December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by adatironce182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Hate this powder. It is terrible on my skin. In the beginning it goes on smoothly, but an hour later I can actually tell that it's sitting on my skin. UGH! I have used all types of products, from L'Oreal to Sisley and let's just say that even a Maybelline has done a better job than this. It also makes me look yellow ( I wish i would've listened to my instinct and gotten it in the white color instead of listening to the sales girl, maybe that would've helped). In addition to it being so bad, I read that it's supposed to come with a powder puff, but mine was never in there, so I've been applying it with a soft powder brush. I guess I am still on the hunt of looking for a great setting powder to add to my routine. Hopefuly the Laura Mercier will do, I am buying it soon. Stay away from this one Girls!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by StayClassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim. I love the Bobbi Brown brand (apart from a few issues with their foundation ranges) and I have to admit I am hooked on this powder!

The packaging is typical of the brand, black simplicity which I adore! I picked up the powder in the white shade (I have very fair skin and prefer adding color with my contouring).

The compact is lovely, fits easily in my handbag and it lasts forever! Have had it for a year now and use it daily!

The powder gives a very light coverage (hence sheer), very little is needed and it keeps my foundation put for hours on end (a top up is needed on a night out but that's my foundation not the powder).

It is on the more expensive side compared to other brands but it is totally worth it for the sheer amount of time it lasts. This powder works for me and is going to be a staple of my make-up bag for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by farhi22310

HG product dnt kno what I would do without it I've been using this powder for nearly 4 Years and I'm still on my second one this stuff is amazing.. This product is a setting powder and nothing else it's not meant to give u amazing coverage.. It sets my foundation beautifully and makes it last the whole day out of my group of friends and family I was the first one to get one of these but since they've tried mine they all seem to run and get one this stuff is amazing best bb product by a long shot

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Pingeree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really getting the feeling that Bobbi Brown in general is very hit-or-miss, and for me, the whole brand has been a hit. This powder IS sheer, as it says. I did not expect actual coverage, which is provided by my foundation and concealer. This powder is very finely-milled and goes on smooth and clean. It sets my makeup for almost the whole day and REALLY soaks up all my excess t-zone oil. I have it in White because I'm ghastly pale, and this doesn't make me chalky or even paler, which many powders have done in the past.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by bebefrancais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Obviously some of you all can't read. So it's your fault you wasted your money. SHEER finish pressed powder. SHEER means very light, almost translucent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: I've changed this from a 2 to a 4 because I actually ended up keeping it and now I really enjoy using it.

My skin's texture, tone and clarity has dramatically improved since I first purchased this and now I don't need as much coverage. I wear this on a daily basis to set my CG AquaSmoothers compact creme foundation and it works perfectly. Not cakey- EVER. Just looks natural. I'm glad I revisited it.

PREVIOUS REVIEW: I agree with the previous reviewer. I also got this in Pale Yellow and it has absolutely no coverage whatsoever. I understand this is a sheer powder, but come on.

The only time I use this is when I wear TM and want to set it. I feel like I could swirl my brush in this for 10 minutes and still not get anything to show up on my face.

Such a shame because it is so expensive and completely overrated. The color was a good match for my NC20/25 skin but only if it shows up.

This one will be returned...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is soooo overrated! It doesn't have much pigment, but still looks like powder on your face. I had the pale yellow that's been so famous and wanted to like it, but it was just so mediocre.

Go with NARS pressed powder for more pigment, and better look and feel. I find Bobbi Brown products in general to be underwhelming, aside from the gel eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by kylied888

I have dry, mildly acne prone skin.

I use this powder to set my Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation and I love it!

It gives me a perfect setting effect without fully mattifying my dewy looking foundation underneath. It is great in the sense that it doesn't make you look so matte that is looks fake. It looks really natural when applied on top of dewy look foundations because it is just sheer enough to let some of the dewy look show but matte enough that it dims the glow of the foundation slightly.

It stays on all day for me and I don't need to reapply at all!

Also since I have quite dry skin, I sometimes get dry flaky patches. I normally find powders too drying but this one doesn't seem to dry me out and it didn't make my dry patches any more noticable.

I really like this powder to set my liquid, dewy look foundation and I will definitely repurchase if i run out, but it seems like this will last me a long time anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jessicajane

I bought this when my usual loose powder was out of stock and I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. It doesn't look chalky or cakey like some loose powders do and the compact makes it's alot easier for travelling. It comes in a lovely compact with a mirror and a powder sponge that's a
bit useless. Like all bobbi brown products this powder is expensive but I use this daily and found that it lasted a few months. Another great product from bobbi brown!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by ShannaLoren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown is just amazing. As a brown girl with yellow undertones, its very hard for me to find makeup that doesn't oxidize and make me look red mid-day. This powder sets my BB Natural Finish SPF 15 perfectly. Not too heavy but just enough to give me a polished look and lasts all day. Beautiful!