MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

ok so i normally dont write reviews but for this i really needed to. if you suffer or are prone to acne please do yourself a favour and stay away from this foundation it breaks you out like a total bitch i noticed some breakouts before i even got a chance to wash it of 5-6 hours later mostly on my chin n cheeks i was gutted as i really liked the finish n how it made my skin look but it is so not worth it save your skin seriously i wish i had been told that this n estee lauder double wear have literally messed my skin! they both are absolutely rubbish if you have acne. i am now using rimmel london perfect match foundation n have not noticed a single breakout n realised it was only because of the foundation i was using! i actually used to wear rimmel london back in high school and then went onto higher end brands but that was the worst thing i could have done when i was using rimmel london then it was probally the time my skin was best. i just had to share this as my skin gt really bad with this

I LOVE how this foundation makes my skin look (with a primer!!!). Smooth and not cakey. Large color range. The only bad thing is it can oxidize.... I bought one bottle and the whole bottle after 2 weeks decided to just started turning colors on my face. Sad.

This foundation is for all skin types. I have combination skin and this foundation stays on and last all day. I wore it for 12 hours and it didn't budge. My skin looks flawless in this foundation. It doesn't oxidize. It feels smooth and not cakey on the skin. It is matte and medium to full coverage. I love the finish and coverage it gives. The price is not bad at all and they have 35 shades to choose from. The only con is this is doesn't have a pump but I'm in love!! I have a review on this foundation so you can see how it looks and wears on the skin and how it looks in pictures and natural lighting. Take a look for yourself

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

STAY AWAYYYY!!!!!

Went into MAC to get matched. The make up lady immediately reached for this. Had a strong smell that i'm sure many people will be sensitive to, but product smells don't bother me.
Matched great (NC30). Bought the full size as well as Pro Longwear. Took it home, tried it on next day. Within 10 minutes it had oxidised. I was willing to overlook that maybe i hadnt cleansed my skin properly, so i took it all off, and tried again the next day. I lasted about 20 mins before I oxidised and turned orange again!

I then bought in NC20, to see if it would lessen the deep tone of oxidisation... NOPE!!! Same shade of orange as before, £50 wasted!
My skin isn't even oily, so I don't get it! This foundation is just a hot mess..... Highly recommend you try Pro Longwear OR mac face and body in conjuction with a heavy concealer + colour corrector if coverage is needed!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried hundreds of foundations and this was honestly one of the worst. Horrible coloring and VERY transferable. It would wipe off just from wearing my sunglasses. TERRIBLE FOUNDATION.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product since I was 17 and here and there I get tempted to try new foundations but, I always come back to this one. The coverage is medium to full, definitely build-able. What I like most is that it stays on all day and it has never broke me out. The price is great compared to other high end brands and although it does not come with a pump you can buy one and switch it from bottle to bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

- full matte coverage - gave me abt 50 tiny little bumps after 2 hours (applied at the MAC counter). I love everything MAC but I didnt go back to purchase this

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'll keep this short and to the point, purchased this foundation twice in two different shades. When I purchased SFF I wanted a flawless face, and to some degree it gave me that. This foundation was amazing for going out at night. It gave me an airbrushed finish and it was my go to clubbing foundation. During the daytime and in direct sunlight it looked really fake, I looked like I had really thick makeup on. I finished one bottle and am working on the second bottle, after that I will not repurchase. I since then have tried other foundations that offer full coverage and do not look so thick, I think it all comes down to personal preference. If you're looking for a natural looking foundation I wouldn't recommend this however if you want/need a lot of coverage then I would say ask for a sample before purchasing the full size. Also I found that this foundation oxidized and ran very orange, never found a perfect color match. I have olive skin if that helps!

Long story short:
Not happy with it because it was too thick and cakey looking plus oxidized and ran too orange for me.

I have used this over the years. And go back and forth from other Foundations.

This is a Medium to Full Coverage and Be careful when applying I believe it's a thick foundation.

Good Brand MAC will always be popular and sought after. Only downfall is the price and the bottle too. I bought a foundation pump while overseas I'm sure MAC in Australia you can do the same. I think I have only bought MAC foundations and powders overseas.

My HG foundation. This makes my skin so perfect and evened out.

I have dry skin and I know this is intended for oily skin. However, I will always use MAC's Studio Care Cream and Too faced primed and poreless primer and voila - amazing skin.

My preferred way of applying this foundation is with a flat top kabuki or any buffing brush. I believe that the more you buff this on your skin the more it makes the application flawless. I would sometimes spray my brush with fix+ to help with blending.