Matrix Biolage - Hydra-Seal Leave-In Creme

3.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't think this is going in my HG pile, but I was still surprised at the negative reviews. I have thick, stick straight hair and it did not weigh it down (which is ALWAYS noticeable if there is any weight whatsoever on my straight hair). For whatever reason, my hair started thinning recently (very scary, since I'm only 22), probably because of stress, and using this has sealed the split ends and thickened it back up considerably (probably because of the soy protein in it, which I love- my hair loves protein products). It makes my hair a little shinier, and while it's not dry it doesn't have that coveted super soft hydrated feeling either, so it does seem hydrating but not ridiculously so. Maybe this was not meant to be used alone? I've thought about using a moisturizing treatment first, then using this to "seal" it in, as the name of the product suggests but I have yet to try that. Even if it worked, I still feel like this should work as a stand alone product considering its full retail price. In conclusion this works, but it's not a whole lot better than a leave in treatment you could get for half the price, which is why it's not falling in my HG pile although it's definitely worth using it up. I answered "yes" on would I buy this product again because although I wouldn't pay full price for it, I think it's a reliable product and yes, I would use it again for that fact alone.

on 2/10/2010 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

ive only been using this for about 10 days and so far i like it. i only put it on my ends and comb through my long bangs (they get beat up the most from flat ironing everyday) it makes the ends extra soft and i love the smell! as of now, id buy again but we'll see as time goes on. seeing as how i only use it on the ends, the bottle will probably last me for quite awhile!

on 6/8/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I put one pump on my damp shoulder-length hair and then blow-dry and flat iron. Generally after flat ironing, my hair is in bad shape and feels very dry and gross. With this my hair is left shiny and undamaged. It's also left heavier than I like and somewhat waxy feeling. I'm going to look for something lighter so I'm sure that this bottle will last me a long time. I won't be repurchasing.

This is okay but you can easily buy something better at the drugstore. It's better as a styling lotion than a leave in conditioner.

on 3/13/2009 7:36:00 PM

Great product :D i love this stuff, its so easy beacuase its leave in. I noticed a big difference in my hair the next day, my hair was soo shiny and soft, my favorite hair product :D

on 9/11/2008 5:19:00 PM

I'm another that does not understand what this product does. It kind of adds another layer of product on my head, and makes my hair slightly sticky. But it does not nothing to seal in moisture, smooth frizz or hold style. I use it occasionally when I'm getting ready but I have no idea why. I've had the bottle for about a year and really just need to chuck it in the trash.

on 3/28/2008 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

If you have THICK, COARSE hair...this product is for you. If you have fine hair...count your blessings and don't complain. Helped seal my split ends, and helps moisturize my hair and scalp.

on 2/10/2008 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't agree more with the reviewer below. This product doesn't do a thing for my hair, *nothing*! I have long, fine, straight hair with flyaways. I've tried using this product many times as instructed and it doesn't make it any easier to comb, nor does it add shine, lessen flyaways or moisturise. A big waste of money and time in my opinion.

on 1/10/2008 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My hair is fine and wavy with dry ends, and needs a light hold product to prevent poufing and frizz, but not weight it down. I thought this product would be perfect. Not so. The hold with this styling product is not just lightweight, it is non-existent! Although it isn't a leave-in conditioner, it does soften my hair....which when combined with the no-hold makes for an uncontrolled mess. Doesn't do much for flyaways either. In fact, this product just doesn't do much of ANYTHING it is supposed to. I've tried to make it work several times, and mixed/layered it with various other products in an effort not to waste the $$ I spent on it. No such luck. This is one expensive dud.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! It hydrates my hair and makes it look less frizzy. I can get my comb through my hair a little easier when wet. I really do feel like it is sealing moisture into my hair when I use this. My hair also feels nice and soft.

Top Rated Matrix Products