If you put it on your eyelid and you sweat or its humid it does smudge. Also on the waterline the staying power is not very long, so i have to reapply the eyeliner every other hour! whereas with liquid eyeliner i barely have to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

woooow wooow WOW! I almost can't believe this.. It's the cheapest and the BEST kohl I've ever had! It's better than my previous favorite from Lancome :o I'm happily Surpriced!

I got it in black ink

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by estellise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this considering all the good reviews. However, this didn't work for me. I expected a waterproof eyeliner that lasted all day and wouldn't smudge. It didn't last all day, wasn't waterproof, and did smudge.
I bought it in Black Ink. It is a good pigmented black color for a pencil eyeliner. And also smooth and creamy for a pencil (it went on without too much trouble, just glides on).
I used this without eyeshadow or anything else on my eye. It lasted through a dinner and when I got home it had only smudged a little. So it looked okay after about 3-4 hours.
I used this with eyeshadow and it didn't help it set. I put it on early in the morning (just on the upper line). It smudged a little by noon and ran down to the lower line (made it looked like I had intentionally put it there). By the evening, it was pretty smudged around my eye. It wasn't terrible; I didn't end up with raccoon eyes, it just looked like I had smudged it around for a smoky look. So it wasn't terrible, just not what I had expected or wanted.
My eyes aren't terribly oily, but for some reason pencil liners usually do not work for me. I was hoping this would, but it didn't. For $12.50 a pencil, I'll keep looking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using the shade 015 Pure Natural as a brow pencil and it does a pretty decent job. I have oily skin which can cause my brows to fade, but this holds up very well. It may be ever so slightly too yellow, but I still think it's a good match for my blonde brows. I also have this eyeliner in a dark olive colour and it's fantastic, one of my faves.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing eyeliner - goes on well, is waterproof, lasts all day and costs less than 5! What more can you ask for?! I use this in truly brown and is definitely the best eyeliner I've come across. Would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down the best pencil liner I've ever tried, it's creamy, easy to apply, it stays on all day, you barely have to top up wit this. The price is amazing for what it's worth. Who need a high end eyeliner when you have this?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This in hypnotic grey is perfect for my pale skin and blue eyes. Much better than solid black. I use it for lining between lashes and with eyeshadows for smokey eyes. Consistency is perfect, not too soft and not too hard. Lasting power is phenomenal for such a cheap product. Staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my ongoing search for a HG eyeliner, I've found a felt tip liner that is great for the top lid but so far, a suitable eyeliner for my waterlines that doesn't slip off after the first hour or so has been difficult.

Step in, GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner. After reading some incredibly positive reviews on MUA, I took the plunge and I am so glad that I did.

I have this in black and the pigment is perfect - its as dark as you could want. It applies easily and quickly, giving great definition to the eyes.

My main concern is always staying power and this liner definitely has it! I work in a very warm office which causes all my other kohl liners to disappear and re-appear underneath my eyes but this one is still framing my eyes, even after a very long day! It only takes a cosmetic wipe to remove because cleanser alone hasn't removed it properly so far.

Unlike other liners I've bought, my sensitive eyes have not started itching or being irritated when this has been worn on my waterline.

The price is very reasonable (4.99 in Superdrug at the moment) and is certainly at the lower end of the price range.

All in all, this is close to being my HG waterline eyeliner. Definitely worth a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Vynro

Absolutely LOVE. This is definitely the best pencil I've ever used.

The most redeeming qualities of this would be:

the PRICE - pretty much dirt cheap compared to any other decent liner out there, and for some weird reason they are always on a buy-one-get-one-free sale. I get this for 88HKD each when it's not on sale.

WATERPROOF & STAYING POWER - When I go tanning/for a splash at the beach or pool, this stays on. I actually wear this to swimming training (as in doing laps) as well and after an hour although a lot of it has worn off, it doesn't smudge at all. Perfect for the rainy weather I've been getting recently. As for durability in general, it lasts for a good 8 hours. Without reapplying after those 8 you do get some residue at the corner of your eyes, which I don't actually mind very much.

COLOURS - this comes in the most brilliant array of colours, which isn't common for many brands. I've personally tried Pretty Petrol (a vivid medium blue, perfect for partying), Hypnotic Grey (a very dark grey which looks black on my skin) and Truly Brown (a dark brown for everyday use). For some reason I found the brown to stay on better than the grey does.

On a last note, I've seen that many people have commented on it being too soft and having to sharpen too often. A little tip would be to apply this tilted to one side so that it remains sharp enough for when you're going for a more defined shape. I personally never shave mine unless absolutely necessary, because a lot of this stuff goes to waste when sharpened.