April 19, 2014 | 840 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Mia538

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing eyeliner - goes on well, is waterproof, lasts all day and costs less than 5! What more can you ask for?! I use this in truly brown and is definitely the best eyeliner I've come across. Would highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down the best pencil liner I've ever tried, it's creamy, easy to apply, it stays on all day, you barely have to top up wit this. The price is amazing for what it's worth. Who need a high end eyeliner when you have this?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This in hypnotic grey is perfect for my pale skin and blue eyes. Much better than solid black. I use it for lining between lashes and with eyeshadows for smokey eyes. Consistency is perfect, not too soft and not too hard. Lasting power is phenomenal for such a cheap product. Staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my ongoing search for a HG eyeliner, I've found a felt tip liner that is great for the top lid but so far, a suitable eyeliner for my waterlines that doesn't slip off after the first hour or so has been difficult.

Step in, GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner. After reading some incredibly positive reviews on MUA, I took the plunge and I am so glad that I did.

I have this in black and the pigment is perfect - its as dark as you could want. It applies easily and quickly, giving great definition to the eyes.

My main concern is always staying power and this liner definitely has it! I work in a very warm office which causes all my other kohl liners to disappear and re-appear underneath my eyes but this one is still framing my eyes, even after a very long day! It only takes a cosmetic wipe to remove because cleanser alone hasn't removed it properly so far.

Unlike other liners I've bought, my sensitive eyes have not started itching or being irritated when this has been worn on my waterline.

The price is very reasonable (4.99 in Superdrug at the moment) and is certainly at the lower end of the price range.

All in all, this is close to being my HG waterline eyeliner. Definitely worth a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Vynro

Absolutely LOVE. This is definitely the best pencil I've ever used.

The most redeeming qualities of this would be:

the PRICE - pretty much dirt cheap compared to any other decent liner out there, and for some weird reason they are always on a buy-one-get-one-free sale. I get this for 88HKD each when it's not on sale.

WATERPROOF & STAYING POWER - When I go tanning/for a splash at the beach or pool, this stays on. I actually wear this to swimming training (as in doing laps) as well and after an hour although a lot of it has worn off, it doesn't smudge at all. Perfect for the rainy weather I've been getting recently. As for durability in general, it lasts for a good 8 hours. Without reapplying after those 8 you do get some residue at the corner of your eyes, which I don't actually mind very much.

COLOURS - this comes in the most brilliant array of colours, which isn't common for many brands. I've personally tried Pretty Petrol (a vivid medium blue, perfect for partying), Hypnotic Grey (a very dark grey which looks black on my skin) and Truly Brown (a dark brown for everyday use). For some reason I found the brown to stay on better than the grey does.

On a last note, I've seen that many people have commented on it being too soft and having to sharpen too often. A little tip would be to apply this tilted to one side so that it remains sharp enough for when you're going for a more defined shape. I personally never shave mine unless absolutely necessary, because a lot of this stuff goes to waste when sharpened.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Argh! I so wanted to LOVE this eyeliner, but it was such a let down :( I was in Vegas and walked into the Walgreens on the strip (the newer, nicer 2 leveled one) and was blown away to see the display of not sold in the states makeup! My eyes went directly to the GOSH display :) FYI, they also sell Becca. Well, I've been wanting to try the Velvet Touch Eyeliners but they are not sold in the states and I refuse to pay the hefty shipping cost. As soon as I applied it to my waterline, I knew it was gonna be a 'mistake purchase'. The color I picked was Black Ink, because I'm a sucker for black, really black eyeliners. For something called Black Ink this applies more like soft black or even charcoal. There wasn't much of a staying power either. In a nutshell the pencil is okay, but it's a no go for what I wanted to use it for which is lining my waterline. My Milani and Prestige pencils are way more pigmented and have better staying power than this pencil does.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got 3 of these in a swap. 2 blue ones, and the Lemon color one. I made a test and for some reason the lemon color lasts much better than the blue ones. Usually no pencils last on me but the lemon color lasted on me vibrant all day. This is way better than MUFE, Urben Decay or MAC pencils. The blue ones were same as the other brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful stuff, stays waterproof, doesn't hurt my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Finally HG eyeliner PEN! Says waterproof. Biggest test was when I was laughing so that tears were running out of control along my face.
Foundation was ruined but this had NO fading of colour and zero smudging on upper and lower lashline. I never use lines on waterline. Slides on smoothly. These are far better than UD 24/7 and my previous HGs Artdeco wp and Revlon CS. 20 shades available here for 9EUR. I`m going to collect all that suit me. Now I have Blue Lagoon; beautiful turquoise for summer, Purple Stain; deep enough purple for my dark eyes and Golden Moss; good green!. A colour that I though would never suit me, UD Stash did not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Excellent eyeliners. I have two: 'Purple Stain' (a vibrant blue-based violet) and 'Golden Moss' (a gilded olive), and I'm very happy with them. They're easy to work with and stay put until I remove my makeup.