November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!! Love this soap, only thing i can use for my extremely dry sensitive skin.. Love that it has no fragence and is mild.. Wish it would be a tad more moisturizing but overall a good basic soap for my skin....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by wrigstar

Amazing! I have been using this product for 2 years now after a friend recommended it. every time I try something else I end up going back to this with in 2 weeks. It is the only product I have ever used that does not make my skin itch and break out in acne. I use it on my face and body and use an exfoliator on my face once a week. Keeps my skin soft, clean and acne free! It removes my make-up good too! and its super cheap and a block lasts ages as long as you don't leave it in the shower

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like that this soap is fragrance free, doesn't irritate my or my husband's sensitive skin, and is easily available at local stores. I can even get it cheaply in bulk at Costco. But unfortuantely, both my husband and I have noticed an increase in body acne since we switched to this soap. So we'll be going back to the more expensive, harder-to-find Fragrance Free Canus Goat's Milk Soap that we were using before.

Ingredients: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only bar soap I use on my body that doesn't make me itchy and dry. It leaves you so moisturized and soft. It doesn't aggravate my eczema either. I love that it isn't heavily scented and its so cheap! I have a drawer full of this stuff, there always seems to be a sale in my local grocery stores.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Well, I'm about to go back to Dermalogica Special Cleansing gel. But before I do, I want to talk about Dove Sensitive.
If you read my reviews I whinge about how expensive SCG is, and I was all over the board with cleansers. From Simple to Kate Somerville, LUSH to DIY. Recently I've been using Dove Sensitive and I really like it. I've tried the regular beauty bar and I think the scent caused serious irritation. Not so with the unscented bar. However, it isn't like soap, and moisturized my skin but its too much for summer. I'm getting slowly but surely clogged. So before I get back to that B!tch Mistress Dermalogica I just wanted to give this simple bar a good word.
Kid you're alright. See ya in September.
***update*** I have stated before my love/hate with dove soap. The reason I like it is the neutral pH of 6.9 ( I've tested it myself) where as most bar soaps including Aleppo and Camay are a steady 9. A pH of nine will totally screw your skin up over time. Looking for cystic acne? Pick up a bar or Camay or Ivory. Even Live Clean baby bar which get a rating of 0 on EWG skindeep, has a pH of 11 (think CLR household cleaner, or even Ajax)
However the problem with Dove is the residue. I can't get it off my face. So while dove soap IS gentle and does not cause rashes or itch, the sydet residue clogs my pore tightly, which means the sebum solidifies in my pores making it very hard to decongest my skin.
Good for body though, and occasional use on face (ie: after workout) so I give it 4 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to hate all bar soaps. They wouldn't clean, and they just left a gross residue on my skin, tub, and sink. After hearing someone on youtube talk about this, I tried it out. And now it's my favorite soap for both face and body. For me, it cleans thoroughly and doesn't dry out my skin or cause acne. The fragrance-free part is great also since I'd rather not have it in my products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best bar soap! It is the only bar soap I have ever found that moisturizes and cleanses. It rinses easily without leaving a residue or dryness. I don't use it on my face because I need acne fighting facial cleansers, but this is the only soap I use on my body.

It is also the only soap I use for my son. He's four years old now and I've used it on him since he was a baby. He has excema and this is what his pediatrician recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by kookiekrumb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if it's luck or success, but I tried this out after using Purpose for years. I had horrible acne skin and used to use abrasive, medical soaps. When I switched to Purpose I noticed reduced inflammation, but never perfect skin.

Since using this bar soap, my skin has calmed down even more. As a plus, no more flaky dryness that I got with Purpose (and I used moisturizer, too!). I look less "ruddy" and I have seen breakouts go away and I swear my pores look smaller. Maybe the other soaps were too abrasive.

I was nervous to try after years of severe breakouts, but after reading some people's success with Dove, I'm glad I tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My perfect everyday body soap. I don't use this on my face. I see a lot of people saying they do that but my skin on my face is really finicky and I wouldn't wanna chance it but I LOVE it for my body. Dove commercials are always advertising how their soaps don't leave residue or leave skin feeling tight/dry. That is true on both counts. It doesn't leave an uncomfortable residue of any sort nor does it leave me skin feeling tight or dehydrated. It gives lots of moisture, I have noticed a big difference in the skin on my legs and arms. It's noticeably softer and more comfortable feeling. Even though it's unscented I do still smell something but it's not overwhelming or bothersome. It just smells like soap but I like it! Also the bar lasts a lot longer than some of the other bar soaps I have used. Usually they just melt down and theyre gone before you know it but this one lasted me quite a while. The lather you get out of it is also super nice. I even use it to shave my legs and I get razor burn easily but this gives me a nice creamy lather that has even replaced my shaving cream. I would definitely say this is also safe to use "down there". It's not irritating or harsh. Even though I love those philosophy scented shower gels I'm not brave enough to use them down there. This is a very gentle soap that makes me feel nice and clean. I would definitely recommend it if youre looking for a cheap but good quality soap! :) Dove never leaves me disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've been using this on my face for almost a week now, so i thought i'd write a review and update it after a little while longer.

price:for 2 bars i paid less than $3 at walmart, so the price is awesome
packaging: simple, just the bar if soap in a box, and the 2 boxes in plastic
smell: not that great, although it is very faint. this is fragrance-free, so the smell is just that of the ingredients as they are without added smell-goodness. if i werent washing my nose, i wouldnt smell anything at all, and as soon as i rinse my face the smell is gone.
lather: good, if you use enough soap. i dont use a whole bunch on my face, just a few swipes of the bar on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin, and the lather with that little product is just enough, not too foamy.
texture: smooth. there is no graininess in this soap
how often i use this: twice a day, minimum. once in the am and the pm in the shower
how my skin feels immediately after washing: just clean, not tight, and not like there is residue left behind
how my skin feels a couple hours after washing: i admit that right after i use this i ALWAYS follow up with another product, so this doenst have any time to just BE on my face, and my face is never 100% bare
what i use this in conjunction with: in the am i use the dove, and then Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid (if i'm not going out and wearing ss that day). if i'm going out and need ss i skin the BHA and just use ss. in the pm i use this in the shower (face included), and then follow up with Alpha Hydroxy Skin Lightening Cream.

initial results: so far, so good! (*knocks on wood*) i'm not getting any more clogs or blackheads, and have stayed clear, aside from the pimple that had already started forming prior to using this. i have no dry patches, no more redness than i usually have (perhaps even a bit less), and have no complaints at all!
would i re-buy?: yes. even if i find that for some reason i dont like this as a face wash, i will still re-buy for body use. 2 thumbs up!

UPDATE (11/1/12, a little over 2 weeks of usage):
still going pretty well. 4-5 days ago there was a spot on my forehead right in the center that was thinking about being dry, but it went away and i didnt have to moisturize any more than i normally do. there are some rough-ish dry patches on the left side of my face right next to my mouth, but it looks to me like that's breakouts that had started before i started using Dove, and they're drying up and flaking off. I had 2 bigger breakouts that had just started forming on my right cheek just before i started using the Dove, and they never even came to a head, and have started flaking off. they'll be gone entirely in another day or 2, aside from the little pink marks the'll leave behind (ugh). i've got a rather large amount of clogs/blackheads on my chin and lower jaw area (i usually hardly ever get blackheads there), but i was careless and tried a new (and pretty darn thick) face mask, and i think thats what caused them. i'm not going to tr yanything else new for a while, to see if the clogs get worse, go away, etc. I'll update again after a month or so from now. No breakouts from this soap though! and if i were going to get them, I woudl have by now! :)