July 28, 2014 | 1837 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

This product is like a thick coating of plaster on my dry skin, emphasizing all the dry patches and felt so heavy though i used it only for small touch ups on my dry skin.Returned it and got chanel vitalumiere aqua hydrating creme compact, which is exactly what i wanted for my skin.it was horrible, probably more suited for a normal to oily good skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by TheModType

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product looked OK on my skin- not fabulous, but also not terrible, which has to count for something right? However, after a few hours this foundation was hardly noticeable on my combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by trexchicxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went into the Bobbi Brown store looking for a good concealer. I'm a 19 year old girl with combination skin whose face goes crazy a week before my period and during. I especially get pimples around my chin area and on my forehead. When the hormones die down after my period, they don't completely disappear but shrink in size. I really wanted to cover those up but also didn't want to use foundation as I sweat a lot and lose most of my makeup by mid-day and didn't have time to deal with long touch ups during my looong school day. Luckily, the lovely sales assistant introduced me to the Foundation Stick. He applied some in the shade Warm Sand(2.5) on my problematic areas with a brush and I fell in love.
At home, I swipe the stick on my chin and forehead and then blend it onto my skin with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The Buffing Brush works well as well. I don't know if its because of the product or because of the brushes but I have no problem blending it. I was very lucky because the foundation matched my skin tone so well that no one can tell I'm wearing any makeup. It also gives a healthy glow and makes my face look kind of golden.
The product can stick a bit on dry patches but I never had that problem if I moisturized. It also shines a bit by mid day around my forehead but a little powdering fixes that. My biggest complaint about the product is that sometimes it oxidizes(why it happens sometimes I don't know, couldn't really pin point what goes wrong in those day.)
Once I got excited and tried to use the stick as foundation but it was way too heavy and looked like paste on my face. I would not recommend it to be used on the whole face as a foundation.
I give this product 4/5 as a concealer. I took off one star because it is expensive but it lasts a long time so I think it's a good investment. The packaging is chic and easy to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by harajukuboy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the foundation stick about a week before the new formula came out, and, while the product performed well and gave me good coverage as at the time I was suffering from moderate acne (I was swiping the stick across the skin and blending with fingers), I told myself I would go for another product next time. I was very impressed at the range of shades as I got a perfect match for my super-pale skin, and it didn't highlight my extra dry areas, but then again it didn't feel very moisturising and had no SPF.

I had about half an inch of the product left after months of use so that was good but then I went shopping anyway and ended up at the Bobbi Brown counter in Harvey Nichols where the same woman who served me and did my makeup the first time I ventured into a Bobbi Brown stand was there, and talked to me about other products, but the packaging of the old foundation stick put me off; the lid would come off for no reason, getting dirty in my makeup bag, and the bobbi brown logo scratched off very easily, but the new tube has a snugger fit cap, but the logo still feels the same.
The new formula, however, is more matte than the old stick, but looks extremely natural (applied by swiping Tom Ford foundation brush over stick then to skin). So, I bought it again, and am so happy I did.

The texture is creamy, and rather thick. People tend to exaggerate the difficulty with blending this product, it isn't that hard. Think Soleil Tan de Chanel texture. Its scent is inoffensive, and it gives a low-moderate coverage at first, but can be built to super high coverage. For higher coverage I recommend using a foundation brush, and for more sheer coverage, apply with fingers.

Overall, I think its a wonder product, and will be a staple product in my makeup bag for a very very long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay. This is not for oily skin. At all.
Maybe in winter but in the summer its...its ugly! I even used a primer and it separated on me and I've never had a foundation separate on my face...not even drugstore foundations so yeah....I guess not everything in the beautiful world of sephora is good (*heart breaks)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation was just re formulated and I got this new version. No experience with the previous one. I love this foundation! The packaging is clean and sleek and definitely portable. Great for touch ups throughout the day if needed. I was hesitant to buy a stick foundation thinking it would go on thick and would look so obvious on my dry, slightly combination skin but no, it's creamy and glides on very smoothly. I don't wear this all over my face, just where I need it. Mostly on and around the nose and chin area. I have light skin with yellow undertones and number 2.5 is perfect for me. The makeup artist who tested the shades used the bb foundation brush but I could see streaking. Maybe if I were to do it myself I wouldn't see streaks, but at home I use my fingers. It's quick and clean. Doesn't accentuate pores and does not oxidize.
Pros
Easy to take with you
Buildable coverage
Great shade selection
Great for dry, normal or slightly combo skin
Looks like your skin just better
Cons
Expensive
Not good for oily skin

I will definitely repurchase but this will probably last me a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by yali22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I find it very difficult to find my perfect colour in foundations, but I found it with BB's line I bought the shade Golden. It blends in so well, the coverage is great (medium to full). HOWEVER! it lasts about 2 hours on my skin especially my oily T-zone so i was very disappointed. This foundation would be great for those with drier skin.
I bought it for £28..a total waste .

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this foundation from the Bobbi Brown counter at Lord & Taylor after a bridal makeup lesson in preparation for my wedding.

I normally don't mind paying more for a great face product but at $44, this is definitely expensive.

The packaging is chic and minimalist. I like that I can stand it up flat on my vanity. It's also easy to store in my makeup bag because the size is compact. I've had no problems getting the product out while applying it.

I don't rely too heavily on this product. I don't bother using it if I am using my BB cream (Lumene). Something that I learned from the bridal makeup lessons - SPF causes flash back in photography. To avoid this, while still getting the no-makeup makeup look that I enjoy from a BB cream, I used the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base (basically a moisturizer and primer in one) with this foundation dabbed over any imperfections. I still use this method if I am going out at night because I don't need the SPF anyway.

I am pleased with the results. The foundation covers imperfections easily and blends effectively, resulting in a natural-looking flawless finish. I would recommend that moisturizing before using this product is important because it can tend to be a little dry without it, depending on your skin type.

This is a decent product that does its job but I still don't think I would repurchase it. It's too expensive. I don't think I need to spend $44 on something that I barely rely on especially where there are similar, less expensive products on the market that do the job just as effectively.

I give this product a 3 because it works but it's nothing special, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Vibrant77

I am golden olive complexion yellow undertones and purchased the Warm Natural color. The creme stick glides on easily and is a great portable alternative to clunky compacts and bottles. You could sheer it out bu adding 1-2 strokes on each section of the face. Or for more coverage, add a second layer. I used ot with a beauty blender sponge and it applied beautifully and flawlessly. It cost $44. I believe it will be worth it because it will last at least 3-4 months

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

I have light-medium yellow tone skin and use this in Beige 3. I have combo skin, dry in some places, oily in others etc. I like using this product as a concealer on dryer areas of my face, however I find it too heavy feeling to wear all over my face. The coverage is nice, it evens out redness nicely and I actually find it great undereyes as its very moisturising. 3 lippies because too much of this product (ie allover face) and it feels too thick, almost oily for me anyways. That being said while it isn't the best foundation, I would recommend it as a spot coverup for dry areas and light coverage for undereyes.