GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

on 10/6/2013 9:29:00 PM

I had to rush home to write a positive review about this eyeliner (I got the black ink). WOW.... amazing staying power, I mean "AMAZING"! All the girls who can not live without eyeliners, go to get one right now otherwise you are missing out big time. I'm definitely an eyeliner girl and there is not even one time I did my makeup without a black eyeliner. But all black eyeliners either smudges to a raccoon eye or disappears before I check in the mirror (I tired pretty much every eyeliner from every brand, highend to drugstore) , this one OMG, whole day since 10am I bought it till 6pm I just got home, stays put like I just put it on.

After reading all the glory reviews about GOSH velvet touch eyeliner before, I decided to buy it today. When I saw the $7CAD sales tag I was even more excited to buy it, but at the check out it still appears the full price at $12, so I talked to the sale assistant to make sure if they got the right price (don't get me wrong, I would still pay full price even double the price for this amazing product, just needed to clarify if I misunderstood anything). Turns out the store made a mistake on the sales tag (only some colors were on sale but they were not able to find out which one), so when I was going to the check out again and ready to pay the full price they ended up giving it to me for FREE (it's like an apology for misleading the customer) WHAT...? Either it was my pure luck, or complete fate, I will be loyal to this eyeliner for ever. Sorry other brands, after years and years of trying out all the eyeliners, there hasn't been one that I could be loyal to, now I'm officially "off the market" for eyeliners lol.

PS: The packaging is as good as MAC eyeliners, definitely high-end quality. Also I'm switching to "non-toxic" makeups, which makes it even harder for me to find a perfect eyeliner. This is also harsh chemical free, so hands down the HD eyeliner for me.

on 7/29/2013 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

OMFG!!!! HG eyeliner right here. I have Hypnotic Grey and Natural. Hypnotic grey is a beautiful dark grey that is an extremely wearable colour for everyday. It compliments my dark brown eyes. I wear it in the corner of my eyes so like a bit on my top lash line and a bit on my bottom (not in my waterline) if you know what I mean. I used to wear natural when my skin was extremely fair but now that I have a tan it can't be seen is it is a very light light brown. I am going to buy Truly Brown and Funky Violet which is a browny reddish purple. So excited to try those. The formula is extremely creamy so I never have to pull or tug when putting it on, in fact I hardly have to touch my eyelid with the pencil. It gives a great colour pay off, just one line gives me a beautiful grey. I would recommend this to anyone and the colour options are amazing, there are 25 colour choices in my store (however I do live in Denmark where the brand originates from) Yeah so basically it is the best pencil i have tried, much better than highenders e.g. UD 24/7

on 7/11/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am rather picky about eyeliners. My former favorite was Revlon Colorstay, which had great staying power but was dry and tugged at my eyelids during application. Rimmel Scandaleyes was much cheaper than Colorstay, more pigmented and much softer, but it was TOO soft because I burned through half a pencil in a month! Scandaleyes also had a lot of shimmery shades which weren't really toned-down or work-appropriate enough for me.

Gosh's Velvet Touch eyeliner was the perfect intermediate. The pencil was soft enough that it applied easily without tugging at my skin, but it was also hard enough that it didn't melt with every use like Scandaleyes. I got the shade Truly Brown and it had a deep, rich, matte finish (as the name implies). Worn over a primer, it lasted ALL DAY with very minimal fading and no smudging. I was really impressed because I have hooded eyes and oily skin, so most eyeliners tend to smudge in some way on me.

The only con was that it's about $12 in New York City, which makes it more expensive than Colorstay (around $9) and Scandaleyes (around $5-6). Still, it is literally the PERFECT everyday eyeliner for me so I think it's worth every cent. I'm planning on returning to pick up the black, a backup of the brown, and maybe check out the other colors as well.

on 5/10/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite eyeliner! I use to wear liquid eyeliner inside my water line regularly, but i think that sometimes wearin liquid eyeliner in the waterline looks too sharp. But since i found this eyeliner i wear it in my waterline and it gives a softer look. It is definately waterproof, ive splashed water on my face and it has never come off.
However, NEGATIVES - If you put it on your eyelid and you sweat or its humid it does smudge. Also on the waterline the staying power is not very long, so i have to reapply the eyeliner every other hour! whereas with liquid eyeliner i barely have to reapply.

on 3/12/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

woooow wooow WOW! I almost can't believe this.. It's the cheapest and the BEST kohl I've ever had! It's better than my previous favorite from Lancome :o I'm happily Surpriced!

I got it in black ink

on 2/7/2013 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was excited to try this considering all the good reviews. However, this didn't work for me. I expected a waterproof eyeliner that lasted all day and wouldn't smudge. It didn't last all day, wasn't waterproof, and did smudge.
I bought it in Black Ink. It is a good pigmented black color for a pencil eyeliner. And also smooth and creamy for a pencil (it went on without too much trouble, just glides on).
I used this without eyeshadow or anything else on my eye. It lasted through a dinner and when I got home it had only smudged a little. So it looked okay after about 3-4 hours.
I used this with eyeshadow and it didn't help it set. I put it on early in the morning (just on the upper line). It smudged a little by noon and ran down to the lower line (made it looked like I had intentionally put it there). By the evening, it was pretty smudged around my eye. It wasn't terrible; I didn't end up with raccoon eyes, it just looked like I had smudged it around for a smoky look. So it wasn't terrible, just not what I had expected or wanted.
My eyes aren't terribly oily, but for some reason pencil liners usually do not work for me. I was hoping this would, but it didn't. For $12.50 a pencil, I'll keep looking.

on 2/4/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using the shade 015 Pure Natural as a brow pencil and it does a pretty decent job. I have oily skin which can cause my brows to fade, but this holds up very well. It may be ever so slightly too yellow, but I still think it's a good match for my blonde brows. I also have this eyeliner in a dark olive colour and it's fantastic, one of my faves.

on 2/3/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing eyeliner - goes on well, is waterproof, lasts all day and costs less than 5! What more can you ask for?! I use this in truly brown and is definitely the best eyeliner I've come across. Would highly recommend.

on 1/11/2013 1:35:00 PM

Hands down the best pencil liner I've ever tried, it's creamy, easy to apply, it stays on all day, you barely have to top up wit this. The price is amazing for what it's worth. Who need a high end eyeliner when you have this?

on 9/22/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This in hypnotic grey is perfect for my pale skin and blue eyes. Much better than solid black. I use it for lining between lashes and with eyeshadows for smokey eyes. Consistency is perfect, not too soft and not too hard. Lasting power is phenomenal for such a cheap product. Staple!

Top Rated GOSH Products