LUSH Mange Too massage bar

Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Perfume, Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), White Chocolate, Fresh Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Honey (Mel), Peppermint Oil ( Mentha piperita), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), *Limonene.

on 1/8/2013 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm fairly new to Lush things, but I loooooooove this massage bar!! A Lush store just opened in my town, and this was the only massage bar that I really loved. The smell was downright heavenly, which surprised me since some of the notes smell chocolatey (any beauty product that usually has a chocolate scent just makes me nauseous). This is a bit greasy, so I rub it on before I go to bed, and when I wake up, my skin's super soft! My scent-sensitive roommate says this is too strong for her, so I wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive noses or scent related allergies, but the scent really tones itself down the morning after I've applied it. Overall, a fantastic product! Would buy again and again and again!

on 12/3/2012 1:31:00 PM

I just got this last week and have been using it every day or two after my bath. It has already made a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin and gotten me compliments like "your skin is so soft!". The bar is HUGE. Will not fit in the square Lush tin (yet). It is fairly greasy, which is why I only put it on at night... sometimes I use a Lush dusting powder on top (Silky Underwear is lovely with this!). The smell is strong for me and very much like white chocolate, honey, and cocoa butter... which is another reason I won't wear it during the day, esp when going to work! I think the sweetness would give me a headache after a few hours and I'd definitely have coworkers wondering if someone brought in treats to eat. Can't wait to try this as a massage bar. I wish they made this bar scented like King of Skin, which is a great bar but I don't care for the oatmeal bits in it. Great value for the price and cocoa + shea butter is so good for the skin!
Edited 12/16/12 to add: My husband now uses this bar for his very dry legs, LOL. It seems to help with the itching. I will have to buy him his own bar. I still use it at night and the scent is very comforting & powdery. I will have to buy a new bar soon, we love it so much.

on 9/11/2012 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this purely based on the smell. I layer this with the strawberry feels forever massage bar and I smell just like chocolate covered strawberries. Might be a little much for some but I love it. The smell lingers all day. It is very greasy so I have to rub it in with my hands. I can't wear perfume with it because the scent is so strong, but the sent is divine. As for moisturizing properties...ehh it's ok. I never feel like it really sinks all the way into my skin. I use this more for the scent.

on 9/3/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Lush massage bars. It's a unique product and it's a good one. There are so many massage oils out there sold in bottles, and they get messy very fast. This neat little chunk of yumminess gets slick and work similarly to oils but eventually stays solid at room temperature. I store mine in a plastic bag and that's been working fine for me. It smells like Honey Trap and I love the smell. It is strong but it fades pretty quickly once I put clothes or pajamas on. I let it sink in for a few minutes after I use it post-shower to moisturize before I put my clothes on. I have tried the Hottie massage bar before and they both moisturize well and work well for massage. I got Mange Too this time around because it's the best value. But I will definitely try the other Lush bars to treat myself and a partner to a new scent: love these massage bars and will stay a loyal customer if only for these.

on 8/27/2012 2:05:00 AM

Kind of dissapointed with this, it isn't horrible but isn't great either. It smells delicious. It is overly greasy, even when just putting on a thin layer, and never seems to completely absorb. After two uses I am breaking out horribly on my chest and neck area, and it seems to be making the KP bumps on the back of my arms even worse. :( it does feel nice on legs after shaving, but that's about it. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/16/2012 11:46:00 PM

For some reason, I thought that this was overpriced when I first bought it. I figured it would only last a few times (I'm an idiot, I know), so I am thrilled to report that 5 months later, I still have 2/3 of the bar remaining. My husband gives me a short massage using this 2-3 times a week, and I'm not sure if it's psychological at this point, but I fall asleep DURING the massage 75% of the time, and on the other occasions, I am asleep within minutes. It's insane, because I am one of those people who will usually lie in bed for 30 minutes to an hour before nodding off.

The smell was odd to me at first, but has since become incredibly comforting. I will definitely repurchase this whenever I run out. Right now, I'm also trying out the Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar that one of my employees gave me this week (I must have "STRESSED THE **** OUT" stamped on my face)...

on 7/26/2012 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this massage bar and didn't use it for literally two weeks because I just did not know how to use it. But one day after my shower I just rubbed it all over and it made my skin SO SOFT! The price isn't too too bad. It's like $9.95 I think. Since it is so buttery, it will start to melt when you use it from the warmth of your hands.

Only complaints:
1. Little confusing on how to apply it (for me anyway)
2. Doesn't have a lush tin that fits it. I just keep it in the bag
3. Leaves skin feelings greasy for HOURS

So basically if you want to use this, I recommend using it before bed so you don't have a greasy feeling when you wake up, and if you do, you can just take a shower.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I had to jump on a write a review on this! This is my first LUSH product!!! I am a convert and now i'm looking through the catalog to see what other goodies I want to get!!! I just bought this today and I used it on my legs and arms, it melted so nicely and I got nice, glowing, moisturized appendages with hardly using any of it! The boyfriend came home from work and...let's just say he was a fan of the effects of this product ;) I highly recommend, gals!

on 6/29/2012 1:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For the price, the Mange Too bar cannot be beat. I don't really like the smell of cocoa butter, but this bar does the same thing for me with a much better smell. I use it mainly on stretch marks, but sometimes I do use it after shaving too. I also have a surgery scar on my arm that I put this on just to keep the skin soft because I find my Mederma kind of drying.

I will repurchase again and again!

on 6/26/2012 12:13:00 AM

I went in to Lush a few days ago and was sad to find out that Business Time wasn't being sold anymore, but pleased to find Mange Too. It smells absolutely delicious! On top of that it makes my skin nice and silky smooth. I'll miss Business Time, but I believe this is my new favorite bar :)

Popular Body Skincare Products