Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

3.7

talc, plymethyl methacrylate, silica, dimethicone, pentaerythriftyl tetraisostearate, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, zinc stearate, zea mays (corn) starch, tocopheryl acetate, PEI-10, tetrasodium EDTA, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides, carmine

on 3/19/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this powder for about 6 months now, firstly with my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation, and now with my Skin Foundation. I can now safely say that this powder isn't worth the money!

Firstly, it's called a sheer finish powder but it's certainly not sheer enough. I was matched with the wrong shade and it was really noticeable, even with the lightest of applications. Even when I did hit the right shade, the powder sat on top of my skin and looked very obvious, accentuating my pores.

I'm not super oily, but I do have an oily t-zone, and I don't like looking too shiny. This powder mattified on application, but within a few hours the shine broke through. In fact, when I used it with my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (which seems to make me look like an oil slick 5 seconds after applying it) I was blotting within half an hour. It also has zero staying power, but when you reapply it has a tendency to look cakey on the skin.

The Sheer Finish Pressed Powder comes in a compact with a puff and a mirror, which is quite handy, although the compact could be a little sleeker as it's quite large and chunky.

For the price, it would be nicer if it had more staying powder. And even though Bobbi is great at matching yellow-toned people, this stuff just doesn't seem to do any favours working with her foundations. It might be alright if you had perfect skin, but I need something that provides more oil control and doesn't look so noticeable. I won't be forking out to buy this stuff again!

on 3/17/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros: great color esp for yellow undertone skin, very natural looking, clean simple packaging. no shimmer for those who want a natural look.

cons: drying for dry skin type as talc is the first ingredient, a bit pricey for such little compact. but still . it is more than the loose powder version of the same thing.

so if you are going to buy, buy the pressed powder instead of the loose powder as you get more quantity for the same price. i am so surprised about this as usually the loose powder has more quantity but not for this product.

on 1/12/2013 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this powder, matches perfect my skin, stays all day, perfect for touch ups, its very light and its perfect over BB foundations. I have been using this for years and i love it!!!

on 12/13/2012 3:13:00 AM

I Hate this powder. It is terrible on my skin. In the beginning it goes on smoothly, but an hour later I can actually tell that it's sitting on my skin. UGH! I have used all types of products, from L'Oreal to Sisley and let's just say that even a Maybelline has done a better job than this. It also makes me look yellow ( I wish i would've listened to my instinct and gotten it in the white color instead of listening to the sales girl, maybe that would've helped). In addition to it being so bad, I read that it's supposed to come with a powder puff, but mine was never in there, so I've been applying it with a soft powder brush. I guess I am still on the hunt of looking for a great setting powder to add to my routine. Hopefuly the Laura Mercier will do, I am buying it soon. Stay away from this one Girls!

on 8/28/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this powder on a whim. I love the Bobbi Brown brand (apart from a few issues with their foundation ranges) and I have to admit I am hooked on this powder!

The packaging is typical of the brand, black simplicity which I adore! I picked up the powder in the white shade (I have very fair skin and prefer adding color with my contouring).

The compact is lovely, fits easily in my handbag and it lasts forever! Have had it for a year now and use it daily!

The powder gives a very light coverage (hence sheer), very little is needed and it keeps my foundation put for hours on end (a top up is needed on a night out but that's my foundation not the powder).

It is on the more expensive side compared to other brands but it is totally worth it for the sheer amount of time it lasts. This powder works for me and is going to be a staple of my make-up bag for a long time.

on 4/2/2012 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

HG product dnt kno what I would do without it I've been using this powder for nearly 4 Years and I'm still on my second one this stuff is amazing.. This product is a setting powder and nothing else it's not meant to give u amazing coverage.. It sets my foundation beautifully and makes it last the whole day out of my group of friends and family I was the first one to get one of these but since they've tried mine they all seem to run and get one this stuff is amazing best bb product by a long shot

on 12/29/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really getting the feeling that Bobbi Brown in general is very hit-or-miss, and for me, the whole brand has been a hit. This powder IS sheer, as it says. I did not expect actual coverage, which is provided by my foundation and concealer. This powder is very finely-milled and goes on smooth and clean. It sets my makeup for almost the whole day and REALLY soaks up all my excess t-zone oil. I have it in White because I'm ghastly pale, and this doesn't make me chalky or even paler, which many powders have done in the past.

on 12/9/2011 10:54:00 AM

Obviously some of you all can't read. So it's your fault you wasted your money. SHEER finish pressed powder. SHEER means very light, almost translucent.

on 12/9/2011 9:55:00 AM

UPDATE: I've changed this from a 2 to a 4 because I actually ended up keeping it and now I really enjoy using it.

My skin's texture, tone and clarity has dramatically improved since I first purchased this and now I don't need as much coverage. I wear this on a daily basis to set my CG AquaSmoothers compact creme foundation and it works perfectly. Not cakey- EVER. Just looks natural. I'm glad I revisited it.

PREVIOUS REVIEW: I agree with the previous reviewer. I also got this in Pale Yellow and it has absolutely no coverage whatsoever. I understand this is a sheer powder, but come on.

The only time I use this is when I wear TM and want to set it. I feel like I could swirl my brush in this for 10 minutes and still not get anything to show up on my face.

Such a shame because it is so expensive and completely overrated. The color was a good match for my NC20/25 skin but only if it shows up.

This one will be returned...

on 11/30/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is soooo overrated! It doesn't have much pigment, but still looks like powder on your face. I had the pale yellow that's been so famous and wanted to like it, but it was just so mediocre.

Go with NARS pressed powder for more pigment, and better look and feel. I find Bobbi Brown products in general to be underwhelming, aside from the gel eyeliner.