September 23, 2014 | 2005 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to hate all bar soaps. They wouldn't clean, and they just left a gross residue on my skin, tub, and sink. After hearing someone on youtube talk about this, I tried it out. And now it's my favorite soap for both face and body. For me, it cleans thoroughly and doesn't dry out my skin or cause acne. The fragrance-free part is great also since I'd rather not have it in my products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best bar soap! It is the only bar soap I have ever found that moisturizes and cleanses. It rinses easily without leaving a residue or dryness. I don't use it on my face because I need acne fighting facial cleansers, but this is the only soap I use on my body.

It is also the only soap I use for my son. He's four years old now and I've used it on him since he was a baby. He has excema and this is what his pediatrician recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by kookiekrumb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if it's luck or success, but I tried this out after using Purpose for years. I had horrible acne skin and used to use abrasive, medical soaps. When I switched to Purpose I noticed reduced inflammation, but never perfect skin.

Since using this bar soap, my skin has calmed down even more. As a plus, no more flaky dryness that I got with Purpose (and I used moisturizer, too!). I look less "ruddy" and I have seen breakouts go away and I swear my pores look smaller. Maybe the other soaps were too abrasive.

I was nervous to try after years of severe breakouts, but after reading some people's success with Dove, I'm glad I tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My perfect everyday body soap. I don't use this on my face. I see a lot of people saying they do that but my skin on my face is really finicky and I wouldn't wanna chance it but I LOVE it for my body. Dove commercials are always advertising how their soaps don't leave residue or leave skin feeling tight/dry. That is true on both counts. It doesn't leave an uncomfortable residue of any sort nor does it leave me skin feeling tight or dehydrated. It gives lots of moisture, I have noticed a big difference in the skin on my legs and arms. It's noticeably softer and more comfortable feeling. Even though it's unscented I do still smell something but it's not overwhelming or bothersome. It just smells like soap but I like it! Also the bar lasts a lot longer than some of the other bar soaps I have used. Usually they just melt down and theyre gone before you know it but this one lasted me quite a while. The lather you get out of it is also super nice. I even use it to shave my legs and I get razor burn easily but this gives me a nice creamy lather that has even replaced my shaving cream. I would definitely say this is also safe to use "down there". It's not irritating or harsh. Even though I love those philosophy scented shower gels I'm not brave enough to use them down there. This is a very gentle soap that makes me feel nice and clean. I would definitely recommend it if youre looking for a cheap but good quality soap! :) Dove never leaves me disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i've been using this on my face for almost a week now, so i thought i'd write a review and update it after a little while longer.

price:for 2 bars i paid less than $3 at walmart, so the price is awesome
packaging: simple, just the bar if soap in a box, and the 2 boxes in plastic
smell: not that great, although it is very faint. this is fragrance-free, so the smell is just that of the ingredients as they are without added smell-goodness. if i werent washing my nose, i wouldnt smell anything at all, and as soon as i rinse my face the smell is gone.
lather: good, if you use enough soap. i dont use a whole bunch on my face, just a few swipes of the bar on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin, and the lather with that little product is just enough, not too foamy.
texture: smooth. there is no graininess in this soap
how often i use this: twice a day, minimum. once in the am and the pm in the shower
how my skin feels immediately after washing: just clean, not tight, and not like there is residue left behind
how my skin feels a couple hours after washing: i admit that right after i use this i ALWAYS follow up with another product, so this doenst have any time to just BE on my face, and my face is never 100% bare
what i use this in conjunction with: in the am i use the dove, and then Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid (if i'm not going out and wearing ss that day). if i'm going out and need ss i skin the BHA and just use ss. in the pm i use this in the shower (face included), and then follow up with Alpha Hydroxy Skin Lightening Cream.

initial results: so far, so good! (*knocks on wood*) i'm not getting any more clogs or blackheads, and have stayed clear, aside from the pimple that had already started forming prior to using this. i have no dry patches, no more redness than i usually have (perhaps even a bit less), and have no complaints at all!
would i re-buy?: yes. even if i find that for some reason i dont like this as a face wash, i will still re-buy for body use. 2 thumbs up!

UPDATE (11/1/12, a little over 2 weeks of usage):
still going pretty well. 4-5 days ago there was a spot on my forehead right in the center that was thinking about being dry, but it went away and i didnt have to moisturize any more than i normally do. there are some rough-ish dry patches on the left side of my face right next to my mouth, but it looks to me like that's breakouts that had started before i started using Dove, and they're drying up and flaking off. I had 2 bigger breakouts that had just started forming on my right cheek just before i started using the Dove, and they never even came to a head, and have started flaking off. they'll be gone entirely in another day or 2, aside from the little pink marks the'll leave behind (ugh). i've got a rather large amount of clogs/blackheads on my chin and lower jaw area (i usually hardly ever get blackheads there), but i was careless and tried a new (and pretty darn thick) face mask, and i think thats what caused them. i'm not going to tr yanything else new for a while, to see if the clogs get worse, go away, etc. I'll update again after a month or so from now. No breakouts from this soap though! and if i were going to get them, I woudl have by now! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been a staple in my shower for years. I have sensitive skin and I suffer from eczema and Keratosis pilaris (that dreaded chicken skin) so I can't use anything that's heavily fragranced.
This is perfect and it leaves a nice, clean scent afterwards. Love, love, love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar. I have been using it for many years and haven't found anything that works better for removing makeup. It also leaves your face feeling clean. I prefer the unscented formula because I have allergies to a lot of perfumes. This product doesn't irritate my skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by twistevil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Could not tolerate the sent .It gave me breakouts on my face and shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with this. It's non-drying, and effective. My Gynecologist recommended this to me, as it's one of the safest for delicate feminine areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by carsandparties

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this soap for years. It is the only soap I've found that has helped me clear the acne on my back/chest and leave my skin super soft and smooth. I tried it on my face but it didn't work too well for me, but I won't use anything else on the rest of my body (except for maybe Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream on my legs or anywhere else I'm dry.) Sometimes if I'm feeling daring I'll try a new soap out, but it inevitably breaks my back/chest out. This soap keeps that under control. I also use it to wash my hands before I wash my face, and it works great. Love this stuff.