August 28, 2014 | 1685 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

The MUA used warm natural on me. Its a nice shade. Blends into my skin. Very natural looking.The foundation just 'dissolved" into my skin. The MUA asked me to touch my skin after application. Felt like i was wearing nothing at all! Comfortable. But because of the hot humid Malaysian heat, this product feels oily after some time and looks some what dark on me due to oxidation i think. Then, breakouts appear. For this very reason, this does product has its cons.This BB foundation is also expensive which is a complaint i always hear all over. The only pros i can think of is the travel friendly packaging. But honestly that's not the criteria for a good foundation! So im gonna give this a miss! I still like Maybelline/MAC/MUFE/UD foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by kikimcnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product after being told it was good for dry skin, it is most definiitely not meant for people who have dry skin. It looked terrible, showing up every dry patch or fine line. My friend told me it looked like I was wearing haloween makeup, which is never something you want from a pricey foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by EtherealEva

I wouldn't use this all over my face, because that would make my face look flat. I like to apply it to the outer corner of my face and spread it outwards the center of my face, it just looks more natural this way. It does show more fine lines at dry patches. The coverage is light to medium. I got myself the shade in natural tan, it doesn't match my dark forehead, but its not a big deal. It does last all day and it looks better when my skin becomes a lil oily ( I like glowy finish). I would repurchase it, because its really easy to apply ( I just use my fingers to blend it in) It makes my morning routine so much quicker and easy. Its good for travelling, since its light and not a liquid.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

This product is like a thick coating of plaster on my dry skin, emphasizing all the dry patches and felt so heavy though i used it only for small touch ups on my dry skin.Returned it and got chanel vitalumiere aqua hydrating creme compact, which is exactly what i wanted for my skin.it was horrible, probably more suited for a normal to oily good skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product looked OK on my skin- not fabulous, but also not terrible, which has to count for something right? However, after a few hours this foundation was hardly noticeable on my combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by trexchicxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went into the Bobbi Brown store looking for a good concealer. I'm a 19 year old girl with combination skin whose face goes crazy a week before my period and during. I especially get pimples around my chin area and on my forehead. When the hormones die down after my period, they don't completely disappear but shrink in size. I really wanted to cover those up but also didn't want to use foundation as I sweat a lot and lose most of my makeup by mid-day and didn't have time to deal with long touch ups during my looong school day. Luckily, the lovely sales assistant introduced me to the Foundation Stick. He applied some in the shade Warm Sand(2.5) on my problematic areas with a brush and I fell in love.
At home, I swipe the stick on my chin and forehead and then blend it onto my skin with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The Buffing Brush works well as well. I don't know if its because of the product or because of the brushes but I have no problem blending it. I was very lucky because the foundation matched my skin tone so well that no one can tell I'm wearing any makeup. It also gives a healthy glow and makes my face look kind of golden.
The product can stick a bit on dry patches but I never had that problem if I moisturized. It also shines a bit by mid day around my forehead but a little powdering fixes that. My biggest complaint about the product is that sometimes it oxidizes(why it happens sometimes I don't know, couldn't really pin point what goes wrong in those day.)
Once I got excited and tried to use the stick as foundation but it was way too heavy and looked like paste on my face. I would not recommend it to be used on the whole face as a foundation.
I give this product 4/5 as a concealer. I took off one star because it is expensive but it lasts a long time so I think it's a good investment. The packaging is chic and easy to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by harajukuboy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the foundation stick about a week before the new formula came out, and, while the product performed well and gave me good coverage as at the time I was suffering from moderate acne (I was swiping the stick across the skin and blending with fingers), I told myself I would go for another product next time. I was very impressed at the range of shades as I got a perfect match for my super-pale skin, and it didn't highlight my extra dry areas, but then again it didn't feel very moisturising and had no SPF.

I had about half an inch of the product left after months of use so that was good but then I went shopping anyway and ended up at the Bobbi Brown counter in Harvey Nichols where the same woman who served me and did my makeup the first time I ventured into a Bobbi Brown stand was there, and talked to me about other products, but the packaging of the old foundation stick put me off; the lid would come off for no reason, getting dirty in my makeup bag, and the bobbi brown logo scratched off very easily, but the new tube has a snugger fit cap, but the logo still feels the same.
The new formula, however, is more matte than the old stick, but looks extremely natural (applied by swiping Tom Ford foundation brush over stick then to skin). So, I bought it again, and am so happy I did.

The texture is creamy, and rather thick. People tend to exaggerate the difficulty with blending this product, it isn't that hard. Think Soleil Tan de Chanel texture. Its scent is inoffensive, and it gives a low-moderate coverage at first, but can be built to super high coverage. For higher coverage I recommend using a foundation brush, and for more sheer coverage, apply with fingers.

Overall, I think its a wonder product, and will be a staple product in my makeup bag for a very very long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay. This is not for oily skin. At all.
Maybe in winter but in the summer its...its ugly! I even used a primer and it separated on me and I've never had a foundation separate on my face...not even drugstore foundations so yeah....I guess not everything in the beautiful world of sephora is good (*heart breaks)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was just re formulated and I got this new version. No experience with the previous one. I love this foundation! The packaging is clean and sleek and definitely portable. Great for touch ups throughout the day if needed. I was hesitant to buy a stick foundation thinking it would go on thick and would look so obvious on my dry, slightly combination skin but no, it's creamy and glides on very smoothly. I don't wear this all over my face, just where I need it. Mostly on and around the nose and chin area. I have light skin with yellow undertones and number 2.5 is perfect for me. The makeup artist who tested the shades used the bb foundation brush but I could see streaking. Maybe if I were to do it myself I wouldn't see streaks, but at home I use my fingers. It's quick and clean. Doesn't accentuate pores and does not oxidize.
Pros
Easy to take with you
Buildable coverage
Great shade selection
Great for dry, normal or slightly combo skin
Looks like your skin just better
Cons
Expensive
Not good for oily skin

I will definitely repurchase but this will probably last me a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by yali22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find it very difficult to find my perfect colour in foundations, but I found it with BB's line I bought the shade Golden. It blends in so well, the coverage is great (medium to full). HOWEVER! it lasts about 2 hours on my skin especially my oily T-zone so i was very disappointed. This foundation would be great for those with drier skin.
I bought it for £28..a total waste .