April 19, 2014 | 1790 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Disnep

It's a bit hard to blend plus it is a bit greasy.....I will not buy it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Henab

The spf didn't make my skin break out. I found that it was hard to put on my face as it would collect and rub of easily, I didn't try using this under make up because of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Blinkz191

Ehhh... This product is ok. It is a little greasy and it doesnt really work that well under makeup.. Besides that it works well and it has not irritated my skin or broken me out, which is awesome! It is a little pricey.. Around $20 so i dont think i would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have THE worst luck with Clinique products HOWEVER, I simply LOVE their city block sunscreen. I can't stand to put regular body sunscreens on my face which is already super-oily and acne-prone all on its own, and in my search for a good face sunscreen I discovered this one. It has a weird chunky texture coming out of the tube but it's consistency is very light and watery so you can apply many thin layers instead of one gross thick layer. I took this stuff with me on various vacations to hot and humid destinations and upon my return, people said my face didn't tan. And I tan very easily. This means one very important thing: the sunscreen was able to withstand my oily, sweaty skin. My skin also didn't break out from all the layers of sunscreen. Here's what I do: apply a thin layer. Allow to dry. Repeat twice. No thick layers, or it will pill. And apply with a very light touch or it will pill. It has a very slight tint. I like this tint because it is a yellow tint that tones down the perpetual redness of my face. I don't use this everyday, just when I'm going to be outside for more than a half-hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

I used it only twice, but that was enough for me to realize that it's a bit heavy and greasy for my skin.
I fell in love at the store, because it didn't leave a white cast on my HAND, and not exactly white, but a little bit tinted, but when I came home and smoothed it on my face I saw the same white cast, which my Cera Ve spf 30 moisturizer has.
This spf 40 protector says its oil free, but oh my...! Why it feels so oily and sticky on my skin, which is currently not oily and it's not the hottest time of the year. And it gets worst in the middle of the day!
I thought it will be good for summer, but no way!!!!! I'm going to stick to my Cera Ve, it's not oily at all.

MA said to me that she gonna take out a fresh one to me. This left me with thought that they may sell expired or close to expiration creams. Not even consistency and weird smell kind of fortified my suspicion.
Whatever it is it had to go back.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kai21

I've been using this for years and I hate/love it. It leaves skin a little greasy, it also leaves you with a silver/white glow when you first apply it which I don't like, it also smells weird, but after years of using this I've gotten used to it. It also looks a little thick for a sunscreen... I like that it can be used as a primer, also that it gives good sun protection, and it doesn't irritate my skin. I haven't tried another sunscreen, so until I do I will stick with this product. Its not amazing, but it's not horrible either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a recent convert (bad I know) to wearing a separate sunscreen rather than an SPF-containing foundation. I'd largely moved on from Clinique products but liked the high SPF of this product. I use this over a serum and moisturizer, and eye-area primer. Most days I will mix it with a scant quarter pump of liquid foundation (Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Airbrush ATM) for a quick and light application. This way I get a sheered out look for minimal effort.

On days when I want a more finished application, I'll add a face primer and use this as a separate layer under foundation. I don't think I'd use this alone as, as many reviewers have noted, the physical nature of the sunscreen does leave a white cast.

I haven't noticed any issues with balling up or flaking, and it doesn't seem to be breaking me out. I don't find it heavy or greasy to apply. Cost wise this isn't the cheapest option out there, but I use a fairly small amount (about 1/4 teaspoon for my whole face) so on the whole I feel it's reasonably good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only product that I have found that works for me. I apply a moisturizer, super city block, primer, foundation then powder and have had no issues with my makeups longevity. I believe Clinique claims it can be used as a primer, however I choose to use my own. I have fairly dry skin and will always use another moisturizer. If you have normal skin, you might not need moisturizer with this. I have had no issues with my makeup "balling up", or experienced any sensitivities. I hate using foundation with sunscreen in it, additionally I don't feel like the SPF 15 that most foundations have will cut it anyways. Love love love the SPF 40 and the fact that I can wear under my makeup. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Thyme57

Basically one of the worst things I ever put on my face. The only good thing about this is the 40spf. It is a layer on your face you don't need, as long as your moisturizer/foundation has good SPF in it. You are better off putting $5 target sunscreen before your makeup if you need the extra protection.
This is supposedly unscented but all I smell is pickles when I apply it. It leaves a grainy feel on your face(that you can feel and see)
Didn't do much as far as coverage, priming and it definitely does not moisturize!
It is a very thick consistency, yet not moisturizing at all. Makes skin feel heavy and unnatural.
Will never purchase this again, usually I like Clinique but this was a big miss on there part!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kazza7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall I like this product. I was pretty skeptical at first as I'd asked for a primer and the assistant recommended this. Even more concerned when she tried it on my hand and it looked like a light foundation (I have tan/olive skin). However, she said it would blend and I purchased. When first applied my heart sank as my face looked white, but as the assistant advised, it soon blended in and you couldn't see it any more. I wear this over a moisturiser in the weekends and during the week, when I'm at work, I wear with Clinique foundation and it looks great. In fact I think it makes the foundation look even better. Both products together have been good for my sensitive skin, particularly as it is very dry post pregnancy.