Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0. 5% (acne treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Alcohol Denat. , Tribehenin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Serica (silk, soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Trisiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891).

on 10/16/2013 5:22:00 PM

I really love this concealer. I use it two ways: to cover blemishes and as a "foundation" of sorts. I dab the SMALLEST amount on blemishes first. Then I dab VERY SMALL dots on my chin, upper lip, & nose, where I have the most discoloration (from old blemishes) and the most chance of breaking out again. I then blend the dabs on blemishes with a Q-tip and the dabs on those other 3 areas with my pinky. I then dust with Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Powder (with my largest brush). Blemishes and discoloration are concealed, and hopefully, I am also doing a little double-duty to kill the acne I have & prevent more from happening. I do not use any other kind of "foundation." I have not and will not try this on my dark undereye circles - that skin is dry & thin enough, why on earth would I (or anyone else) use a product with salicylic acid on that area? I have other concealers for that. This one is perfect for what I'm using it for & I will definitely keep buying it. The price is right (much lower than department store brands) and the coloration is perfect & long-lasting.

on 9/26/2013 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This is a decent drugstore concealer for blemishes (its quite matte, it would probably be a little too drying and heavy around my eyes) but I hate how scented it is, it smells like a cheap old lady perfume

I have been using this product for about six years now, and still love it!

It lasts ALL day. It stays on when I go swimming, running, you name it. This is the only concealer I will wear now because it is the only one that will survive my boyfriends kisses.

It has never broken me out. It doesn't help my blemishes heal faster or improve them in any real way, but it does the essential job SO well!

Colour match is good, I love the packaging, blends nicely, doesn't look cakey. The only downside is it's a bit pricey for a drugstore concealer in my opinion. However, I love it and will continue to repurchase it. I highly recommend it!

I can't use any other concealer! Literally. It covers up my dark circles in a snap. I also take it everywhere. I have he color light and it's perfect. Like no other! :)

on 5/16/2013 4:47:00 PM

I quite like this product. I got it in the light colour, and the coverage is quite good. I got a colour that fits my skin tone quite well and it blends in very nicely without having to use too much. One thing I don't like about this product is how small the tube is, and how little product is really in the tube. I don't usually use this product alone, as I usually use a powder on top for better coverage, but overall I do like this product and will probably be repurchasing after I run out.

on 4/25/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I quite like this concealer. It provides good coverage with a matte finish, blends well, and doe foot applicators are so delightfully squishy. The 0.5% salicylic acid is gentle enough that I can use this concealer on unblemished areas of skin without drying or irritation.

However, I'm not sure if I'd rely purely on this product to dry out blemishes -- perhaps use a nightly spot treatment too. The packaging is probably not the most hygienic, but I'm not fussed considering I use it on clean skin anyway.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very strong black eye circles and dry skin, my cream stick concealer tends to make my skin drier and gets cakey after a while, so I decided to try out some liquid concealer.

I'm quite disappointed with this concealer. Yes, the colour does stay for a long time, but it doesn't have a good coverage. I put on 3-4 layer and I still see my black eye circle. The colour of this is also rather grey and pale. I have to use this with 2 layers of my cream stick concealer for full coverage of my black eye circle, and to balance the colour a bit, to make it brighter and not so grey and pale.

I guess it works for people who don't have strong black eye circles, because it didn't work for me at all. Won't be buying this product again.

on 4/4/2013 4:55:00 AM

I've been using this concealer for yearsssssss to cover healed reddish or brownish acne marks on the face or some brownish legs blemishes. I have it in light..I luv the staving power above all truly colorstay, stays until u shower or rub and wash it off. Definitely not for the undereye, it contains salicylic acid which can drying/irritating. The only thing that I hate about this product is that on face blemishes it makes them redder after you washed it off, I believe it's the saliccylic acid in it. Revlon has a new version w/o the SA but it watery not as good so I Am now using The Maybelline Superstay for blemishes......

on 3/29/2013 12:47:00 PM

Is this product being discontinued? I have used it for years, and now use it on T zone but not near eyes (use other Color Stay under-eye concealer for that--one w/o the salacitic acid). Foundations no longer look nice on my aging skin, but this stuff covers the worst with benefits.
It fills pores, prevents blackheads and breakouts, plus it helps dry up any red bump. But it does go on with a drag unless one uses a moisturizer first, which I do.
The color is just right--Fair, which is not always easy to find. Sometimes Light is the lightest shade on a rack, and it has too much yellow in it for my skin.

on 3/26/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

My favorite concealer so far & I came upon this by accident, lol! $8 at my Target I believe. A little pricey for a drugstore concealer in my opinion, but it has lasted me 3 months so far...

Since this is a concealer I should probably start off by saying that I do have acne-prone/oily skin, although right now I don't have many break outs but I do have a few acne scars, nothing too bad.

BOTTOM LINE: This is what I'll be using for a while unless they discontinue it! It applies on my skin with the little applicator brush well & I actually use this with the UD Naked foundation and it surprisingly blends with it well also! A match made in heaven for me, haha.

***It says it has salicylic acid in it & although I'm not 100% sure if this is the reason why my skin has been at least slightly better, it hasn't broken me out either so this is a plus for me. Yes, I do recommend that if you're searching for a new concealer, try this out.