July 30, 2014 | 1052 users online

Crème - Elizabeth Arden - Ceremide Plump Perfect Makeup spf15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mum (who's 50) bought this because she thought she really liked it. After a while, I noticed it seemed to just be collecting dust on her vanity since she bought another much cheaper foundation, so she let me have this. I am a young teen so I don't need this for the anti-aging properties, but I love it. It feels so lovely on your skin, it just feels like a face cream and its such a good consistency, It blends so well, and it's thick so it lasts forever, but it's not so thick that it looks heavy or cakey, and your skin feels like it can breathe. It lasts all day with a finishing powder and gives a flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by momtobe06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I took a chance and bought this after reading reviews here in MUA. I am in my 40's and have dry, fair skin. This is so thick and yet in spreads nicely and covers very well. I just love the finished look I get with this foundation. It is a thicker creme so this is for people who want coverage and want to cover and even out their skin tone. I am very fair, but # 2 porcelain shade is a great match. I love this and my search is over...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by loryoua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw one of my friend uses this foundation and thought I should give it a try. I love it!!! I have very dry skin and foundation would normally be caky or power is too flaky but this stuff is great. It last very long too. One small dip is all it takes. I will never buy any other foundation except this one. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by 305beauty4ever

EDIT 4/9/10: Sorry but I am trying more natural products and have changed from this one to Sally Hansen's Natural Foundation! This product is still very good though so I am just taking off one lippie. It is definitely my second choice if I was not able to find Sally Hansen's again as it is very similar but Sally's is natural and less oily in a long day..........
    ORIGINAL: I could not find a foundation that would cover my acne scars, redness around the nose and not have to blot 70x a day. I wanted a dewy look but always ended up with more of a glazed donut effect ---- not pretty! I thought my favorite was going to be LORAC but it turned me orange as well (see reviews for it).
    I wasn't thrilled about the jar style of this foundation but, trust me..... what's inside is purely miraculous. I put this on today at 5:30am and I didn't get home until 7:30pm and my face looked like I just put this foundation on! I barely had to blot/powder, it feels completely natural and no glazed donut by 2pm as I would have had with 95% of the many foundations I have tried (even MAC, Lancome, Laura Mercier, Smashbox, etc...) I was not in a rush to get this foundation scrubbed off becuse I did not have that dirty feel. My face felt fresh and clean the entire day! I bought the Cream color and it is a perfect match for me. I really think the right color foundation is almost as important as the texture. I used the LORAC sample yesterday and it started off great but by 11am I was getting an orange-y tinge.
    I am so sold on this foundation and I believe it will last awhile. I felt beautiful today and with my not-so-perfect skin that's saying alot....I am so glad I looked past the strange jar and gave it a try. It left me dewy, hydrated and the color never changed on me.... AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by fraulinegreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this based on the reviews here and I was getting sick of having to order my MUFE HD from Sephora..wanted something I could get locally and living in a small town there isn't much to choose from! I got this and decided to go ahead and order more HD just in case, I cannot believe how good this stuff is... I have barely touched the HD since.
    I like foundations that are more on the dewy side rather than matte. This is perfect....the color matches my skin tone exceptionally well..warm sunbeige 04..see profile pic for skin ref. it melts into your skin, but has great staying power. The jar packaging is awesome as I use my mac 187 and I can just lightly dip it into the pot. This ensures I get ALL of the product until the end too! I have traveled with this already too and it did just fine. It has a sort of Ponds cold cream smell to it..very very light and fresh.
    I keep trying the HD occasionally thinking that it has to be better, but it isn't. This has very well become my new HG! Definitely worth trying if you are searching for a new foundation!! I am SO thankful for this site or I would have never ventured over to the EA counter at all!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sdelory

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, I was looking for a new foundation and based on the reviews here, I purchased this and I'm thrilled with it. It has great coverage without feeling too heavy. It's not too greasy or too drying, just right. I use a brush to apply it so I love the "tub" it comes in but it does get a little messy when traveling.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by makeup_princess88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation and this is why:
    1) This foundation has such a natural look to it. Like someone else mentioned it blends in pretty well with your skin tone and it does not even look as if you have any make-up on.
    2) It lasts SOOO LONGGG! I'm serious. I purchased mine in August 2008 and now I can go until February 2009 before I have to repurchase my foundation. This is awesome because usually I have had to purchase foundations after 3 months of use.
    3) The packaging is SUPERB! I don't need to worry about having leftover makeup that I cannot apply to my skin because the way the Ceremide Plump make-up is packaged allows you to use up all the content before throwing it away.
    4) This makes my skin look way nicer than it does without the make-up. It gives it a healthy glow, without looking unnatural which is a plus.
    UPDATE: Not the best foundation out there. Good but not that good. Going from a 5 to a 4...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by jacks250

First of all, I am currently on Retin-A so my skin is outrageously dry right now, so I don't actually see that luminous finish everyone is talking about. in fact i wish this was MORE dewy and luminous. The coverage is quite good...medium i'd say....looks pretty natural depending on how you put it on....but CAN look cakey if i don't put it on immediately after moisturizing....i must say though, my mom is 65 and this is the best foundation i've seen on her. and it doesn't break me out unless of course i sleep in it or don't use a proper makeup remover. but if you're asian (like me) you might have difficulty finding a good colour match that doesn't have tons of pink in it.

EDIT: Actually, before they changed the name of the product to ultra-lift, they definitely changed the formula to this foundation. The old one was more moisturizing and did not highlight every bit of crepey skin and make my face look sooo dry like the new formula. I have since tried the ultra lift and same thing. i look DRY AND OLD. What bothers me is that when I asked if they changed the formula before, they just avoided answering the question and offered me to ship it back to them so they could take a look at it. yeah right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

This foundation has one of the best finishes of any I have tried in a while. The creamy consistency blends into your skin beautifully and a little goes a long way giving you great natural coverage without having the caked on look :-) It has a lovely dewy finish, although I would caution anyone with oily skin to try for a day before buying, as the finish may not suit the skin type.

Although the jar is perhaps not very practical for travelling or carrying around with you, it's great in that you can get every last bit of foundation out of it - so no wastage at all!!

A great product that I would definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I was hesitant to try this makeup but am glad I did. I don't know what it is but upon applying this makeup it makes my face glow with healthy radiance. It makes me look so fresh and alive (I have NEVER felt this way about any makeup that I've tried so far). I use 'Vanilla Shell' which is a good match for myself. it is a tad bit lighter when first applied but after a couple of hours it's the perfect shade for my NC25ish skin. It feels light on my skin yet canvassing the redness and acne spots/acne on my face. It's a superb product. I need a very little amount and it blends beautifully and effortlessly with a makeup sponge. I apply the Ceramide Loose Powder (in Translucent) and it sets it for the entire day. Will definitely purchase. I would have preferred a tube but the jar makes it look so elegant so I can live with it and won't complain. I use a q-tip to get the product out anyways so no hygiene issues here. EDIT: I exchanged the 'Vanilla Shell' for 'Warm Sunbeige' which is absolutely perfect colouring for my skintone. EDIT 2: Not repurchasing because it's NOT non-comedogenic.