April 18, 2014 | 918 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation, Iv tried loads over the years but keep coming back to this one. My skin is around nc20, gets oily really easily but if I use products designed for oily skin it gets super dry and tight, plus Im blessed with bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line at times! I cant find any direct correlation between this and my breakouts, I think they are more hormonal than product related.
This matches my skin tone really well and its staying power is great, I never need to touch it up during the day/evening, only blot my nose if it starts getting a bit shiny which happens even when I go make up free. I apply a tiny bit of oil free moisturiser, this and then blotting powder and bronzer and it looks like I have near perfect skin. I think some people steer clear of mac and they think their products are for the obvious make up look (judging by the counter girls) but applied minimally the foundation can look natural.
I think its a total con that you have to buy the pump seperately so I just manage without!
Overall I will keep using this product as it works well for me and is reasonably priced for a high end product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mayyab1

I use NW 20 and it works very well for my skin! I'm usually scared to try new products because ny skin is so sensitive but this is perfect. I've had it for about 2 months now and I use it daily so it's worth its price. I apply it with an ELF foundation brush I bought at Wal-Mart for 1$ it applies evenly throughout my skin and its light weight best part is I can wear as much as I need without it looking caked. I went out to dance with a couple of my friends and dispite my sweat my make up still looked great. It smells kind of funky at first but other than that it's amazing. Simply love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by nlakhani

I have always come back to this foundation after trying 'better' foundations.
Its a basic every day wear foundation with no fuss or frills.
It has worked for me skin and hasnt given me angry acne spots ect which some of the other brands have done.
Its fairly priced as well as it lasts quite a while.
Just a shame there is no pump for this product..it would make dispensing easier..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I like the finish of this foundation..but that's about where it stops. It caused me to break out, a lot. Along with every other Mac foundation I have ever tried. Mac uses cheap ingredients that are not good for problematic skin.
I switched to Nars sheer glow, which gives me a similar finish, if not better. My skin has been so much better since. I set with Mac MSF on special occasions. That also causes me to break out, but I haven't been able to find a comparable alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have tried many other, both drugstore and high end and I always come back to this one. I have oily skin that tends to get a bit shiny in after a few hours but that does not happen with this foundation. I am in the shade nc15 and it matches me perfectly. This stuff is just really great and keeps my face matt, I do however set it with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural and i believe that also helps my face stay good all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by icebabe86

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KaelMacmahon

I absolutely love this product and have been using it since November 2013.

Let me begin by saying that I do not understand why people are rating the packaging so low, it's packaging is very strong, the only downfall is that you have to buy the pump separately - as you do all Mac foundations, which is something you should really research before buying a product from anywhere anyway.

I love Mac Studio Fix Fluid so much for so many reasons. I am the shade NW10, this is a new shade that Mac brought out in 2013 I believe and that was originally what drew me to wanting to buy it. I had always been warned not to go near Mac as they did not cater for pale people, which was true as Nw15 (originally their palest shade) was too dark for me, but when they brought out their new shades NW10 and NW13 there was no reason for me not to try it. I believe in other foundations, NW10 would be equivalent to a foundation that would be called 'ivory-rose' or something along those lines, it is incredibly pale and slightly pink toned.

The foundation itself is a medium-full coverage but can be built up to complete coverage, somewhat similar to the coverage Double Wear can give. I wear two pumps on my face everyday, however I have worn it medium coverage before with one pump but I have also worn it at a very, very high coverage with 4-5 pumps. It doesn't look cakey, if applied correctly with a buffing brush. It can be applied with the flat, 190 Mac foundation brush however I feel it gives a much nicer finish if it is applied with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush as this really pushes the foundation into the skin, meaning that no matter how much you wear there is no risk of cakeyness.

This foundation is often said to be matte, which I believe to a certain extent - however, if somebody asked me what the finish of the foundation was I would definitely label it as semi-matte. When applied, I can see glowing areas on my face so I tend to blot these with a matte powder to make it completely matte. But mostly, it is a matte foundation which is not designed for dry skin.

It is good for photography as it has a low SPF so it will give minimal flashback.

I put this foundation on at around 7:15am in the morning before school, and will normally have it on till around 9:00pm and it stays on perfectly, apart from on my nose as I get an incredibly oily nose throughout the day. I would recommend use of a primer on the nose with this foundation as with all matte foundations, it does tend to set into the pores.

One downfall is this product has a very strong, chemically scent until set, but the smell is worth it for the result.

Also, this product did not break me out, and it never has. It all depends on your skin type, as it does with all foundations. Many people assume that because of the scent, Mac is bad for your skin - this is a myth.

Last but not least, the price may seem high to those who buy highstreet makeup, but for a highend foundation Mac Studio Fix Fluid at 21.50 is 6.50 cheaper than most highend foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Lydiaxfeyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation gets a lot of negative reviews for such a popular product. i think people are just applying it incorrectly(unless you have acne then it is a justified reason for disliking it). its called "studio fix" for a reason its supposed to cover and make you look perfect. i personally apply the smallest amount, as i find its super blendable and spreads easily around the skin. and sometimes i even mix it with moisturizer and i then BUFF it in with my buffing brush or work it in with my beauty blender. if i am looking for a bit more coverage i re apply it to the problem areas and this makes it not cakey on me at all. i really enjoy the versatility and its staying power. i also i think with medium/full coverage foundations its important to get your correct shade. test it out with the makeup artist and then go outside and look before purchasing. when i bought mine the lady gave me an NW50 when I'm an NC50 (i looked at her with disgust). also if you really dislike it try it as a concealer!
the reason it didn't get 5 lipies is
1) it transfers -_-
2)no pump
3) its not as nice in the winter when my skins more of the normal type

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Bought this foundation because MAC is a well-known makeup brand and the lady at the counter applied a sample on my cheek and it made my skin look flawless. The price also gets you checking this foundation out as it is pretty "cheap" $33 CAD for a high-end foundation compared to ones at Sephora which are at least $50.
What I really love about this foundation is the coverage. I had a few blemishes due to waxing and this foundation did its job covering these nasty little dark spots. However, over a period of 4ish months, my skin just got worse and worse. Although the coverage is ideal, I noticed that the foundation is way too heavy for every day use and not only did it clog up my pores, it essentially made me break out even more. In addition, the smell is absolutely horrible. Smells like chemicals and spray paint or something.

I would recommend this if you're going out for special events and would like a bit more coverage/that model-like coverage; however, not for every day use as I find that it broke me out and made my blemishes even worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

So in love with this liquid foundation. Keeps me matte for hours, very decent coverage and the color selection is amazing! I don't care for the idea that I have to buy a pump separately, but can get over it because I can reuse the pump with future repurchases lol. Price point isn't too bad for a great foundation.