November 27, 2014 | 1480 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick [DISCONTINUED]

Note: This Product has been reformulated under the name "Skin Foundation Stick"

Please find the new listing here:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SianAbercrombie

The greatest thing about this product is the shade range. I purchased this product in the shade porcelain and have never found anything a closer match. It looks like my skin and is extremely fast and easy to apply. It is full coverage and will cover anything I want it to. It doesn't feel or look like I'm wearing and foundation. The only drawback I find with this foundation is I find it clings to the dry skin around my nose and chin making it visible. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with very dry skin, but other than that look no further for an easy natural looking foundation with buildable coverage and almost definitely a shade to match your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sacoope1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am 6.5 warm almond in this foundation stick and I sometimes stipple it over my Iman second to none stick foundation to get a slightly dewy look as the Iman foundation goes on really matte and doesn't break me out ( neither does bb) BB has an exceptional color range but it is no longer my main foundation because it transfers quite a lot when on my oily skin in spite of applying setting powder and after a while looks too yellow when my face goes into oily production mode. But this product is great for drier skin and works really well with my Iman foundation. Will definitely buy bb stick foundation but in the small stick as I use it for customise look. Every woman of color should have a bb product because she gets what is needed for ethnic skin. However she needs to work on the transferability and the oxidising to really yellow after a while. But do not let this put you off.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was influenced merely by youtube gurus in which I rely to when they review a product that meets their expectations. It claims to 'look like skin' and it definitely does. Although, my chosen foundation was one to two shades darker, it was not really a big deal because I get quite tanned in the summer.

The benefits of using this product in which I have tested out for a good 2 months is that: It does look like skin and it is very blendable as it has almost this kind of mousse to cream texture. It is also buildable which ranges its coverage from a light to medium depending on application. The packaging is very convenient, if you are a person who travels a lot and wanting to have a on-the-go light foundation. Also, it is very simple, sturdy and classy looking. Its packaging looks somewhat like a lipstick but in a lipgloss length. They have a tone of shades which will be easier for you to find your true match.

The Cons I have stumbled upon whilst using this product is that it gives this 'old lady lipstick' fragrance, however not entirely noticeable. I just really like to smell my products. Another is the price, for its coverage and 9g of product, I expected more. But you know, it is a high-end product; I shouldn't really bother about that. Lastly, its staying power; I discovered that it lasts for just at least 3-6 hours depending really how you apply it and how much amount. It can be very cakey If you applied too much without blending.

I do recommend this product to quite matured ladies/gents with less problematic skin. This does not also work well with people with very oily skin, I'm sorry guys.

I have a mini gif swatch on my blog, if you want to check it out.
Have a great day guys!
www.setteventura.blogspot.com
Love, love.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Coconoire84

I am annoyed at this product because although it is the absolute perfect shade for me which has taken years to find, my 2 favourites illamasqua and Nars (which I mix together to get the perfect-ish shade) do work better under my eyes especially. I apply the stick foundation with the special Recommended bobby brown brush and although on my face it covers quite nicely I find under my eyes I'm spending an awful lot of time trying to cover. I find myself going back a few times to re apply on my face it takes a long time for me to perfect it. My Nars sheer glow and Illmasqua skin base I have no problems blending within seconds all over with the PERFECT finish. With bobby brown I can get the perfect finish but it takes me ages getting there. Also, applying powder to the foundation- i can see it sliding my hard work Off my face as I sweep my powder brush over my face revealing my under eye that took ages to work on and it seems to thin out the foundation. I don't have this problem with my other two. As for any dry patches ony skin.. It highlights the dry area so badly it's a nightmare trying to perfect it. It's a shame because it's the perfect shade and I eventually get the right finish so I really want to rave about it but I just can't. It is quite durable of set with powder- I wore it a few times in London this week where it's been 25 degrees, so very hot sightseeing around London and it didn't budge. It lasted about 8-10 hours then I noticed more sliding off my face. My Nars and ilamasqua stay on perfect all day and night. My absolute faves! It really annoys me that i spent a lot of money on bobby brown and the Brush for it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

The MUA used warm natural on me. Its a nice shade. Blends into my skin. Very natural looking.The foundation just 'dissolved" into my skin. The MUA asked me to touch my skin after application. Felt like i was wearing nothing at all! Comfortable. But because of the hot humid Malaysian heat, this product feels oily after some time and looks some what dark on me due to oxidation i think. Then, breakouts appear. For this very reason, this does product has its cons.This BB foundation is also expensive which is a complaint i always hear all over. The only pros i can think of is the travel friendly packaging. But honestly that's not the criteria for a good foundation! So im gonna give this a miss! I still like Maybelline/MAC/MUFE/UD foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by kikimcnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after being told it was good for dry skin, it is most definiitely not meant for people who have dry skin. It looked terrible, showing up every dry patch or fine line. My friend told me it looked like I was wearing haloween makeup, which is never something you want from a pricey foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by EtherealEva

I wouldn't use this all over my face, because that would make my face look flat. I like to apply it to the outer corner of my face and spread it outwards the center of my face, it just looks more natural this way. It does show more fine lines at dry patches. The coverage is light to medium. I got myself the shade in natural tan, it doesn't match my dark forehead, but its not a big deal. It does last all day and it looks better when my skin becomes a lil oily ( I like glowy finish). I would repurchase it, because its really easy to apply ( I just use my fingers to blend it in) It makes my morning routine so much quicker and easy. Its good for travelling, since its light and not a liquid.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

This product is like a thick coating of plaster on my dry skin, emphasizing all the dry patches and felt so heavy though i used it only for small touch ups on my dry skin.Returned it and got chanel vitalumiere aqua hydrating creme compact, which is exactly what i wanted for my skin.it was horrible, probably more suited for a normal to oily good skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product looked OK on my skin- not fabulous, but also not terrible, which has to count for something right? However, after a few hours this foundation was hardly noticeable on my combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by trexchicxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went into the Bobbi Brown store looking for a good concealer. I'm a 19 year old girl with combination skin whose face goes crazy a week before my period and during. I especially get pimples around my chin area and on my forehead. When the hormones die down after my period, they don't completely disappear but shrink in size. I really wanted to cover those up but also didn't want to use foundation as I sweat a lot and lose most of my makeup by mid-day and didn't have time to deal with long touch ups during my looong school day. Luckily, the lovely sales assistant introduced me to the Foundation Stick. He applied some in the shade Warm Sand(2.5) on my problematic areas with a brush and I fell in love.
At home, I swipe the stick on my chin and forehead and then blend it onto my skin with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The Buffing Brush works well as well. I don't know if its because of the product or because of the brushes but I have no problem blending it. I was very lucky because the foundation matched my skin tone so well that no one can tell I'm wearing any makeup. It also gives a healthy glow and makes my face look kind of golden.
The product can stick a bit on dry patches but I never had that problem if I moisturized. It also shines a bit by mid day around my forehead but a little powdering fixes that. My biggest complaint about the product is that sometimes it oxidizes(why it happens sometimes I don't know, couldn't really pin point what goes wrong in those day.)
Once I got excited and tried to use the stick as foundation but it was way too heavy and looked like paste on my face. I would not recommend it to be used on the whole face as a foundation.
I give this product 4/5 as a concealer. I took off one star because it is expensive but it lasts a long time so I think it's a good investment. The packaging is chic and easy to carry around.